Arda Turan

Cirre

Banned
Maybe if you weren't only here for Arda you'd know that you're the only group of fanboys I call out for it. So many of you joining at about the same time and spend the vast majority of your small time here slinging insults at anyone who talks bad about your idol...

If it weren't true it really wouldn't hurt you as much as it seems to.

I hate on him because his performances are poor. Consistently. In fact, I could go as far as to say he's been poor every single time he's played. Saying we don't like him because he's from Turkey would just be a joke.

So?

Only kids seem to think calling someone a kid is an insult...

Are you kidding me? It's you who is throwing insults left and right. I've been following this forum long before you joined... Unless you've changed your name in past 5 years. I just finally decided to join because people like you.

I like Arda and a lot, but that doesn't make me a fan boy. i also like Messi, Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar, Bravo, but that doesn't make a fan boy.

I've said Arda has played okay, because he haven't caused us a game till now, and he's done some flashy stuff from time to time. Being okay and superb is two different things, and I've already stated that the system is not working for him.

I've never claimed that he's our best player, never said that he should be starter in every game.

So shovel your accusations into your guts.

Stop acting like you know what's buried in people's heart!

Not insulted you by calling you a kid, just stating the fact how you behave... Like kid, no knowledge how to argue without accusing the opposite side of something.

The problem is that if was even showing glimpses of his WC ability, it would be looked upon as much better. Right now, he's done fuck all. For all that hype about him bringing a beast in him to the club has been missing. All we've seen is some unlucky yellows and really stupid yellows.

And, it isn't that hard to be the captain of the Turkish NT atm, it's not like it's the best nation in football or whatever. Also, not everyone in Atletico are individually world class imo, it's that when they play together, that they are so much better. The sum is always greater than it's parts. And being bought by Barcelona doesn't mean that you're world-class, we've signed effing Chygrynskiy, among others. I'm not saying that he isn't world-class, but the reasons why you say he is, isn't why he was world-class.

I'm not going to judge him entirely as a player, just based on what's here. I'd give him time, and let him properly settle in. But make no doubt, right now, he's played well below average (or average at best) for a while. But if a club comes knocking with a offer that was greater than his cost was, I'd be more than willing to sell him.

I agree with you in that we haven't seen the beast he can be, and we haven't seen his wc playing.

Yes barca is known of buying players who aren't world class.
But first of all Turkish national team is not the best there, but it is a great football County, so being it's leader means something.
When Arda was playing to AM he really was world class, even if their not all of them world's greatest players. And for what i see, barca bought him because of that.

But your right, team play is the key for success. I'll just add that team contains individuals who makes the team what they are.

Galning

Apparently i'm not allowed to reply to your post , just an Arda fanboy still LMFAO.

Insults are not allowed, no. Keep that in mind for the future.

Also, scapegoat? I don't see people blaming Arda far us losing games or playing poorly. They are just pointing out that so far that his performances have been underwhelming to say the least. Some have the definition of scapegoat all wrong.

JackaL

The inflationary use of worldclass pisses me off. In my book, Arda was never worldclass and will never be worldclass. He is a very good footballer and I love how he managed to advance his game after Galatasaray. That still doesn't make him worldclass. Arda can be useful, maybe not this season. As we said, even Neymar and Suarez needed to adapt, and these guys are on the top list of what is considered worldclass. Rakitic, a comparable player to Arda but with much more tactical ability and understanding of the game, needed to adapt as well. I always said his performance last year was very surprising because I never thought he would be that good.

Besides, Turkey is not a great football country, rather a mediocre football country with a collective inferiority complex. The atmosphere in the games might be great, doesn't make the country a great football country! They never manage to consistently take part in the WCs and Euros, still they belittle football from smaller countries like Switzerland, Croatia etc.! Their players are overpaid because of their Superleague bubble! Same players would never get as much money in Europe, never mind play for the biggest clubs in the big 5 leagues. That's one of the reasons why Turkish players rarely play for foreign clubs, because they get paid a shitload of money for below average performances!

Alik

People keep saying that they are not scape-goating Arda. But then, why is this thread so active in comparison with the others?

Galning

Because there are a lot of people disappointed with his performances so far for Barça, while on the other hand there's a lot of new members who are Arda supporters. Still don't see how any of this is "scapegoating". Scapegoating means "a person or group made to bear the blame for others". Can you show me where people have been blaming Arda Turan for the shortcomings of Barça as a team or those of another player?

Being negative about Turan, complaing, whatever =/= scapegoating.

Alik

Because there are a lot of people disappointed with his performances so far for Barça, while on the other hand there's a lot of new members who are Arda supporters. Still don't see how any of this is "scapegoating". Scapegoating means "a person or group made to bear the blame for others". Can you show me where people have been blaming Arda Turan for the shortcomings of Barça as a team or those of another player?

Being negative about Turan, complaing, whatever =/= scapegoating.

