Andres Iniesta

FCBfan22

He is too old for the task he is given. He was covering up for Suarez defensively for the whole season and of course he is tired. Thank you Don. Be selfish for once, grab the China money and be a buisnessman. And before you leave, please tell the board which youngster has the most potential to be Cou's backup in your place, because Valverde and his donkeys will buy another workhorse ala Gomes.

JamDav1982

Only Rakitic and Busquets played more than him in the midfield. He is in our starting midfield most of the season. That is playing a lot considering his age. He should be playing a role of sub.

Of course those two are the only ones that have played more minutes would expect that.

He has been rested and rarely plays 90 mins he is just old.

xXKonan

Iniesta is going the way of Xavi and other Midfielders once they get older.

Simply they cannot handle the pace and physicality of the game as they once did. You can bring up Spain that he plays well but sometimes that's not a good barometer to gauge as most of the time the teams they play in international breaks are not great and won't expose his age.

In the Euros he had a strong start with Spain but completely struggled vs the likes of Croatia and Italy due to the physicality. Like I said he's the fucking Don but sadly his time at the top level is all about coming to an end.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Of course those two are the only ones that have played more minutes would expect that.

He has been rested and rarely plays 90 mins he is just old.

Of course he is old, there is nothing to argue there. He should be playing way less that what he did. His impact would have been much bigger if he was in Xavi role during our treble. Big mistake on Valverde. He is just conservative and screwed it up big time. If valverde can correct that or he resigns Iniesta can stay for one more season.

JamDav1982

Of course he is old, there is nothing to argue there. He should be playing way less that what he did. His impact would have been much bigger if he was in Xavi role during our treble. Big mistake on Valverde. He is just conservative and screwed it up big time. If valverde can correct that or he resigns Iniesta can stay for one more season.

He should play less as he is too old not because he is tired.

Closer in miutes to Paulinho/Semedo than Rakitic/Busi.

There is no reason for Iniesta to stay now from playing point of view.

Devils

Grim ending to his CL career.

One of the greatest CL players ever ending it with the most humiliating loss in Barca's history.

Really hope Iniesta has a better chance to bow out with Spain than he will be with Barca.

Grim as fuck.

Saladin

Hope Spain win the World Cup this summer.

My thoughts exactly; I hope Argentina wins it with Messi, but realistically (the Albiceleste are truly awful atm) Spain has a superb team.

All these arguments of him being too old is ludicrious, watch him shine with Spain at the WC and maybe, just maybe it will be clear as the light of day, how important and crucial the right tactical approach can be. Iniesta is easily still one of the best midfielders in the world, he just has to be used properly. Something Lopetegui has done fantastically, while Valverde... Well.

JamDav1982

My thoughts exactly; I hope Argentina wins it with Messi, but realistically (the Albiceleste are truly awful atm) Spain has a superb team.

All these arguments of him being too old is ludicrious, watch him shine with Spain at the WC and maybe, just maybe it will be clear as the light of day, how important and crucial the right tactical approach can be. Iniesta is easily still one of the best midfielders in the world, he just has to be used properly. Something Lopetegui has done fantastically, while Valverde... Well.

He is nowhere near one of the best midfielders in the world.

Cannot even compare him with Spain and even then has not been great for Spain in tournaments against the top sides.

KingLeo10

If valverde doesn't step down at the end of the season, I genuinely hope the Don leaves to China. I fear he might start CL games again next season and I can't stand to see one of the greatest midfielders ever humiliated by the likes of strootman.

If valverde doesn't step down at the end of the season, I genuinely hope the Don leaves to China. I fear he might start CL games again next season and I can't stand to see one of the greatest midfielders ever humiliated by the likes of strootman.

Didn't the cat radio report earlier that Iniesta already agreed for a three seasons in China? I think the agreement is finalized. Because, his Barcelona contract says he should inform the management before the end of April if he decides to leave so that they can find replacement.

Home of Barca Fans