Ángel Di María

oggydude

He lost form once he lost his midfield position, he is just not a WC winger. Hopefully replace him with someone good but we haven't been linked with anyone great.

Martindn

I don't think it was. He's a great player, he just lost any will to play. You could see he'd given up.

It was around christmas his form started declining after a great start, i agree with the above post it was due to him being played on the wing where he isn't as involved and some of his best attributes are nullified. His house was broken into in February and he wanted out since then, there would have been no reason at all to lose the desire before this, Paris isn't exactly Marbaya either and the wage slip would be similar.

S7_MUFC

It was around christmas his form started declining after a great start, i agree with the above post it was due to him being played on the wing where he isn't as involved and some of his best attributes are nullified. His house was broken into in February and he wanted out since then, there would have been no reason at all to lose the desire before this, Paris isn't exactly Marbaya either and the wage slip would be similar.

I think he struggled with physicality of the league and sees Ligue 1 as the easy way to earn similar amount and win titles without the added pressure..

Morten

I think he struggled with physicality of the league and sees Ligue 1 as the easy way to earn similar amount and win titles without the added pressure..

Dont think physicality has anything to do with it, many small and nimble players thrive in PL. There are other reasons why Di Maria is so bad.

Antimadridista1

Can't wait to see him in Paris ! Happy for PSG, pretty sure that he'll succeed here. Top player.
He's exactly what PSG needed imo, a game-changer.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
PSG are stronger than Chelski and therefore stronger than any epl team. It's a step up for Di Maria.

El Gato

Villarato!
Manchester tends to depress the hell out of people, including footballers. Anyway, I hope he does well in France.

As for world-class replacements, if the Pedro deal doesn't go through, I would go for Lucas Moura imo. I watched PSG - Chelsea last night and he looked amazing again, definitely back to his best after whatever surgery he had a few months ago.

England in general is a depressing step down for someone who used to live and play in Lisbon and Madrid. Paris won't be much better in that regard, but at least he won't have his balls busted for underperforming every day and he should get better.

Now, if they're buying him, can they please free up Zlatan so that things finally go full circle with him? The man has been uncharacteristically complimentary of Madrid of late. We won't win jackshit, but he deserves to be in a top club.

Morten

England in general is a depressing step down for someone who used to live and play in Lisbon and Madrid. Paris won't be much better in that regard, but at least he won't have his balls busted for underperforming every day and he should get better.

Now, if they're buying him, can they please free up Zlatan so that things finally go full circle with him? The man has been uncharacteristically complimentary of Madrid of late. We won't win jackshit, but he deserves to be in a top club.

I think i would prefer England. When they say England has bad climate and south-europe has great climate/weather, i dont really agree. I like to go to south-europe on vacation, but after a couple of weeks i usually get really tired of 30-40 degrees celcius. Cant imagine myself living in such places for very long. Temperatures in England is much more comfortable imo.
But then again, im from Norway, so England feels more like than south-europe i guess.

Co0ter

Considering Chelsea ran away with the league, then couldn't even go through vs PSG in the CL while a man up for over an hour....

Home of Barca Fans