What I mean is that this thread has become so active, and that includes after matches where Arda played for less that 15 minutes. It really makes little sense to come after every match like that to pop in here to express disappointment, in matches where most of the team played poorly, at a player who played for so little time.

One doesn't need to directly say "we lost because of Turan". But if people repeatedly only comment on his thread and ignore all the others, that's what it looks like. Perhaps targeting is the more appropriate word.

Yes, Arda has been disappointing. That's already been established. Why is it that this player thread is always at the top of the new posts lists?

(Edit: Okay, going back over the past pages, I realize a lot of it is the same people arguing about something that's mostly established already.)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
What I mean is that this thread has become so active, and that includes after matches where Arda played for less that 15 minutes. It really makes little sense to come after every match like that to pop in here to express disappointment, in matches where most of the team played poorly, at a player who played for so little time.

One doesn't need to directly say "we lost because of Turan". But if people repeatedly only comment on his thread and ignore all the others, that's what it looks like. Perhaps targeting is the more appropriate word.

Yes, Arda has been disappointing. That's already been established. Why is it that this player thread is always at the top of the new posts lists?

(Edit: Okay, going back over the past pages, I realize a lot of it is the same people arguing about something that's mostly established already.)

Because the Arda Brigade won't accept any criticism, and argument as powerfull as "if you don't like arda you don't like Barça, simple as that" were written, which called for answer, then accusation of scapegoating, which also called for answers, and so on and so on..

It has nothing to do with Barça's results, people come to comment on our new signing's performances everytime he's lined up, that's to be expected.

Same would happen for Aleix if he was playing at all..

Keki

Because the Arda Brigade won't accept any criticism, and argument as powerfull as "if you don't like arda you don't like Barça, simple as that" were written, which called for answer, then accusation of scapegoating, which also called for answers, and so on and so on..

It has nothing to do with Barça's results, people come to comment on our new signing's performances everytime he's lined up, that's to be expected.

Same would happen for Aleix if he was playing at all..

This Arda Brigade you speak of , have you seen any post emphasizing "he had out standing game" or anyone claiming he had a "superb game" , we can all see he is adjusting to our way play , Arda's thread has become a total play ground ,some criticizing Arda other's Turkish national team what's next , if whole team was in tune and Arda cost us game or 2 then i can understand , but when almost whole team not performing than that's scapegoating.

Vlom

This Arda Brigade you speak of , have you seen any post emphasizing "he had out standing game" or anyone claiming he had a "superb game" , we can all see he is adjusting to our way play , Arda's thread has become a total play ground ,some criticizing Arda other's Turkish national team what's next , if whole team was in tune and Arda cost us game or 2 then i can understand , but when almost whole team not performing than that's scapegoating.

He could be tibetan i wouldn't say a thing different, the turkish arguments make no sense to me, though I see most of the pro-Arda are from there, that's like if our only brazilian was douglas and you had 10 newly subscribed brazilian member trashing anyone saying anything.. that's how it looks to me, and I'm not saying Arda is as bad as Douglas (Lord forgive me ^^).

Anyway, I'll just say it again, the day Arda has a good (hopefully run of) game(s) for us I'll be the first to congratulate him and be happy for what that'd mean for Barça, untill then, I'll call him up when he's in his invisible-liability suit.

vlad

"arda brigade" :lol: , arda was shit every time he was playing, but still he got 5 yellows and now is suspended for another match in la liga

Keki

He could be tibetan i wouldn't say a thing different, the turkish arguments make no sense to me, though I see most of the pro-Arda are from there, that's like if our only brazilian was douglas and you had 10 newly subscribed brazilian member trashing anyone saying anything.. that's how it looks to me, and I'm not saying Arda is as bad as Douglas (Lord forgive me ^^).

Anyway, I'll just say it again, the day Arda has a good (hopefully run of) game(s) for us I'll be the first to congratulate him and be happy for what that'd mean for Barça, untill then, I'll call him up when he's in his invisible-liability suit.

My opinion it's win win with Arda for us in UK Talk sport ( Radio) already talking about Arda coming to one of EPL team's this summer (hope not to the team i hate most) but i recon we give him a year see how it goes, to be honest Arda we watching it's not Arda , it's like his doing his up-most not to get injured i don't know if it's anything to do with EUROS not sure.

Vlom

My opinion it's win win with Arda for us in UK Talk sport ( Radio) already talking about Arda coming to one of EPL team's this summer (hope not to the team i hate most) but i recon we give him a year see how it goes, to be honest Arda we watching it's not Arda , it's like his doing his up-most not to get injured i don't know if it's anything to do with EUROS not sure.

Don't know if Lucho would let him go this summer, I don't think that's a probable income.

We can't even let go of Adriano ffs :lol:

Arda will definitely have at least another season with us.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What was he supposed to do when he came on?

Sure, he is not playing well, but with those team mates there isn't much to do anyway...

Home of Barca Fans