Arda Turan

Horatio

You're welcome
Actions speek louder than words. I can see that is your mantra [MENTION=20284]Theokn[/MENTION].

Edit: Owh there it is.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

I'm sorry, buddy, but that's just pure nonsense.

Okay, "Barca-quality" was the wrong word to use. What I mean is that I think he can improve from what we are seeing right now. I certainly think he is good enough to be in this team, but I feel he can do better. I'm not worried though, he is getting better, but hasn't played himself into the starting-11 IMO.

Co0ter

Okay, "Barca-quality" was the wrong word to use. What I mean is that I think he can improve from what we are seeing right now. I certainly think he is good enough to be in this team, but I feel he can do better. I'm not worried though, he is getting better, but hasn't played himself into the starting-11 IMO.

He can definitely improve offensively. There was a few times where he got the ball in a great offensive position, one time right outside the box, and he just froze...like he was too nervous to try something or just didn't know what to do. The crowd made a big sigh on that latter occasion lol The work rate is there although he starts to get tired around 65 mins or so (that will improve with more match fitness I think) and defensively he's been very good, especially yesterday.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I'm still not convinced he's a good fit for our midfield....ideally, I'd rather use a more dynamic midfielder as a stand-in for Rakitic. Positionally, Arda could do a lot better imo - offensively and defensively - and his passing is rather safe imo. That said, he should get more time to get back to fitness and to get used to our style of playing.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If I'm being honest I'll say that I better understand the flaws he was sometimes accused of having at Atletico. His small passing range and action radius means that he often can go missing from a game in terms of personal impact. It's like every time he gets the ball he holds himself to a very small space to operate in. You'll never see him be the 'center' of a transition play the way Iniesta and Roberto often do. Rakitic doesn't all that often but he has the movement and passing range to make up for it. Our play is never suffocated by Rakitic or the other midfielders the way it is with Arda because they make the game open.

I really like Arda's skill and technique which is why it's hard to admit that he often plays like a passenger during our games, sort of like if Pedro were in midfield. He fits in and doesn't make notable errors or anything but he doesn't manage to contribute a lot. Our midfielders don't necessarily need to be dynamic but he's really the antithesis of it. I don't even know if it's an improvable criticism because it's just so innately built into how he plays.

He is very impressive defensively though, puts in a great shift.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Exactly, he gets himself in tight spaces for holding to the ball too long, which also sometimes kills great opportunity of a fast transition to attack.

Defensively I have nothing to say, he was good, but offensively he needs to improve a lot.

Sniperr7

dont be impatient. he didnt play in this team for years. and still couldnt addapted system and especially footballers.
for example he ısnt very good wıth messi.
and he likes being more free and crazy gaming, but ın barca system if you are back of 3-4 world stars
you cant be able to be free or crazy, you should play inside dicipline and honestly turks dont like dicipline :)
and maybe enriqee sometimes should change his position, cause he isnt used to play between defense and offense .. but who knows maybe he ll be the greatest in the back of messi and suarez..

passerby

I have read some comments in this thread and it seems Barcelona fans are Messied up in appreciating a player's abilities.

As a newcoming midfielder in Barcelona, what are you supposed to do? Score three goals in a match? Do three assists in a match? Steal all balls of your opponent?

I don't see why you understate Turan's contribution that much. He steps everywhere on the right flank of the pitch. He is always available when a player looks to pass. His pass percentage is no less than Barcelona average. He is an active defender and he steals balls in the box, no penalties yet. He continuously presses while defending.

The thing that your eye catches, he is not passing through balls. Is this everything in football? A player plays a perfect game, but nooooo.... He is not an expert in through balls so let's judge him.

Iniesta 32 matches 1 goal 3 assists
Rakitic 44 matches 6 goals 4 assists
Turan 15 matches 2 goals 4 assists

I know someone will say statistics doesn't prove anything, I agree. But cut that player some slack.

From a Liverpool fan.

barcanuck

2 goals and 3 assists in 11 games is pretty damn impressive results for Turkan.

Yeah he doesn't look like typical Barca player but he has produced results. He offers something different which is good for the squad.

Home of Barca Fans