Arda Turan

JackaL

People like to blame individual players. What they do not consider is that by lining up Iniesta and Arda at the same time, you almost loose the entire midfield because you have two attacking players plus MSN, none of them is a serious defender. Rakitic can play this hybrid role much better, that's why we look sharper when Rakitic plays. It was not the case yesterday, but this is how things usually are. So instead of trying Arda for Rakitic, we should try Arda for Iniesta to give Iniesta a break. Then again, both Rakitic and Arda can't really make an entire 90min. That said, I would have even tried Arda for Neymar, just to give Neymar a break once. We would not have the same width as with MSN, but at least Neymar would have been sharp for the bigger games.

Jefecito

People like to blame individual players. What they do not consider is that by lining up Iniesta and Arda at the same time, you almost loose the entire midfield because you have two attacking players plus MSN, none of them is a serious defender. Rakitic can play this hybrid role much better, that's why we look sharper when Rakitic plays. It was not the case yesterday, but this is how things usually are. So instead of trying Arda for Rakitic, we should try Arda for Iniesta to give Iniesta a break. Then again, both Rakitic and Arda can't really make an entire 90min. That said, I would have even tried Arda for Neymar, just to give Neymar a break once. We would not have the same width as with MSN, but at least Neymar would have been sharp for the bigger games.

Arda to give Iniesta a break ? that's exactly what Lucho did against La Real (and in other games), but he can't create and can't defend without getting stupid yellow cards in first halves.

gasgas

He's not a CM, he's a winger/cam when will we learn?
Im afraid we never will and thus make same mistakes with rafinha, suarez halilovic.

They are not CMs

JackaL

Arda to give Iniesta a break ? that's exactly what Lucho did against La Real (and in other games), but he can't create and can't defend without getting stupid yellow cards in first halves.

Seriously, against our horror opponent where we haven't won for years? Arda was ready to play already in February, so we could have tried him then. I am not blaming Lucho or anybody else here. Things were looking perfect until the Clasico and maybe Lucho didn't have the best options (transfer ban etc.). I am just thinking about ways to include Arda in a better way, although that is super difficult.

Jefecito

Im afraid we never will and thus make same mistakes with rafinha, suarez halilovic.

They are not CMs

Arda a winger ? a CAM ? He was playing in the position Koke was playing yesterday against us. Is that winger or CAM ?

In our system, the CAM or most advanced CM is Iniesta, and even in that position he can't create anything. He can't even replace Rakitic because he doesn't have the tactical awareness and is definitely not able to defend on that right wing left empty by Messi not defending and Alves constantly "attacking".

Not even talking about the Arda - Winger thing, a winger who can't dribble, can't make a key pass, can't score (look at his stats for ATM), can't track back isn't a winger.

Lucho made a mistake, it happens, now it's time to move on and try someone else.

edit: Atleti plays with no wingers, Simeone's system is a 4-4-2 95% of the time. The RM/LM were Arda, Raul Garcia or Koke, they aren't wingers.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

They are not CMs

Exactly he played as a winger in Atletico and now he is has duties he isn't familiar with - control the midfield, cover for fullbacks etc. Yesterday he basically played as winger and he looked better.

gasgas

Arda a winger ? a CAM ? He was playing in the position Koke was playing yesterday against us. Is that winger or CAM ?

In our system, the CAM or most advanced CM is Iniesta, and even in that position he can't create anything. He can't even replace Rakitic because he doesn't have the tactical awareness and is definitely not able to defend on that right wing left empty by Messi not defending and Alves constantly "attacking".

Not even talking about the Arda - Winger thing, a winger who can't dribble, can't make a key pass, can't score (look at his stats for ATM), can't track back isn't a winger.

Lucho made a mistake, it happens, now it's time to move on and try someone else.

edit: Atleti plays with no wingers, Simeone's system is a 4-4-2 95% of the time. The RM/LM were Arda, Raul Garcia or Koke, they aren't wingers.
I recommend you watch a few arda highlights while at atletico.
For it is quite clear you didnt keenly watch him when he was at atletico or may be you are talking of a different player :D

Jefecito

I recommend you watch a few arda highlights while at atletico.
For it is quite clear you didnt keenly watch him when he was at atletico or may be you are talking of a different player :D

I don't need to watch highlights I've been watching their games.
But maybe you can show us some evidence of him playing as a winger in a 433 or as a CAM (4231 in the only popular system fielding a pure CAM nowadays)

gasgas

I don't need to watch highlights I've been watching their games.
But maybe you can show us some evidence of him playing as a winger in a 433 or as a CAM (4231 in the only popular system fielding a pure CAM nowadays)
So to you a winger has to be a forward only
And what role does he play for turkey?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Doesn't really matter how it's called bottom line is - he played in different tactical scheme where he had to defend most of the time and make forward runs with lots of space and now when he is in opposite situation where he has to create something with little space, he is in trouble.

Jefecito

So to you a winger has to be a forward only
And what role does he play for turkey?

Irrelevant. Griezmann plays as a RW for his NT do you call him a winger as well ?

A winger and a LM/RM in Simeone's system are completely different.
What's the next step ? Asking for signing Koke and play him at Neymar's position ?

Jefecito

Doesn't really matter how it's called bottom line is - he played in different tactical scheme where he had to defend most of the time and make forward runs with lots of space and now when he is in opposite situation where he has to create something with little space, he is in trouble.

Exactly what I said in my first post here. The biggest mistake was signing a player from a team that plays the opposite football Barça promotes. That was nonsense in the first place.

Home of Barca Fans