Ángel Di María

Morten

Lvg is trying to hard to look like a genious with weird formations, di maria as striker, phil jones as corner taker. His ego is to big, simply put.

zanela

His finishing, however, remains as frustrating as ever. Rather simple placement, always looking for the spectacular. When it comes off, its a golazo, when it doesn't he looks like an idiot which is more often than not, including today.

Back to 3-5-2 soon with Di Maria as a striker, 4-4-2 makes Van Gaals ass twitch.

Hopefully not.
That starting 11 they fielded plus the 4-4-2 semi diamond-ish formation, if you replace Januzaj with Herrera (and maybe Rooney for Mata), is their best available lineup

Moving forward, I can see them fielding the 4-4-2 they did at the end, in games where they have a lead to protect:

Shaw - Rojo - Jones - McNair
Blind
Rooney - Mata - Valecia
ADM (false 9-ish) - Wilson

tbh I never knew LVG can be just as pragmatic as Mourinho :lol:

Last edited:

Apparently got his house broken into while he, his wife, baby and mother-in-law were in. Amazing. It's like the world is conspiring to get him out of United :lol:

Although he did ask to be allowed to play against Cambridge despite being offered a leave by management.

EdmondDantes

He's struggling now isn't he? He was great at the start of the season and now not so much. He was Real Madrid's best player I thought last season and his body language plus whatever Van Gaal is doing in terms of tactics doesn't seem to be working for him.

He's had a recent spell of good performances, but yeah nothing as good as his first 5 games yet. I'd give him a 5/10 from their last match, his worst game in a while but he still created two great chances that could've turned the game around.

anguy

He doesn't look happy and is really misused by LVG. We should try to snatch him in 2016, if the things don't improve. Would be great replacement for Iniesta and it would drive Real fans mad.

Empty

He doesn't look happy and is really misused by LVG. We should try to snatch him in 2016, if the things don't improve. Would be great replacement for Iniesta and it would drive Real fans mad.

Where would he play? CM, CAM, LW? We can't have him rotating with Neymar or Messi, especially if we have Pedro as rotation/sub. He can play CM, but I'm uncertain how much he'll fit our team in that role.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Probably LCM if anguy wants him as an Iniesta replacement, it would be pretty interesting, as on peak form he provides great defensive workrate and attacking ability, but he's inconsistent, he might not ever reach his Madrid heights, buying him could stunt Rafinha's development, and United will probably demand an insane amount of money for him

Home of Barca Fans