Arda Turan

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Not bad today, but not good. Does anyone else think he looks a little over weight?? Or is that just his natural build??

J

Jamie Cal

Nah, he was quite poor today all round. There was no signs of the battle-hardened Arda. Look at the very end of the first half where he's a yard ahead of the Malaga man, and their guy still beats him to it because Arda's only at semi-urgency.

And again at the end of the second half where the ball bounces to him, and instead of the consummate 'get it done' stuff we're used to with Atletico, he gives them the ball lazily, they break, the whole team is out of position, and we get lucky that their cross goes wide. And it was like that all day. It's like he's not fit.

I want Arda to be a success as much as anyone, but we need to call it out when he's not doing it too.

Jombi

He's a good squad player, but we cant expect him to be world class when he's not. Too many had far too high expectations of him. He'll battle it out with Raki and Roberto for a midfield spot but Roberto will cement that position sooner or later IMO.

J

Jamie Cal

He's a good squad player, but we cant expect him to be world class when he's not. Too many had far too high expectations of him. He'll battle it out with Raki and Roberto for a midfield spot but Roberto will cement that position sooner or later IMO.

I just feel that he's a better replacement for Iniesta or even Neymar than one of the workman guys on the right (Sergi or Rak). It's all about balance.

Jombi

I just feel that he's a better replacement for Iniesta or even Neymar than one of the workman guys on the right (Sergi or Rak). It's all about balance.

Thing is, both Raki and Sergi play on Iniesta's position as well. Raki basically has played his whole career as an attacking mid, more like a no.10. Arda is versatile, so even though he's quite slow he could be a useful backup on either wing, which is good.

Theoden

that was his worst game at Barça so far.After 6 months its understandable but main problem is that he seems lose his confidence.His transfer fee puts so much pressure on him.I am not expecting him to score many goals or some crazy stats just want to see his dribbling moves on the front even if he fails.

Co0ter

Give him time. He's played like 4 competitive matches in 6 months. He is really happy to be here and still has nerves about fitting into the team, that much is clear. He is more focused on not making mistakes and fitting in than unleashing his natural game.

Once he is comfortable, I'm sure that warrior Arda we all knew at Atletico will come out; it's in his nature. As far as his quality goes, he has nothing to prove there. He is a world class player and he's shown that playing for Atletico, he was always up to the task for Atletico in the big games and I'm sure he will be for us as well.

Rakitic took some time to adapt now too, but with a lot of effort on his part he adapted his game to our system...and Arda is more technically fit for our game than Rakitic was. Good things will come.

Last edited:

Trickykid

How you can conclude anything after less than a handful of games is beyond me.

No, that's a lie, as it's perfectly obvious, seeing as you've already written Arda's legacy at Barça long before it even started. Every mediocre performance of his (let's just completely disregard his obvious lack of form and the fact that the entire team played like a sack of potatoes, right?) will just fuel your agenda regarding Sergi Roberto being better than Arda.

If only we had bought the the almighty Lucas Lima, we would've strolled to a consecutive treble. Umtiti would probably also do a better job in midfield than average Arda who has never done anything of note.

F

Flavia

If only we had bought the the almighty Lucas Lima, we would've strolled to a consecutive treble. Umtiti would probably also do a better job in midfield than average Arda who has never done anything of note.

Or Dani Parejo.

Home of Barca Fans