Andy Carroll

Robbie

Fair play to Liverpool. Carroll will be world class one day, and while he isn't worth 35mil, signing him on deadline day out of nowhere is what drives it up to that price.

Torres fucked them over and left them with 1 day to find a replacement, getting one in that amount of time is what cost them that much.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I am sure he could have rejected the chance to join us, if he truly did not want to leave.

I mean you cannot force a player out of a club.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well moving to Liverpool isn't all that bad, he can play in the Europa League at least. He made a step up like Torres.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Exactly. Not his fault the fee was so high and he has the potential to be amazing and forge and quite brilliant partnership.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well the big man little man partnership is good, in defence and attack. I think you guys should have bought some defenders though.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Carroll is worth 15 million at the most. Little Pea > Carroll.

How can you compare Hernandez to Carroll - both have completely different skill sets.

A better comparison is Suarez>Hernandez

Carroll is worth 15 million at the most. Little Pea > Carroll.

If he was spanish, dutch, french that is probably the fee we would have paid, but with this english tax on all, its just accepted you have to pay more for english players.

Sewelly

Well Pardew promises it will all be spent on the squad. Just got to hope that materialises.

When I remember we got Ben Arfa and Tioté for less than £10 million combined I can atleast be optimistic. If we spend it right we could lay some pretty nice foundations down.

Home of Barca Fans