Antoine Griezmann

Raketa10

It just tells you the management and the board doesn't have any clue. It's been like this since Zubizarreta days. It took them many years to have a proper defense replacement for Puyol and it will take them many years to have a proper midfileld. We won UCLs when we had WC midfileders. Real are winning UCLs when they replaced average midfilders like Gago, Diarra Guti...etc to WC Modric, Kroos and Isco.

Adding Greizmann without proper WC midfielder, we will crash again in UCL.

And how do you know we won't bring proper WC midfielder? People siting in our board of directors are not brainless and they for sure realize where the problem is. Finding replacement for Puyol was hard and so is for Iniesta and Xavi. It's not like they grow on tree. In the last 12 months we bought Dembele and Coutinho and we are still active on the market (Griezmann and Arthur) and that's a clear indication we are constantly trying to strengthen our team.

Can you remember how Modric played in Tottenham? Was he playing on the level he was playing in Real for the last 3 years? No! I am from Croatia so I can reassure you that even we here weren't sure he'll be such a great solution for Real. During first 6 months in Madrid he was horrendous and only Mourinho believed in him. I am also sure he was the one who insisted on him and not Real's board. I can also assure you if we tried to bring him in Barca while Xavi and Iniesta were still here half of this forum would vote against that.

The story with Isco is different but he is not controlling CM player so he for sure could't replace Xavi and that's what we need the most right now. Stay calm we'll find a solution I am sure of that.

Last edited:

Neymessi

I still dont understand how Barca plan to fit all of these stars into the first 11, one of Suarez/Coutinho/Dembele/Griez will be benched.
Messi obviously cant be benched, or even take a rest(got to claim those topscorer titles), so there are only two positions up there to fight for.

Coutinhio will play iniestas position so there are 3 for 2 positions which is fine considering how old suarez is and we will slowly phase him out with a replacement ready.

Morten

Coutinhio will play iniestas position so there are 3 for 2 positions which is fine considering how old suarez is and we will slowly phase him out with a replacement ready.

Coutinho isnt a cm, he is more of an am/lm, right?
Also, without Suarez, you play without a nr.9, unless you move Messi there, though he isnt really a nr.9 either.

Raketa10

Also, without Suarez, you play without a nr.9, unless you move Messi there, though he isnt really a nr.9 either.

I agree, but with Griezmann here we'll have 4 players for 3 positions and we'll finally be able to rotate the front 3 and hopefully our players won't be dead tired in April.
Aslo bare in mind that Messi and Suarez are over 30. I agree that both Messi and Griezmann are not no.9 but against weaker opponents they can easily play as a false 9. also Griezmann can play as a winger and in Messi position (if Messi finally decides to rest against teams like Grenada or Girona). Also in comparison to Suarez Griezmann can add a lot in attack buildup.

Also bare in mind that four of those attacking players are quite versatile and can play different positions.

Coutinho - LM, AM, LW, RW
Griezmann - second striker, false 9, RW
Dembele - RW, LW
Messi - CAM, second striker, false 9, RW

Last edited:

George_Costanza

And how do you know we won't bring proper WC midfielder? People siting in our board of directors are not brainless and they for sure realize where the problem is. Finding replacement for Puyol was hard and so is for Iniesta and Xavi. It's not like they grow on tree. In the last 12 months we bought Dembele and Coutinho and we are still active on the market (Griezmann and Arthur) and that's a clear indication we are constantly trying to strengthen our team.

Can you remember how Modric played in Tottenham? Was he playing on the level he was playing in Real for the last 3 years? No! I am from Croatia so I can reassure you that even we here weren't sure he'll be such a great solution for Real. During first 6 months in Madrid he was horrendous and only Mourinho believed in him. I am also sure he was the one who insisted on him and not Real's board. I can also assure you if we tried to bring him in Barca while Xavi and Iniesta were still here half of this forum would vote against that.

