Arda Turan

SirXavi

The Engineer
giphy.gif

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yellow card in five league games in a row and now suspended for our next game. I won't even speak about his performance so far.

F

Flavia

He's getting plenty of abuse here because of the fee and his age, but I think the bigger problem is why LE wanted him, for a role he's not suited for. He's having a hard time adapting, and he might not do it. His dream is kind of a nightmare so far. Rafinha also was poor, midfield is non existent.

Sekou

What midfield problem are you talking about?

Yes, Cesc failed here and thankfully we get rid of him (still a season too late for me) but we did get a great player in Rakitic for cheap and we also developed Roberto and Rafinha (and still have some youngsters waiting for their opportunity). For Arda is still to early to judge him. Give him another season and I believe all doubters will be surprised about how good he will be in our team. If not, we can still sell him next season. With markets like China, Qatar and MLS he can get a good offer when he's 31 or 32.

About Isco thank Pep to prefer Cesc over him.

And about Thiago. He wanted to leave, what could we do? I don't care about players who don't want to be here. Oh, and he's also injury prone and Rafinha will have a better career than him so we kept the better of Alcantara brothers.

Rakitic is an absolute powerhouse and irreplaceable in Enrique's system, no dispute there. Sergi Roberto is also great, his development this season has been stunning, but even he is pale in comparison to some of the best midfielders around these days, same goes for Rafinha. Thiago left because he didn't get enough playing time, he was too talented to stay on the bench, even in this team - but Cesc was played over him. To say that Rafinha will have a better career than him is daring to say the least at this stage and I would argue that Thiago is easily the better player. I'm all for giving our youngsters time to prove themselves, but when you talk about the best midfielders in the world today, no one will mention Rafinha, Roberto, Arda Turan or Rakitic very far up in their list. While Real Madrid invested in players like Modric, Isco, James in the last few seasons it seems that we have been investing rather poorly and letting the wrong players go...

Luckily, their team has been struggling with cohesion and bad management over those last few seasons, but if you compare their midfield players with ours on an individual level, they are a class above us. A claim that would have been unthinkable to make just a few seasons back. Thank god we have Busi though.

El Flaco

Kinda sad that Arda seems to receive a lot of yellow cards for challenges that other players would get away with...

Narto

It looks so uncoordinated when Neymar cuts back to midfield that often and forces Arda to a forward position, where he is completely useless. On top of that his ball control was very off and cost him a yellow. Bad game.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Bad game... I'm all about giving him time, but he should be at least showing progress at the same time...

Seriously, what is Lucho trying to do relying on him in this kind of matches?

Dado

He should of played in Munir´s postition.
Play Arda as a winger/striker do not play him like a MF.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's getting plenty of abuse here because of the fee and his age, but I think the bigger problem is why LE wanted him, for a role he's not suited for. He's having a hard time adapting, and he might not do it. His dream is kind of a nightmare so far. Rafinha also was poor, midfield is non existent.

Wrong. He gets "abuse" because he plays like shit. And when I say like shit I mean exactly that. Positional awareness and tactical discipline are nuclear science for him.

utility73

Yeah the problem with him is that in contrast to the rest of the team he has been rather consistently bad without any indication of progress lately.

Home of Barca Fans