Arda Turan

Darko

Other players were also bad but at least they can control the ball, this guy is just a disaster, like playing with 10 men.

bismp

I think he would play much better if Neymar stayed in his position.

I just don't understand this.Many people say that Ney and especially Messi should stick on the wing the whole match.I just disagree.Thigs may get overcrowded,but when the opposing team has parked an airbus,Ney and Leo can do NOTHING from the wing imo.They can't dribble past 5-6 players and then score from a very difficult angle.However,when they play centrally,they may(and actually do) get a couple of shots,that have a chance to go inside the goal.

Narto

I just don't understand this.Many people say that Ney and especially Messi should stick on the wing the whole match.I just disagree.Thigs may get overcrowded,but when the opposing team has parked an airbus,Ney and Leo can do NOTHING from the wing imo.They can't dribble past 5-6 players and then score from a very difficult angle.However,when they play centrally,they may(and actually do) get a couple of shots,that have a chance to go inside the goal.

Well shouldn't it be up to the midfielders to create the chances then? I think it's fine when they move to a more central forward position, but yesterday, as usual, Neymar often cut back to midfield forcing Arda to a forward position, where he was completely useless. And to me it doesn't seem like something that can be fixed with time. What's the point in general of having an attacking midfielder if he is going to be limited like that?

Vilarrubi

At the moment he's too obsessed with playing possession football and taking the easy pass rather than the more dangerous forward pass.. Maybe that will change with time, he certainly is world class for Turkey and was for AM.

Dado

http://screamer.deadspin.com/arda-turan-wants-to-leave-atletico-because-the-coach-ma-1714403868

Arda Turan Wants To Leave Atlético Because The Coach Makes Him Run A Lot

The good thing about Simeone’s system is that it works. The bad is that it wears you the fuck out. Understanding this, Turan is looking to move someplace where he won’t be asked to sprint non-stop for 90 minutes twice a week.

In that sense he would prefer a system that liberates him from defensive duties, or so he says.

So he came to Barcelona........... where he won`t have to run alot. :lol:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I feel like Arda is a bit overrated in here. I do not think he is much better than Raki let alone all other starters in midfield and attack and he will need time to adapt to the team, get to 100% after a long pause etc.
Not saying he will not help the team but I see him more of a really good option to add depth to the squad but certainly no superstar player.

Let's see what I wrote about him 5 months ago. :coffee:
Arda has been a huge bust so far. He does not fit at all.

Jombi

True, this is what I wrote about him 4 months ago before his debut for us and I got a lot of heat for it:

I personally think the reason Arda is hyped up like crazy in here is because we are starved of any big money purchases since Luis Suarez, not because people were drooling over him when he played for Atletico. As we can see, Atletico is doing fine without him, and Saul Niguez has been fantastic. He will be a useful addition to our squad but it would surprise me if he ever becomes a regular starter. I think Sergi Roberto is a better player than Arda Turan.

Jombi

Turan never stood a chance. Thrown to the wolves just a few months in.

Thats what happens when people have far too high expectations. He was never world class and never will be. He can be a useful squad player or he can be Alex Hleb 2.0. Its up to him.

i_bleed_blaugrana

The key for me is Rakitic. The whole "MSN freedom" argument for him not playing well would be more valid to me if Rakitic had struggled as much as Arda has. It's been different for him since the ban and I think it'd be rash to sell him this summer. But it's not going to be any easier for him with Denis Suarez and Rafinha needing minutes to develop, assuming no big name MF like Pogba enters the picture.

Playing in Barça's midfield requires not only technical ability but a tactical nous that very few players possess. That's why I'll always prefer home-bred MFs to imports because they have been bred with the specific skills and mental training we need that makes the adaption process much easier.

On top of that, given the freedom Lucho gives to MSN, not only do you have to have all that ^ but now, you have to play fairly defensively and behind the ball. Iniesta in particular had a hard time adapting to this, he always played ahead of the ball, more forward than Xavi and Busi to link with the front three under Pep's era and afterwords. Lucho plays his MF deeper than Pep did in comparison and only recently had Iniesta finally looked like himself under Lucho.

The defensive freedom Lucho gives to MSN will not change nor should it. Any MF who plays here has to adapt to that and if Arda cannot, he shouldn't play until he can. For me, he still looks a bit lost positiontionally, too wide and he doesn't tuck in to help start the play from out deep. He isn't comfortable doing that so his best use to us is strictly as a winger/forward.

A big problem recently is how frequently Messi and Neymar are drifting inside. That's due to fatigue, you have to run more to create from the wings but it is crucially blunting our attack. Every team we have played has flooded the middle and with Neymar and Messi in the center, it's simply too congested to play through. Having those two out wide stretches their lines and opens up space and passing lanes to play around. Believe it or not, they would be having more success if they stayed wide and waited until in possession to cut in.

The best solution to this tactically then is to go into a double pivot with Messi as a CAM and Arda as a RW but then the Don gets benched.

Lastly, I'm not convinced Pogba would do much better than Arda for reasons I've already laid out. He loves to bomb forward and receive the ball in advanced positions and that would put a lot of pressure on Busi to cover the space he leaves.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

But hey it´s not like Lucho can hold MSN accountable and subb Messi or Neymar because they are playing like crap ... remember what happend last year when he subbed Messi?

What's your point ?

What does Neymar or freaking Messi have to do with Arda playing like absolute shit ? Should we sub them to accomodate him ?

People just refusing to call a cat a cat, so I will, so far, Arda has been shit for us, caca, poop, kherya. That is all.

Sell him or not, honestly don't care, but it's seriously starting to look like a failed transfer, and what's worst, I feel like he's not giving it his best, so he won't have any empathy from me, that much is for sure.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't mind that much that he's not playing up to what was expected of him... What worries me is the lack of fighting spirit he was supposed to bring, we haven't seen the warrior he is known to be and that is something you don't need adapting to show...

Suárez had a hard time his first few months, but his character was always there, something that can't be said about Arda...

God Serena

What's your point ?

What does Neymar or freaking Messi have to do with Arda playing like absolute shit ? Should we sub them to accomodate him ?

People just refusing to call a cat a cat, so I will, so far, Arda has been shit for us, caca, poop, kherya. That is all.

Sell him or not, honestly don't care, but it's seriously starting to look like a failed transfer, and what's worst, I feel like he's not giving it his best, so he won't have any empathy from me, that much is for sure.

It's fairly typical of these Arda fanboys to try and point the blame at every single player that isn't Arda when everyone is coming down on him. Arda is lazy, has no passing range, tends to go invisible for large stretches of the game, does not link up at all with our forwards, provides nothing defensively, commits stupid fouls constantly, has poor positional awareness, can hardly control a ball, doesn't fight for possession, etc., yet these people always go on with their "It's only been 3 months!" and "X and X were also bad this game!"

He's yet to help us win a game but he's done a damn good job of doing nothing to help the team when we're on the back foot. This is our 40m transfer? We'd be better off playing Douglas in midfield, at least we know he'd give an effort somewhere.

Home of Barca Fans