The story with Isco is different but he is not controlling CM player so he for sure could't replace Xavi and that's what we need the most right now. Stay calm we'll find a solution I am sure of that.

When I say getting a WC midfileders dosn't mean I'm looking for Xavi or Iniesta like players becuase they don't exist! Where did I say this? There were so many midfilders from good to WC the past 3-4 years but we opted to sign Song, Gomes, Turan, Paulinho, and chase non possible targets just to fool fans like yourself. Now, anyone who is involved in football and has basic knowldge will know those are crap sigings. And Modric was linked to Barcelona when he was at Dinamo. He was fans favorite and getting frequent standing oviation form them. If you are following football in Croatia, you should know this! And at Tottenham he did well enough to get praises from coaches like SAF. I have no idea which Modric you are talking about, maybe a different Modric.

Raketa10

When I say getting a WC midfileders dosn't mean I'm looking for Xavi or Iniesta like players becuase they don't exist! Where did I say this? There were so many midfilders from good to WC the past 3-4 years but we opted to sign Song, Gomes, Turan, Paulinho, and chase non possible targets just to fool fans like yourself. Now, anyone who is involved in football and has basic knowldge will know those are crap sigings. And Modric was linked to Barcelona when he was at Dinamo. He was fans favorite and getting frequent standing oviation form them. If you are following football in Croatia, you should know this! And at Tottenham he did well enough to get praises from coaches like SAF. I have no idea which Modric you are talking about, maybe a different Modric.

If you followed Modric you should know that Modric before and after Mouriho are two different players but apparently "standing ovations from Dinamo fans" is something more important to you. Jesus Christ what an argument. :lol:

In Tottenham Modric was very good but he became world class under Mourinho and that's a fact whether you like it or not. If he came here in 2012 he would have been Xavi's replacement for 2 years and he probably wouldn't develop like he did in Real.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
I still dont understand how Barca plan to fit all of these stars into the first 11, one of Suarez/Coutinho/Dembele/Griez will be benched.
Messi obviously cant be benched, or even take a rest(got to claim those topscorer titles), so there are only two positions up there to fight for.

It's not rocket science.

Suarez, Messi, Griezmann upfront.
Coutinho, Busquets, Rakitic in the middle.

Dembéléle 80 minute sub appearances.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who do you think we should buy for our midfield who would significantly improve our CL chances?

Depends on how we want to play.

The thing is, we might need to change to a faster and more direct style because we cannot get someone like Thiago, so in that case I wouldn't mind Eriksen who would help us achieve that, and is a hard worker that runs all day long defensively.

Have to make some sacrifices. Playing faster, With more intensity and having options is the key.

This slow play with Suarez and Rakitic and Messi - 3 players in key positions will not help us.

We can at most have Messi who either does nothing or is slow to react.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Depends on how we want to play.

The thing is, we might need to change to a faster and more direct style because we cannot get someone like Thiago, so in that case I wouldn't mind Eriksen who would help us achieve that, and is a hard worker that runs all day long defensively.

Have to make some sacrifices. Playing faster, With more intensity and having options is the key.

This slow play with Suarez and Rakitic and Messi - 3 players in key positions will not help us.

We can at most have Messi who either does nothing or is slow to react.

Maybe you are right. I would always opt for Thiago over Eriksen but than there is that "injury prone" thing hanging over his head.

With Eriksen I have 2 concerns:

1. He is more AM than CM and we already have that in Coutinho (if he is going to play in the midfield).
2. His work rate is high but honestly I am still not convinced this guy is a "big game" player and that's something we desperately need.

If we do buy Griezmnann than I would definitely go for CM/DM player and for sure not another AM player since we'll most probably play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 and not 4-3-3 so I don't see a place for another AM there.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe you are right. I would always opt for Thiago over Eriksen but than there is that "injury prone" thing hanging over his head.

1. He is more AM than CM and we already have that in Coutinho (if he is going to play in the midfield).
2. His work rate is high but honestly I am still not convinced this guy is a "big game" player and that's something we desperately need.

