Antoine Griezmann

khaled_a_d

We have the best attack, because we have the most individual talent. Our attack is still dyfunctional to me. But fair play to Griezmann for stepping up recently, but I still doubt he will make his current LW role work consistently. Its just too atypical of a role to thrive in (over a whole season).

I would gladly give up Messi or Griezmann for lets say Depay and Malen to finally have two CFs again. And yes, Depay is not a pure #9 either, but still closer in profile than Messi/Griezmann. I am not talking about how realistic it would be to get two strikers though.

We will have Fati and Coutinho back, and we don't have best individuals in defense.
BTW, I don't get how Depay is more of a 9 than Griezmann and Messi, especially with his cort=ing this year (11 goals in 23 games, 6 of those are penalties)
On defense, we are using Minguiza who was 3rd division team 3rd CB (Araujo and Cuenca were the real starters) as basically our 3rd CB until 34 years old Pique comeback.

Andresito

Staff member
7 goals, 6 assists in the last 9 games

We move.

tenor.gif

JohnN

That's what we need from Griezmann.. the clutchness. Even though we were so freaking unlucky this game, the star players stepped up as the whole team. His involvement in buildup is limited, which is exactly what he should be doing from that position. We need runs to open spaces. Finaly some good goals boys...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Still in disbelief over the 1st goal, it was out of nothing - narrow angle, woodwork off the keeper and in

Unreal. He was tremendous

Andresito

Staff member
I find it a bit weird that he got that first goal and Messi an assist. He hit the post and it was going out but then hit the GK.

Not complaining though.

Windhook

He's steaming in the last games. He was bought to score goals and we finally see him delivering.

Antoine drives me mad every time performing those first time volley shots, like he's trying hard every time to score the goal of the season/decade/century. It's not even Barca leading 3-0, but a 0-0 draw or even worse trailing 0-1. Dude, just stop the ball and get in comfortable shooting position, nobody will blame you for scoring anyway.:barcascarf:

Messi983

He's a great team mate to younger guys. Another reason I want to keep him around during this rebuild. OTOH one of the reasons why I want to get rid off Alba.

We are in the first part of the quarterfinals. Bar?a was already behind on the scoreboard. Trincao, who returned to the title, was not having his day. The Portuguese tried. And again. Always with the same result: ball for the rival. He had a touch left over. He did things well but did not finish it. And in one of them, Jordi Alba reacted. The winger, who was on the other side of the field, started yelling his name. Perhaps to ask for a little more concentration, knowing that the game was in a delicate moment. Trincao didn't even know. The one who did was Griezmann. The French striker went to Jordi Alba and from the stands of the Nuevo Los C?rmenes it was perfectly appreciated how he asked for calm making the gesture with his hands. He paid attention to the first Jordi Alba.

And it is that Griezmann is aware that Trincao is not having a good time in his first months at Bar?a. Things are not working out to the extreme and Granada was one more proof of that. He had two very clear occasions. The first was sent to a corner by Aar?n while the second sent it to the crossbar. One more day without marking. Koeman changed it with 2-0 for a Demb?l? that was key in the Bar?a comeback.

Griezmann's gesture explains the other version of French. The partner's. There are many who speak well of him. Especially young people. Riqui Puig, Pedri, Ansu, Trincao ... Griezmann makes them their older brother. And that is appreciated in a complicated year. He also fights for the unity of the group, as he did at Christmas giving a gift to each player or in Kiev, where he put the happy birthday song for Pedri. The fellow Griezmann is a 10. Now the only thing missing is that the player Griezmann also be. In Granada he took a big step forward to achieve this.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/bonito-gesto-griezmann-trincao-vio-11497092

Home of Barca Fans