Andy Carroll

barcaboy15

Haha, easy now, son.
But seriously, I really doubt anyone with the slightest sense of football knowledge would think of the Carroll-deal as even remotely sane.

I'm English so had to listen to everyone tell me how Carroll is great, how he will score a ton of goals for Liverpool and turn out to be an amazing buy etc etc.

Oh wait sorry, I just saw you said 'anyone with the slightest sense of football knowledge' so that unfortunately excludes most of English population then...;)

Jenks

I'm pretty sure most people in England said it was a retarded buy too, and couldn't wait for him to fail so they could rub it in the Scouser's faces.

barcaboy15

I'm pretty sure most people in England said it was a retarded buy too, and couldn't wait for him to fail so they could rub it in the Scouser's faces.

I'm just going generally by the people I spoke to but that wasn't really the case to be honest. Of course some saw it to be the awful buy that it was but the majority were saying it was a good buy, just a but overpriced / Carroll is a fantastic player, perfect for the PL so it's a good buy long term.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Carroll was never 100% fit last season for us and this season he is returning to 100% fitness gradually.

I still think Carroll is a beast of a player (for the premier league) and still back him completely to come good.

People can judge him after a dozen games, however once he's has one full season of being pretty much fit throughout is the time to judge.

Anyways he potentially can be here for the next 10 years thus we will hopefully see the best of him here.

The price tag is not his fault and I don't think it is fair to judge him on the price in relation to his ability.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Carroll is still going to be a beast though... Only am not sure if it is under the guidance of the great King himself!!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Carroll is still going to be a beast though... Only am not sure if it is under the guidance of the great King himself!!

We need to settle on a system and integrate Carroll into that, rather than have Carroll operate on his own. Once that is done and Suarez and Carroll practice that in training, hopefully we'll see that in game time.

I would say he needs a run of games and not 1 game playing then the next game on the bench because that doesn't help him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We need to settle on a system and integrate Carroll into that, rather than have Carroll operate on his own. Once that is done and Suarez and Carroll practice that in training, hopefully we'll see that in game time.

I would say he needs a run of games and not 1 game playing then the next game on the bench because that doesn't help him.

Yeah try to play fast, fluid passing game when Carroll is on... Take him off then scoof the ball into the box. Tht is efinitely going to work!!

Home of Barca Fans