Antoine Griezmann

Joan

I like Griezmann but don't know if this is the right move.

Don't trust Coutinho in the midfield for a second.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I kind of want to see a Coutinho-Busquets-Arthur midfield.

Or you could possibly go Busquets-Rakitic in a 4-2-3-1 with Coutinho LW.

BarçaBarça

A film studio is hiring actors before even talking to the movie director and screenplay writer.

The director they choose for this epic blockbuster movie has made only documentaries before, so he has no experience on how to handle mega-budget movie and megastars.

Except one full season, which was a complete success where he made all the players historic legends as invincibles. I think the players will hold him in higher regard than most in here believe, as the invincible-status is something players (as opposed to barcafans) actually treasure.

That said, getting Griezmann and ensuring a smooth transition with Suarez wanting to play all the time although he shouldn't, and him being Messis BFF will be a hard thing to do for any manager. I'm not sure a complete new guy in the job would have better chances of cutting through to the players, do you?

Joan

I kind of want to see a Coutinho-Busquets-Arthur midfield.

Or you could possibly go Busquets-Rakitic in a 4-2-3-1 with Coutinho LW.

I'm not sure if Coutinho will work out in the midfield for us. I don't think he's much similar to Iniesta.

Rakitić and Busq as double pivots with Messi in front will be all over the place defensively. Rakitić could do it but not with Busquets who's a player of different qualities. They'd be overrun, killed in the middle. Our defense has been struggling since Paulinho's form declined and he moved on the bench.

raki

I wont lose my tine discussing this matter. It is a done deal. I´m sure Valverde had a say in this. Well, i hope so. lol

khaled_a_d

It is a bit like the signing of Henry where we had Henry, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi in 2007/2008. It's an opportunity of the market but perhaps not a market in the opportunity.

Remember that season Rijkaard struggled to fit the Quartet into the 11 and Barcelona ultimately finished 3rd and went out in CDR and CL in the Semi. A year later Pep cast off Ronaldinho and Deco (Keita for depth) without first 11 replacements giving us more balance.

I get your points, but this is a bad example, Rijkaard didn't struggle with those. In fact he barely had the 4 players available at same time during that season, something like 3 or 5 games only during the season unfortunately. In fact we had only 2 of them available way more than 3 of them. We had a problem in attack because it was those "unhealthy" 4 and none else except 17 teenagers like Bojan and GDS along Iniesta

FCBfan22

Too quite on Griezmann signing with WC coming up soon.

Coutinho signing was a lot more noisier than this.

Quite? You mean quiet?

Anyway, there was a meeting between Atleti's president and Griezmann today apparently. Possibly the most important meeting about this potential transfer yet.

Quite? You mean quiet?

Anyway, there was a meeting between Atleti's president and Griezmann today apparently. Possibly the most important meeting about this potential transfer yet.

The meeting was back in Oct. 2017?

With Coutinho signing, there was non-stop twitter posts by Journalists from all tiers for weeks until the signing.

Devils

Well the thing about Coutinho was that there was a lot of speculation and debate if he was coming or not because Liverpool were playing hardball and asking for crazy money.

We've known Griezmann was coming for months now.

FCBfan22

The meeting was back in Oct. 2017?

With Coutinho signing, there was non-stop twitter posts by Journalists from all tiers for weeks until the signing.

Coutinho was openly our target because that blithering idiot Segura declared it on TV. :lol:

There are photos of Griezmann and Cerezo leaving the restaurant today. I think if Griezmann isn't 100% sure to join us, we should discard him and move on. We can't afford another Verratti saga and need a WC midfielder more anyway.

Home of Barca Fans