Arda Turan

barcanuck

How you can conclude anything after less than a handful of games is beyond me.

No, that's a lie, as it's perfectly obvious, seeing as you've already written Arda's legacy at Barça long before it even started. Every mediocre performance of his (let's just completely disregard his obvious lack of form and the fact that the entire team played like a sack of potatoes, right?) will just fuel your agenda regarding Sergi Roberto being better than Arda.

If only we had bought the the almighty Lucas Lima, we would've strolled to a consecutive treble. Umtiti would probably also do a better job in midfield than average Arda who has never done anything of note.

Good post but remember Arda's price tag is $40 million with variables included. That's going to draw some expectations not Lucas Lima BS. Just like Mathieu drew expectations for his price tag too. Need some results so far Turan has fit in nicely I think will only get better.

Jombi

How you can conclude anything after less than a handful of games is beyond me.

No, that's a lie, as it's perfectly obvious, seeing as you've already written Arda's legacy at Barça long before it even started. Every mediocre performance of his (let's just completely disregard his obvious lack of form and the fact that the entire team played like a sack of potatoes, right?) will just fuel your agenda regarding Sergi Roberto being better than Arda.

If only we had bought the the almighty Lucas Lima, we would've strolled to a consecutive treble. Umtiti would probably also do a better job in midfield than average Arda who has never done anything of note.

Oh, dont be such a candy ass. I've said he is a good player. A squad player which will be useful, who I think was very much overpriced, but you will not change my mind about him being world class or better than Roberto. He is the third most expensive player at that age in the world. Its very different than recommending a 10m player with an expiring contract. You dont seem to grasp that.

It's funny how you think it is acceptable to mock and ridicule some of our own players while you get your pants in a twist when someone dont think your favorite is world class. Many people did have EXTREMELY high expectations of him, but you should learn to argue with facts against people who disagree with your assessments instead of just petulant attacks and shaming. Look at your post. There are no tactical arguments related to football at all. Its just "you are stupid for thinking this".

This is the first time I've even commented his performance for us since he started playing for us, so grow a spine, learn to accept different opinions and stop whining.

Last edited:

Jombi

Yes, I thought he would be useful for us, but Napoli bought him from Udinese instead of us this summer, and he has been great for them and a big reason they are now top of the table in Serie A. Great buy. Its called buying smart. By rejuvenating our squad by buying young and up and coming players for cheap. You better get used to it, because we wont have the money to splash hundreds of millions of euros on players in the coming years with the drought from la masia and competition from the English clubs. Keep dreaming about signing players from PSG or English clubs. You'll get disappointed.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Hipster mode there. He's one of my favourite players, been watching him since his Udinese days and I'm glad he's doing well at Napoli. Probably not our type of player though, but he's definitely good enough for a top club like Chelsea or United, even PSG if they ever sell Verratti (to us :)).

JamDav1982

Oh, dont be such a candy ass. I've said he is a good player. A squad player which will be useful, who I think was very much overpriced, but you will not change my mind about him being world class or better than Roberto. He is the third most expensive player at that age in the world. Its very different than recommending a 10m player with an expiring contract. You dont seem to grasp that.

It's funny how you think it is acceptable to mock and ridicule some of our own players while you get your pants in a twist when someone dont think your favorite is world class. Many people did have EXTREMELY high expectations of him, but you should learn to argue with facts against people who disagree with your assessments instead of just petulant attacks and shaming. Look at your post. There are no tactical arguments related to football at all. Its just "you are stupid for thinking this".

This is the first time I've even commented his performance for us since he started playing for us, so grow a spine, learn to accept different opinions and stop whining.

Its pointless saying 'third most expensive signing at that age' not even sure it is true anyway. Who are you saying are the first two?

The transfer market is exploding for how man teams can pay 30/40/50 million for players and it will be very common for players at 28/29 to be going for these prices.

No one had HUGE expectations of Arda other than he will come in improve the squad and offer more options. He is a different level to players like Parejo that you try to say could have been an option.

Jombi

Its pointless saying 'third most expensive signing at that age' not even sure it is true anyway. Who are you saying are the first two?

The transfer market is exploding for how man teams can pay 30/40/50 million for players and it will be very common for players at 28/29 to be going for these prices.

No one had HUGE expectations of Arda other than he will come in improve the squad and offer more options. He is a different level to players like Parejo that you try to say could have been an option.

You're clutching at straws. I've never said that Parejo should be signed by us. All I've said is that he's a good la liga player, he is Valencia's leader, their midfield general, their captain, their top scorer. Never have I said we should buy him.

But I'm glad we agree that Arda can only be a useful squad player for us, that he isnt world class, and people shouldnt expect him to be even though he arrived with an excessive price tag. I'm not too worried though. Roberto will seal the spot soon enough as he's simply a better player than Arda.

Last edited:

Galning

You're clutching at straws. I've never said that Parejo should be signed by us. All I've said is that he's a good la liga player, he is Valencia's leader, their midfield general, their captain, their top scorer. Never have I said we should buy him.

He got stripped of the captaincy yesterday for his lack of leadership.

mark1nhu

Hipster mode there. He's one of my favourite players, been watching him since his Udinese days and I'm glad he's doing well at Napoli. Probably not our type of player though, but he's definitely good enough for a top club like Chelsea or United, even PSG if they ever sell Verratti (to us :)).

He has been immense since his Vasco da Gama times (the club on my avatar), but I agree with you about probably not being a player for us.

Anyway, I hope he shines just like any other Vasco's product (Coutinho, Alex Teixeira, etc).

Jombi

He has been immense since his Vasco da Gama times (the club on my avatar), but I agree with you about probably not being a player for us.

Anyway, I hope he shines just like any other Vasco's product (Coutinho, Alex Teixeira, etc).

Edmundo makes Luis Suarez a choir boy. :D

Home of Barca Fans