Ángel Di María

Falcao

PSG are stronger than Chelski and therefore stronger than any epl team. It's a step up for Di Maria.
They aren't really. Mourinho's tactics for once caught him out and they also looked knackered because he barely rotates and uses the squad.

Jair Ventura

They aren't really. Mourinho's tactics for once caught him out and they also looked knackered because he barely rotates and uses the squad.

I don't know how anyone could argue Chelsea is better than PSG at this point. Forget results, even looking at the rosters on paper Paris is stronger, deeper, younger. The addition of Di Maria, should it manifest, tilts the scales even further in the direction of the Parisians.

My only hope is that adding Di Maria doesn't hurt the progression of Pastore or Lucas, both of whom are on their way to being world class in their own right.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think i would prefer England. When they say England has bad climate and south-europe has great climate/weather, i dont really agree. I like to go to south-europe on vacation, but after a couple of weeks i usually get really tired of 30-40 degrees celcius. Cant imagine myself living in such places for very long. Temperatures in England is much more comfortable imo.
But then again, im from Norway, so England feels more like than south-europe i guess.

I can understand not wanting the heat 24/7, but DUD, England is just an epitome of depressing weather. No other country has it worse in day to day climate because of the mood it puts you in, maybe parts of Russia do. And it's not just the weather. Manchester outside the city centre and university streets is a hole full of chavs. Pretty much Stoke. Granted it's better than Naples though, probably the biggest disappointment of a city I've ever had a chance to visit.

Morten

I can understand not wanting the heat 24/7, but DUD, England is just an epitome of depressing weather. No other country has it worse in day to day climate because of the mood it puts you in, maybe parts of Russia do. And it's not just the weather. Manchester outside the city centre and university streets is a hole full of chavs. Pretty much Stoke. Granted it's better than Naples though, probably the biggest disappointment of a city I've ever had a chance to visit.

Clearly, you have never been in Norway.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only places capable of challenging Manchester in that regard is Bergen and places up north in the country where it's cold, but beautiful(not Bergen, that's just a crappy place).

Don't know where you're from, but Oslo, Stavanger, Trondheim and places around are better than Manchester IMO.

Morten

The only places capable of challenging England is Bergen and places up north in the country where it's cold, but beautiful(not Bergen, that's just a crappy place).

Don't know where you're from, but Oslo, Stavanger, Trondheim and places around are better than Manchester IMO.

Oslo is not comparable with Stavanger, Bergen and Trondheim, all the latter have equally bad weather, but Oslo has quite nice weather, too bad the city itself is a cesspool. Trondheim and Oslo has colder winters than Stavanger and Bergen though.
Anyways, England have better average temperatures than Norway, easily.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Average in England meaning you have to at least wear a hoodie for 10 months in a year ;) In the past month and a half over in Stoke we had about a cumulative week of sunny weather (not sunny spells, actual sun) and today I walked to work freezing my ass off at 9am.

It just seems way easier to cope with the weather when there are 4 seasons in a year as opposed to 2 non-season like in England with an occasional day of snow, which leads to closed schools, airports and shutdown of public transport because no one is bothered with winter tyres. That's why I think climate-wise central Europe is much easier since it doesn't have to cope with maritime air masses as much. Italy is lovely in that regard, but the place is largely ugly and neglected. Probably why I fancy Spain so much.

EdmondDantes

PSG could give Chelsea a game any time. Their football is great to watch as well. If Di Maria signs, maybe they could reach the UCL final, we would of course still beat them. Our 3 monsters up front love scoring against them.

Unbiased United

I think i would prefer England. When they say England has bad climate and south-europe has great climate/weather, i dont really agree. I like to go to south-europe on vacation, but after a couple of weeks i usually get really tired of 30-40 degrees celcius. Cant imagine myself living in such places for very long. Temperatures in England is much more comfortable imo.
But then again, im from Norway, so England feels more like than south-europe i guess.

I agree, never understood the fascination with boiling in the sun all day with backdrops of brown, sun scorched earth.

Some of the surrounding areas around Manchester are lovely (like where the players live for example). Most of England is the same too if you stay away from the large cities and towns (which are hit and miss). There are some shit holes too, but no more than 99% of countries in the world. Juan Mata has his favorite places (on Pinterest I think it is) and a couple of them are in England, and rightly so. Take a drive and you'll hit countryside and villages before too long and that's where the beauty lies. If you prefer City life then Manchester is like any other thriving city, just without the constant sun. The players don't all live in Moss Side you know.

Unbiased United

On another note there seems to be a lot of love for PSG on here. Which is surprising considering they are basically just the French version of City and Chelsea, who everybody seems to hate.

Seems like my post was deleted together with the MSN-related posts, so I'll say it again: I don't buy the idea that the weather was a factor in ADM's performances. It can get cold AF in Southern Argentina as well, not to mention City's Argies don't seem to have this problem. It's disappointing that a player of his caliber would like to spend his prime in the almighty Ligue 1, but I guess that's what separates the Messis and Suarezes from other South American prodigies.

Jair Ventura

Seems like my post was deleted together with the MSN-related posts, so I'll say it again: I don't buy the idea that the weather was a factor in ADM's performances. It can get cold AF in Southern Argentina as well, not to mention City's Argies don't seem to have this problem. It's disappointing that a player of his caliber would like to spend his prime in the almighty Ligue 1, but I guess that's what separates the Messis and Suarezes from other South American prodigies.

This doesn't make any sense for a number of reasons:

1. Messi came up and developed with Barcelona.

2. Suarez is one player.

3. The EPL would be garbage if it couldn't pillage the French league which explains why yesterday(Thierry) and today(Hazard) their best players hail from Ligue 1.

El Gato

Villarato!
Some of the surrounding areas around Manchester are lovely (like where the players live for example). Most of England is the same too if you stay away from the large cities and towns (which are hit and miss). There are some shit holes too, but no more than 99% of countries in the world. Juan Mata has his favorite places (on Pinterest I think it is) and a couple of them are in England, and rightly so. Take a drive and you'll hit countryside and villages before too long and that's where the beauty lies. If you prefer City life then Manchester is like any other thriving city, just without the constant sun. The players don't all live in Moss Side you know.

The only truly nice English cities I can name that I've been to are London and Sheffield, Nottingham and Southampton aren't bad either, but they're on the shelf lower down along with Manchester and possibly Birmingham. Central London is great for what it is. I presume it's a lot like Manchester given most people only travel to the town centre and live further out. Sadly though the latter is far more of a shithole, because of the bigger influence of northern (and Welsh) culture and architecture. Sheffield is a perfect city. Never lived there, but I'd love to since it genuinally didn't look like it had a bad side to it.

Home of Barca Fans