Andy Carroll

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If you were more observant, you'll see it was your manager at the touchline directing him where to throw in. Too bad he thought kenny meant the chelsea defender. :lol:
It doesn't take a great footballing brain to decide the target of your throw in - especially when in his case, there were really 2 options, and he chose the obvious one. Regardless, its not indicative of any great football ability, and its a pity if all the pool fans can offer is Andy Carroll's throw in, in his favor. :lol:

I've never seen any footballer look so awkward and uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. You should just use him as a sub, a target player who can do some damage in the air. But, thats where it ends, really.

I can offer more but was just using his one minute at the Bridge as an example.

He can do more that do some damage in the air. He has a magnificent left foot and his positional sense is also good. His pace is decent and often overlooked because of his height but he has pace.

He is still young and learning the game but has the great future ahead of him. His assets are perfect for this league.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It speaks volumes that the only good thing you can say about his football ability is that he knows how to take a quick throw in and it was Kenny telling him where to throw it to.

I was talking about that video........are you slow or something.

Sewelly

Sorry, but the fitness argument is daft. How long does it take him to get fit? He had a full pre-season and now we're deep into November with the busy Christmas schedule on the horizon.

Imagine if it was Hodgson who had signed him for £35 million.

Interista

I don't want to kick people when they're down, but that video is the funniest football realated video i've seen in a long, long time. The music and the things on display, especially the sequence where he tries to dribble and trips himself up on the ball, made me literally laugh to the point of tears. :lol:

As for him as a player i don't know. Never watched him. Might be class, who knows. You can't tell much from a 2 minute video.

W

Worms

I was talking about that video........are you slow or something.

Well it's pretty small time using a throwin to make him sound like he's a good player.

He's got a shit first touch and dribbling skills,these things can't be taught because it's natural talent and Carroll doesn't have any.

W

Worms

Also how can use the excuse that he's not fit,he's been playing since Febuary and hasn't been injured since then.Your saying 9 months isn't enough time for him to get fit?I call bullshit he's just not good enough for 10 million never mind 35.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Well it's pretty small time using a throwin to make him sound like he's a good player.

He's got a shit first touch and dribbling skills,these things can't be taught because it's natural talent and Carroll doesn't have any.

yes they can be taught!

It will just look laboured.

Carroll is a good player. He'll come good for Liverpool. Most likely later in the season when he boosts his fitness levels.

Carroll can be unplayble on his day. Especially in the air. And he does have decent feet for a big man and is a good finisher. And he is quite fast, he just doesn't look it because of his lanky legs.

Last edited:
W

Worms

yes they can be taught!

It will just look laboured.

Carroll is a good player. He'll come good for Liverpool. Most likely later in the season when he boosts his fitness levels.

Carroll can be unplayble on his day. Especially in the air. And he does have decent feet for a big man and is a good finisher. And he is quite fast, he just doesn't look it because of his lanky legs.

They can be improved slightly at Carrolls age with lots of practice but he will never have a first touch as good as even a player like Meirless(random I know) never mind as good as a world class player, it's simply impossible.

Home of Barca Fans