Arda Turan

God Serena

i'm only stating the fact , you making out Denise is our savior for god sake ,if he was that good we wouldn't of loaned him out .

Denis won't be saving anything. He'll just be a good rotational option, of which Arda is not.

And I know you're just an Arda fanboy but really, at least try to google why we loaned him out if you're going to speak about it. He was a B team player with a promotion clause who was nowhere near ready to join the team two years ago when he was loaned.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
i'm only stating the fact , you making out Denise is our savior for god sake ,if he was that good we wouldn't of loaned him out .

Lucho already wanted to get Suarez back in summer and then in January, but first Uefa blocked the move and then Villareal blocked the move in winter. He has become an integral part of Villareal squad and who knows maybe in a couple of years will be a starter at Barca. He is only 22 after all.

Pepe Silvia

I don't mind that much that he's not playing up to what was expected of him... What worries me is the lack of fighting spirit he was supposed to bring, we haven't seen the warrior he is known to be and that is something you don't need adapting to show...

Suárez had a hard time his first few months, but his character was always there, something that can't be said about Arda...
Another Cesc situation, where he needs a certain 'climate' in order to perform at his optimal. I'm willing to give him time to adapt. I don't get the fuss at this stage of his time at Barca.

Keki

Denis won't be saving anything. He'll just be a good rotational option, of which Arda is not.

And I know you're just an Arda fanboy but really, at least try to google why we loaned him out if you're going to speak about it. He was a B team player with a promotion clause who was nowhere near ready to join the team two years ago when he was loaned.

Apparently i'm not allowed to reply to your post , just an Arda fanboy still LMFAO.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
No one is scapegoating anything, just calling a cat a cat, and a shit signing (so far) a shit signing. That is all.

Pretty sure everyone criticizing him in here, me included, will be more than happy to be proven wrong, hopefully soon and not in 2018.

God Serena

Another Cesc situation, where he needs a certain 'climate' in order to perform at his optimal. I'm willing to give him time to adapt. I don't get the fuss at this stage of his time at Barca.

Cesc is notorious for being a failed transfer despite being given all the time in the world and more to adapt.

Terrible comparison.

Cirre

Banned

Dude, pull your head out of your ass and stop accusing everyone with everything just because they don't agree with you.

Should we who don't agree with you, accuse you and those who agree with you for hating Arda that you do so because he's from Turkey?

We don't do that, because it's stupid and pointless, as is you accusing others for being fan boys or not real supporters.

Go and suck some lollipop you little kid!

No one is scapegoating anything, just calling a cat a cat, and a shit signing (so far) a shit signing. That is all.

Pretty sure everyone criticizing him in here, me included, will be more than happy to be proven wrong, hopefully soon and not in 2018.

Maybe you don't use him as a scapegoat, but it's been happening, like it or not.
And in my opinion your exaggerating, or what I see as a failed signing and what you see differes.

Thats what happens when people have far too high expectations. He was never world class and never will be. He can be a useful squad player or he can be Alex Hleb 2.0. Its up to him.

Claiming he's not world class is far from accurate, Arda in his best is world class. You don't get to be leader of Turkish national team, beast and one of the cores in AM and bought by Barca if your not world class.

Now more accurate claim would've been, if you said that he's not world class while playing in barca because of the play style issues, (not saying I agree).

i_bleed_blaugrana

Cesc is notorious for being a failed transfer despite being given all the time in the world and more to adapt.

Terrible comparison.

I'm one of those despised lot who thought Cesc failed here because he was constantly played out of position. He pretty much played as a 9 here and Arda hasn't necessarily been in the same situation as Cesc. Again, bad comparison.

I was always curious when we signed him where he would fit in. I think few would doubt he is world class but he looks lost at times in our system. His body language and way he positions himself suggests he is not comfortable nor confident as an attacking midfielder.

Lastly, I'm not at all suggesting we should switch to Messi as a CAM permanently just to fit Arda in his natural role. I just think it wouldn't be a bad tactical switch mid-game, or as a direct line up for away fixtures. Someone said Busi can't play in a double pivot and that's not true, he was masterful for Spain in 2010 in a double pivot system. Lucho has tried Messi there before and it hasn't been bad. Again, shouldn't be our main formation but it's not a bad plan B, especially for away games.

Simply put, Arda needs to improve or get used to playing in dead rubber matches.

God Serena

Dude, pull your head out of your ass and stop accusing everyone with everything just because they don't agree with you.

Maybe if you weren't only here for Arda you'd know that you're the only group of fanboys I call out for it. So many of you joining at about the same time and spend the vast majority of your small time here slinging insults at anyone who talks bad about your idol...

If it weren't true it really wouldn't hurt you as much as it seems to.

Should we who don't agree with you, accuse you and those who agree with you for hating Arda that you do so because he's from Turkey?

I hate on him because his performances are poor. Consistently. In fact, I could go as far as to say he's been poor every single time he's played. Saying we don't like him because he's from Turkey would just be a joke.

We don't do that, because it's stupid and pointless, as is you accusing others for being fan boys or not real supporters.

So?

Go and suck some lollipop you little kid!

Only kids seem to think calling someone a kid is an insult...

Claiming he's not world class is far from accurate, Arda in his best is world class. You don't get to be leader of Turkish national team, beast and one of the cores in AM and bought by Barca if your not world class.

Now more accurate claim would've been, if you said that he's not world class while playing in barca because of the play style issues, (not saying I agree).

The problem is that if was even showing glimpses of his WC ability, it would be looked upon as much better. Right now, he's done fuck all. For all that hype about him bringing a beast in him to the club has been missing. All we've seen is some unlucky yellows and really stupid yellows.

And, it isn't that hard to be the captain of the Turkish NT atm, it's not like it's the best nation in football or whatever. Also, not everyone in Atletico are individually world class imo, it's that when they play together, that they are so much better. The sum is always greater than it's parts. And being bought by Barcelona doesn't mean that you're world-class, we've signed effing Chygrynskiy, among others. I'm not saying that he isn't world-class, but the reasons why you say he is, isn't why he was world-class.

I'm not going to judge him entirely as a player, just based on what's here. I'd give him time, and let him properly settle in. But make no doubt, right now, he's played well below average (or average at best) for a while. But if a club comes knocking with a offer that was greater than his cost was, I'd be more than willing to sell him.

malvolio

cesc got the pass because he was ours to begin with. also rosell needed a signing like this to win the fans over. the player was still young and highly regarded in world football for several years.

arda didn't have this characteristics when we signed him. the age factor comes into play as we can't afford to wait for him to be good at 30-31 years. if he didn't show any glimpse of being the right player for barca i think it is best to sell while we still can get something out of it. the chinese won't be paying colossal amounts on mediocre players forever. they will either not invest anymore or simply go to the next level and buy better players.

bottom line - if there is an opportunity to sell, take it with both hands and run.

Home of Barca Fans