Antoine Griezmann

Windhook

'Kept it simple' when connected well with overhead kick as well eh?

The overhead kick was his only option given his position in that area and it was marvelous. No doubts about that.

What I mean is his fascination with scoring amazing goals, when instead of attempting volley shots, that count in NFL, he instead could just opt to stop the ball at foot and score a simple "training style" goal around the GK. Messi is such a genius that he can provide those crazy behind defence lob passes.

How many overhead goals Messi has scored?

JamDav1982

The overhead kick was his only option given his position in that area and it was marvelous. No doubts about that.

What I mean is his fascination with scoring amazing goals, when instead of attempting volley shots, that count in NFL, he instead could just opt to stop the ball at foot and score a simple "training style" goal around the GK. Messi is such a genius that he can provide those crazy behind defence lob passes.

How many overhead goals Messi has scored?

No idea how many over head kicks Messi has scored or why that is relevant.

Windhook

No idea how many over head kicks Messi has scored or why that is relevant.

Also no idea how many by Messi, not many obviously. All I'm saying is Antoine should simplify his finishing. He is capable of scoring two goals or more per game.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Also no idea how many by Messi, not many obviously. All I'm saying is Antoine should simplify his finishing.

You just said it was his only option with the over head kick though.

What he needs to do is exactly has been doing this year and not change as some fans write off easy finishes as tap ins and some harder chances as not simple enough.

Windhook

You just said it was his only option with the over head kick though.

No. I didn't say that. What I said was:

You don't expect me to think Griezmann can stop the ball in air and perform some hawkish kicks like Captain Tsubasa, right? Or deliver a helicopter pass to Jordi Alba to down-cross to 3-men guarded Messi.

JamDav1982

No. I didn't say that. What I said was:

You don't expect me to think Griezmann can stop the ball in air and perform some hawkish kicks like Captain Tsubasa, right? Or deliver a helicopter pass to Jordi Alba to down-cross to 3-men guarded Messi.

You did say it...The overhead kick was his only option given his position in that area and it was marvelous. No doubts about that.

Then in next sentence question how many does Messi do as if it was over the top. Cant have it both ways.

Windhook

Then in next sentence question how many does Messi do as if it was over the top. Cant have it both ways.

Okay, I will try to clarify. I don't want Griezmann to try those complicated goals, I want him to be consinsent and scoring every game possible, because he misses a few chances every game. I want him to learn from Messi's goalscoring style. Messi doesn't show off scoring, he always plays for the final result, right? He wants to win in every game. And I don't remember him scoring mindblowing overhead or volleys goals. Messi has been always down to basics, you pass the ball around, get into position and you score. The way Cruyff imagined football can be.

JamDav1982

Okay, I will try to clarify. I don't want Griezmann to try those complicated goals, I want him to be consinsent and scoring every game possible, because he misses a few chances every game. I want him to learn from Messi's goalscoring style. Messi doesn't show off scoring, he always plays for the final result, right? He wants to win in every game. And I don't remember him scoring mindblowing overhead or volleys goals. Messi has been always down to basics, you pass the ball around, get into position and you score. The way Cruyff imagined football can be.

The point is cant claim it is his only option and then he should learn not to do that as an example.

Griezmann just needs to keep as being doing recently and not listen to those still trying to pick holes and will be fine if can.

Joan

Most of Griezmann's goals are really nothing to write home about, simple stuff in the box. I've never seen him as a particularly pretentious or fancy player. Good stuff he's got skills to pull some goals and chances out of nowhere when not positioned perfectly like the first goal yesterday. Might be just the impression I've got.

Laplacian

People should be happy about his current form because it might give us a chance to sell him, not because he might "step up" and become our main player for the next few years. His position is unorthodox, he struggles to influence the game throughout the match, he does not offer dribbling or pure playmaking, and he's insanely expensive to keep. For all intents and purposes he should be sold. We need a functional front 3, wingers and an actual 9. Not multiple second strikers and Dembele.

See lots of people losing sight of the long-term option here because of his recent form. This club just can't afford for a player to disappear for half a season just to find his form which isn't that impressive when you compare to a peak Hazard or Neymar performance.

malvolio

People should be happy about his current form because it might give us a chance to sell him, not because he might "step up" and become our main player for the next few years. His position is unorthodox, he struggles to influence the game throughout the match, he does not offer dribbling or pure playmaking, and he's insanely expensive to keep. For all intents and purposes he should be sold. We need a functional front 3, wingers and an actual 9. Not multiple second strikers and Dembele.

See lots of people losing sight of the long-term option here because of his recent form. This club just can't afford for a player to disappear for half a season just to find his form which isn't that impressive when you compare to a peak Hazard or Neymar performance.

nailed it! same goes for 'big injury is just around the corner' dembele.

both have had issues, for different reasons, and both should be sold if a good opportunity arises. otherwise we'll continue this never ending cycle of getting our hopes up, only to be disappointed again and again.

JamDav1982

If his doing well allows for better offer to sell him in summer or leads to better form from here in next few years couldnt care either way from here to end of season. Just hopefully can keep it up and keep that connection with Messi going.

In summer see where are and what is best move from there.

Home of Barca Fans