Andy Carroll

Koma

To be honest, I don't think I've seen more unrealistic and more stupid transfer then this one. Jesus! :D :D

R

Redman

I'm truly mortified by the fee - it's unreal, totally ludicrous. Carroll is a good striker but hardly world class - and we have paid a world class fee for him. Truly depressing. But that little shit Torres should also take some blame, walking out on us just 2 days before the close of the transfer window. Guess the club were forced to buy a replacement but this is a panic buy. The guy is also a headcase - a real loose cannon. Liverpool have taken a huge gamble, maybe the biggest gamble in the club's history. I hope it works out...

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
He's had half a season of top flight football, and he's now the 9th most expensive footballer ever...:lol:

Huge risk. and its a serious downgrade from having Torres as your #9

Newcastle Rode liverpool like a donkey...:lol:

Co0ter

An emergency replacement?! Liverpool just bought Suarez so I really dont see why it had to be a big enough emergency as to bring in Andy Carrol for 35million.

I just have to laugh again. I can't stop laughing. Aha...hahahahaha.

I thought I'd never see a deal worse than ours for Ibra but I think Andy Carrol takes the cake, by a sliver.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I doubt that is true (the fee and Clarke not rating him).

I agree totally Carroll is over priced, but due to his englishness his fee is higher than his actual value.

Even if he fails we can sell him on for £20m to a mid table club.

But given his age, his current ability and his potential ability I really like him and I am very excited by a suarez-carroll partnership.

You got me wrong Ed... I like the kid & rate him really high. Support the transfer too although it's a bit over priced move, I mean it's not like it was hard earned cash from your side! You robbed Chelsea in the first place, and took a gamble which could actually turn out to be quite a positive one!! I was laughing at West Ham :D

Sewelly

The fee is absolutely amazing. I just have absolute no faith in it being reinvested into the team. Right now an extra few digits on the clubs accounts does nothing for me as a fan, all I see now is an owner being up £30 million and and a team being down 1 striker.

If we go out and invest the money shrewdly in the summer, signing players in the mould of Ben Arfa and Tioté we could build a really decent side. I just can't see it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sewelly, I think it's a shrewd move in the club's perspective too... I mean you are in a very good position to remain in the top flight now. And it's time to develop Nile Ranger don't you think!? It's not like you are fighting for Europe spot anyway, so playing & developing youngsters would be a good idea!!

Co0ter

I'm sorry but 35 million.....not good business in any way, shape or form. What-so-ever.

Andy Carroll was worth around 20 million, tops. If you think that the fact he is English makes up for over 15 million then....wowzors.

Might as well taken that 35 million and added 15 million to it and made an honest attempt for Rooney he he he

Sewelly

It's a shrewd move if it's spent well, and if ALL of it is spent well. This is the only thing that I can cling onto right now. In a footballing and emotional sense in the short term it is just horrible, we are also not safe just yet. The thought of one of Ameobi, Best or Lovenkrands leading the line for the rest of season is not one to relish and I fear a tight finishh now.

We may aswell play Ranger. It's not as if we're now beaming with other options. He could and should be a good player in the future, which is better than the other options who promise nothing in the long term.

Playing youngsters is something we simply never do. We don't loan them out either, or give them any kind of chance to play and that's why they all end up playing for Blyth Spartans. Then when we finally luck out and get a local lad come through we sell him first chance we get! The fee is extortianate but I can't help but think he will be a good player for Liverpool and England for the next 10 years.

Home of Barca Fans