If we do buy Griezmnann than I would definitely go for CM/DM player and for sure not another AM player since we'll most probably play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 and not 4-3-3 so I don't see a place form another AM there.

I also want someone, anyone, to bench Suarez.

He tires me out watching the games. Everything about him.

His shitty play, his attitude towards other players when he doesn't receive the ball, his lack of fight.

Suarez as we knew him is dead. This lazy, fatass that bitches at other players when he cannot even controll the fucking ball and play a simple pass while missing chances after chances is a COMPLETE LIABILITY.

He averages 9km/game which is his all-time lowest surely. Some games he's even under that.

His pathetic play, his attitude, his lack of fight that comes off like a sense of entitlement. So much is wrong with him right now. I never expected Suárez of all players to become this.

I can forgive him for not playing well, but for his shitty attitude and lack of fight? Never.

FCBfan22

If we do buy Griezmnann than I would definitely go for CM/DM player and for sure not another AM player since we'll most probably play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 and not 4-3-3 so I don't see a place form another AM there.

Here is my take on why we should buy Eriksen:

-If Coutinho gets injured next year, we are fucked
Coutinho will be our only creative outlet in the midfield next year. If he gets injured, that means Messi dropping deep every time, because noone in midfield can playmake. Messi dropping deep should be a luxury, not a rule. Not to mention that Messi will drop deep less and less, because of age. When your forward is picking up the ball next to Semedo, you know that you have a problem with midfield.

-We will need to change our defensive setup anyway
One of the things I was most surprised with this year was how good was Iniesta in defence this year. He was sometimes playing next to Umtiti and Alba and he was amazing. I doubt that Coutinho can reproduce that, so we need to change the defensive setup and that would probably mean defending by two forwards not named Lionel Messi. Suarez, better hit the treadmill... Anyway, I think Eriksen would be fine in the defensive setup, as long as the two wingers help the defence.

-Eriksen is built similary to Rakitić
Eriksen is aprox. the same height as Rakitić. But he is faster, faster thinker, better playmaker, better passer and better long-range shooter. So this is a no brainer for me. Again, Rakitić is better defensively, but if we defend with 9 men, not 8 as this year, this shouldn't be a problem. Also, I think with this workrate of Eriksen, the conversion to a CM shouldn't be a problem.

-We would get the best out of Busquets again
Yes, the 442 covered the defensive faults of players like Alba and Rakitić, who are happy as pigs in mud playing in this system. But for a price. Busi. I don't think that he has ben on the same level since we changed from 442 diamond to 442 flat (some timein January). He really needs to be the only holding midfielder to capitalise on his strengths.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Coutinhio is a midfielder. And his best position is the one iniesta played. So perfect replacement there and even the style of play is similar. Without suarez we will have griezzmann in the middle who will kind of stay a bit right because messi will be dropping deep to create and even if he stays at 9 he can play false 9.

Neymessi

I also want someone, anyone, to bench Suarez.

He tires me out watching the games. Everything about him.

His shitty play, his attitude towards other players when he doesn't receive the ball, his lack of fight.

Suarez as we knew him is dead. This lazy, fatass that bitches at other players when he cannot even controll the fucking ball and play a simple pass while missing chances after chances is a COMPLETE LIABILITY.

He averages 9km/game which is his all-time lowest surely. Some games he's even under that.

His pathetic play, his attitude, his lack of fight that comes off like a sense of entitlement. So much is wrong with him right now. I never expected Suárez of all players to become this.

I can forgive him for not playing well, but for his shitty attitude and lack of fight? Never.

I agree with everything but he still has some fight in him. Thing is he can show his passion by either pressing or scoring because he can't create to save his life. So when we are playing like shit and he doesn't get any service, he looks more shitty.

Also suarez keeps getting a pass for exactly what neymar used to be crucified for. Not to mention suarez is much worse at those thing than neymar ever was. The hypocrisy.

Home of Barca Fans