Antoine Griezmann

raki

Luis Suárez takes for granted the arrival of Griezmann to the Barça in declarations to a radio of Uruguay: "Griezmann does not come to take the position to nobody but to gain important titles. They are proud to bring players of that quality "

[tw]992535213191417857[/tw]

xXKonan

I hope if he does come this means this is the end of Suarez being a full blown starter and a good lesson to players like Suarez, just because what you did several seasons ago was incredible it doesn't mean you should still be a full blown starter as his performances have decayed heavily.

In a realistic world that is my hope. We simply cannot sacrifice our one talented winger, so we can shoe horn in a declining Suarez all because the club and the coach don't seem to have it in them to tell him that his performances in the past year have been holding us back.

BarçaBarça

With griezzmann its a win win for us. Suarez doesn't need to be permananently benched but we can rotate both and slowly start phasing out suarez till griezz takes over.

Yes, I really hope this happens - it would help our attack very much.

I hope if he does come this means this is the end of Suarez being a full blown starter and a good lesson to players like Suarez, just because what you did several seasons ago was incredible it doesn't mean you should still be a full blown starter as his performances have decayed heavily.

In a realistic world that is my hope. We simply cannot sacrifice our one talented winger, so we can shoe horn in a declining Suarez all because the club and the coach don't seem to have it in them to tell him that his performances in the past year have been holding us back.

This is very important as well, as you say: Griezmann and Suarez should replace each other, not take up Dembeles playingtime, as he obviously would benefit the team very much if he is integrated. And there is nothing talking against Dembele being played with one or the other up front, as I see it.

Griezmann/Suarez --- Dembele
--------------Messi---------------
-----Coutinho---Rakitic/Roberto
-----------Busquets--------------

That would be a great lineup, imo, for next season. Of course we could need another backup in midfield other than Arthur who only arrives in January, and other than Denis/Paulinho/Alena, all of whom can't make a difference if we get injuries.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I am sure he is coming but I suppose it will be announced after the last game in La Liga or immediately after the transfer window opens.

Last edited:

Serbian

I’d be happy for griezmann to be the main striker. Sell Suarez and bring in giroud or mandzukic as s backup/plan b

Ungrateful bastards. Anyone of you fools who actually thinks griez can be anything suarez is needs to stop smoking rocks, only thing griezz has is pace over suarez, everything else Suarez takes a dump on that one trick pony

raskolnikov

I wonder if Griezmann comes we can have Suarez/Griezmann in a role like benzema/Higuain at Real during Mourinho and then after next season Griezmann becoming a starter more and more. I wonder if Suarez could take being a back up at his dream club?
Griezmann at 100 mil at this time in football is a steal no way you spin it.

Raketa10

Ungrateful bastards. Anyone of you fools who actually thinks griez can be anything suarez is needs to stop smoking rocks, only thing griezz has is pace over suarez, everything else Suarez takes a dump on that one trick pony

LOL! Suarez better in everything except pace? Are you blind? Griezmann passing is 10x better that that of Suarez, his ball control is also superior, his contribution in buildap is better. On the other side Suarez is better in front of goal since he is a true No.9 and Griezmann is not. Also those two don’t exclude each other. They will probably play together.

Also stop comparing Suarez from 2 years ago and Suarez now it’s like talking about two different players.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

LOL! Suarez better in everything except pace? Are you blind? Griezmann passing is 10x better that that of Suarez, his ball control is also superior, his contribution in buildap is better. On the other side Suarez is better in front of goal since he is a true No.9 and Griezmann is not. Also those two don’t exclude each other. They will probably play together.

Also stop comparing Suarez from 2 years ago and Suarez now it’s like talking about two different players.

Probably comparing Fifa stats over real life.

FCBfan22

This. No need to speak about defensive contribution.

henias

If Messi plays false 9, then Griezmann will be much needed. His versality and pace will be crucial. Only thing I worry is that his shooting technique and composure may not be as brilliant as Suarez's, but for now, I just dont think Messi and Suarez can really coexists any more, especially with EV's 442.

You simply dont put Suarez and Messi alone upfront.

Also, another huge worry is that EV deciding to put Griezmann as a winger in place of Dembele, which doesnt work as well.

Griezmann's arrival can mean both a good and bad thing. But with EV as a manager, it could only turn for the worse.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Probably won’t happen because (1) Griezmann does not do well playing the up front striker role and (2) Suarez is Messi’s best friend.

Home of Barca Fans