Antoine Griezmann

FinBarcelonafan

Crazy how people actually didn't/don't want him. Can't bench Suarez soon enough. I've always felt that Messi would be looking A LOT better the past 2 years but for Ney's ballhogging and Suarez's donkey syndrome on the ball.

Griez is a class player. Smooth in every aspect of his game and intense exactly where he needs to be.

Right now we have bigger problem: Midfield. I think that's why. Everyone knows Griez is an upgrade but is it necessary if other roster sucks?? I think that's the problem with people, not Griez for 100 mil euro, which is great deal.

JamDav1982

Right now we have bigger problem: Midfield. I think that's why. Everyone knows Griez is an upgrade but is it necessary if other roster sucks?? I think that's the problem with people, not Griez for 100 mil euro, which is great deal.

Midfield is not a bigger problem.

Coutinho can play there and be better than Erisken in my opinion if that is what they want but there is not one forward who can do what Griezmann does and it is something the team totally lack.

Stoichkov1

Midfield is not a bigger problem.

Coutinho can play there and be better than Erisken in my opinion if that is what they want but there is not one forward who can do what Griezmann does and it is something the team totally lack.

There's Messi who does what Griezmann does at Atletico.

JamDav1982

Not really that different, even today he played behind Costa just like Messi plays behind Suarez.

If we want to replace Suarez I prefer a proper striker like Kane or Firmino.

Very different. They do not play remotely same role.

Firmino drops deep probably more than Griezmann does...

Givenchy

if only EV can get his head out of his own ass and bench Suarez. what an attack Griezmann-Messi-Dembele would be

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not really that different, even today he played behind Costa just like Messi plays behind Suarez.

If we want to replace Suarez I prefer a proper striker like Kane or Firmino.

Dude, Suarez used to play behind Andy Carroll. Then he led the offensive line on his own at Liverpool. Griezmann as well was leading it ON HIS OWN before Costa got there, and is capable of playing lone striker for both Atletico and France.

It seems like you really can't think of this construct outside of a formation on paper. Griez could EASILY be the furthest offensive player in Barca's system and coexist with Messi perfectly well.

Stoichkov1

No they dont, they play very different roles and behave very differently on the pitch.

Very different roles? What is Messi's role and Griezmann's role in your opinion?

Dude, Suarez used to play behind Andy Carroll. Then he led the offensive line on his own at Liverpool. Griezmann as well was leading it ON HIS OWN before Costa got there, and is capable of playing lone striker for both Atletico and France.

It seems like you really can't think of this construct outside of a formation on paper. Griez could EASILY be the furthest offensive player in Barca's system and coexist with Messi perfectly well.

Before Costa got there Atletico and Griezmann were crap this season.

Home of Barca Fans