Andres Iniesta

BarçaBarça

Sadly it looks like he won't accept a benchrole next season - he would be perfect for that. He is too slow to start in midfield next season, when we have Messi as well, imo.

FCBfan22

Valverde sings this to himself when picking a lineup:

Yeah I,
Will play you, Andres
Always
And You'll be there forever and a day
Always

kattanib

Valverde sings this to himself when picking a lineup:

Yeah I,
Will play you, Andres
Always
And You'll be there forever and a day
Always
And Iniesta on the otherhand

Yeah I,
Will play always
For else,
I'll threat to leave East ways
Yeah I,
Will play always
And I,
Will leave to the East anyways

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Yeah, shame him and Busquets are still our best midfielders. Coutinho is not a central midfielder and if we play Coutinho alongside Busquets with 3 forwards we'll continue to get dicked by any sort of physicality in the CL.

Total-Football

came to the stadium all the way from home to watch some magic from messi. leo wasnt in the mood but iniesta gave me a refund.. what a player, what a style.great match by andres.

Raketa10

Yup he is gone. He made the right decision, it’s time to go. What a fantastic player he was! Thak you Don for all those great years you gave to the club!

BarçaBarça

He said his future was already decided and didn't say anymore.

He's definitely gone.

I felt that way too - if it was good news, why not say it to the club right away?

No bad word about him, but I really hoped he could diminish his ego and give the club one last favour by taking a Xavi 2015-role next season - he doesn't want that, and fair game I guess. It is just - China smells like money, and that is not something I want to associate with him too much. I guess that is too idealistic.

Yup he is gone. He made the right decision, it’s time to go. What a fantastic player he was! Thak you Don for all those great years you gave to the club!

But wouldn't it be better if he stayed, and took a rotational role in the midfield? Now it is almost like we need to buy a new midfielder, and we have got many new ones to integrate as it is, imo.

khaled_a_d

He need to announce it, Iniesta deserve his mini-farewell tour and fans deserve to know.
Probably will be after CDR final or Classico

Raketa10

But wouldn't it be better if he stayed, and took a rotational role in the midfield? Now it is almost like we need to buy a new midfielder, and we have got many new ones to integrate as it is, imo.

IMHO definitely not! In big games he stopped being decisive and he lost speed and physical capabilities required for top level football. This was clearly visible in games against Roma. On the other hand in small games I would rather see more of Alena (or Arthur) if we really want to develop them.

I always thought that the right time to say goodbye is while you are still good enough to call it alone and not when everybody wants you out. That’s what he did.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

IMHO definitely not! In big games he stopped being decisive and he lost speed and physical capabilities required for top level football. This was clearly visible in games against Roma. On the other hand in small games I would rather see more of Alena (or Arthur) if we really want to develop them.

I always thought that the right time to say goodbye is while you are still good enough to call it alone and not when everybody wants you out. That’s what he did.

That makes sense :)

And Alena + Arthur could take the minutes, yes.

Home of Barca Fans