Arda Turan

gasgas

Irrelevant. Griezmann plays as a RW for his NT do you call him a winger as well ?

A winger and a LM/RM in Simeone's system are completely different.
What's the next step ? Asking for signing Koke and play him at Neymar's position ?
We obviously have a differing idea of what a 'winger' is?
You think a winger has to be a Wing forward.
I think wingers are wide midfielders and wide forwards.
Which brings me back o what I said.
Arda is not a CM. He was a wide midfielder (winger for me)
Also CAM for turkey and atletico in some matches

Jefecito

We obviously have a differing idea of what a 'winger' is?
You think a winger has to be a Wing forward.
I think wingers are wide midfielders and wide forwards.
Which brings me back o what I said.
Arda is not a CM. He was a wide midfielder (winger for me)
Also CAM for turkey and atletico in some matches

Okay.

What's a CAM position in Barça's system ?

Who's the last Barça successful winger who had Arda's goalscoring/assists stats and Arda's pace ?

gasgas

Okay.

What's a CAM position in Barça's system ?

Who's the last Barça successful winger who had Arda's goalscoring/assists stats and Arda's pace ?

The point I was making is that we are playing him at CM while he is not.
He is a winger/wide midfielder or a CAm
And we dont play those positions
Hence we bought the wrong player and even then we still try to fit him in a role that doesnt belong to hi

Jefecito

The point I was making is that we are playing him at CM while he is not.
He is a winger/wide midfielder or a CAm
And we dont play those positions
Hence we bought the wrong player and even then we still try to fit him in a role that doesnt belong to hi

So we do agree that Barça made a mistake signing him. He might be or have been a great player for ATM or his NT but he will never fit in Barça's system.

gasgas

So we do agree that Barça made a mistake signing him. He might be or have been a great player for ATM or his NT but he will never fit in Barça's system.

You went loco for nothing man ;)
That was what I was saying all along.
We need a CM, we bring CAM, wingers to play there.
Same thing we will do for rafinha, halilovic, dennis etc

Cirre

Banned
Arda a winger ? a CAM ? He was playing in the position Koke was playing yesterday against us. Is that winger or CAM ?

In our system, the CAM or most advanced CM is Iniesta, and even in that position he can't create anything. He can't even replace Rakitic because he doesn't have the tactical awareness and is definitely not able to defend on that right wing left empty by Messi not defending and Alves constantly "attacking".

Not even talking about the Arda - Winger thing, a winger who can't dribble, can't make a key pass, can't score (look at his stats for ATM), can't track back isn't a winger.

Lucho made a mistake, it happens, now it's time to move on and try someone else.

edit: Atleti plays with no wingers, Simeone's system is a 4-4-2 95% of the time. The RM/LM were Arda, Raul Garcia or Koke, they aren't wingers.

Just clarifying, are you claiming that Arda in generally don't know how to dribble and pass?

Cirre

Banned
This team should practice 4-4-2 as an plan b, but of course we can't because that means we have to bench one of MSN, and even if their playing bad, it's almost a crime to sub them (being sarcastic).

Jefecito

Just clarifying, are you claiming that Arda in generally don't know how to dribble and pass?

I'm claiming that the Barça version of Arda Turan can't dribble and can't make a key pass. He has shown his ability to make a 5 yard pass to his CDM, that's all he has shown actually.

God Serena

You went loco for nothing man ;)
That was what I was saying all along.
We need a CM, we bring CAM, wingers to play there.
Same thing we will do for rafinha, halilovic, dennis etc

Denis can play CM. He was great in our 3 man midfield before we loaned him. He'll probably be a sub for Iniesta so his attacking qualities can come out but I think he'd fit right in.

JackaL

This team should practice 4-4-2 as an plan b, but of course we can't because that means we have to bench one of MSN, and even if their playing bad, it's almost a crime to sub them (being sarcastic).

I love the plan b mongers! THERE IS NO FUCKING PLAN B. PERIOD! Seriously, there is no fucking plan b, how many times should we say it? Nobody has a real plan b. Look at AM, they know how to play against big teams but they rather struggle against PSV because their plan a is to stop big teams with their immense pressing and defense. Why should Barca create a plan b for a rather mediocre player such as Arda? I would change my plan a for Messi (Pep did, Lucho did). I would change it for Ronaldo, for Neymar, for Suarez if I had just one of them in my team. I would never change it for Arda ffs! Barca does not need a plan b. There is a main philosophy that you have and you build your tactics around it. Tactical changes are not plan b's they are part of your integral plan a, part of your strategy. They add to the whole! No team in this world can change quickly to a plan b and be successful just in one game, unless you play like Chelsea did, which is by the way stop all playing and just kick the ball out of the danger zone. These guys have been playing an attacking passing game for their entire life, it was even hard to teach them to go more directly to the goal with MSN up front and people still having fantasies about plan bs!

Now I am really thinking Arda and some media gurus in Turkey must have sent their trolls to this forum, call me crazy!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Okey so your first participation in here was to trash Messi to defend Arda.

Second is for Barça to change a formation we've been using for a long time and brought us the biggest success to make Arda happy.

Please take Arda with you, and close the door behind you.

Bye Bye.

Cirre

Banned
I love the plan b mongers! THERE IS NO FUCKING PLAN B. PERIOD! Seriously, there is no fucking plan b, how many times should we say it? Nobody has a real plan b. Look at AM, they know how to play against big teams but they rather struggle against PSV because their plan a is to stop big teams with their immense pressing and defense. Why should Barca create a plan b for a rather mediocre player such as Arda? I would change my plan a for Messi (Pep did, Lucho did). I would change it for Ronaldo, for Neymar, for Suarez if I had just one of them in my team. I would never change it for Arda ffs! Barca does not need a plan b. There is a main philosophy that you have and you build your tactics around it. Tactical changes are not plan b's they are part of your integral plan a, part of your strategy. They add to the whole! No team in this world can change quickly to a plan b and be successful just in one game, unless you play like Chelsea did, which is by the way stop all playing and just kick the ball out of the danger zone. These guys have been playing an attacking passing game for their entire life, it was even hard to teach them to go more directly to the goal with MSN up front and people still having fantasies about plan bs!

Now I am really thinking Arda and some media gurus in Turkey must have sent their trolls to this forum, call me crazy!

You're crazy! Why on earth people love to guess and accuse people without any reason?! I'm not Turkish, so good try. And my plan b opinion is not because of Arda.

Yes your right, barca doesn't have plan b, and that's the reason why we suffer and smart coaches use this against us.
But it doesn't matter how many times you want to say it, this is not revelation dude, don't make it sound like what your saying is truth, and everything else is false.

Discussion about plan b have been on for many years, Arda being here isn't the reason for the plan b requests.

team should utilize it's players and adapt for different situation. These different approaches for games should be practiced, not invent them in the middle of the games or even in the middle of the season.

IMO barca need plan b plain and simple. If your game is stuck and you still want to force it to work to your advantage without changing anything, then you end up losing like barca did yesterday.

Cirre

Banned

Second is for Barça to change a formation we've been using for a long time and brought us the biggest success to make Arda happy.

Bye Bye.

you can understand my participation as you like, your funny. I've already in other threads said messi is one of my favorite players, so good try there. If you don't know what means having plan b, then I can't help u. I'll just advice to just keep your far fetched interpretation for yourself, but if you didn't understand ask for clarifications.

Last edited:

Narto

Bye Bye.

Where did he say he wanted it for Arda? The bench is garbage currently confirmed by the fact that there are only 3 players worth subbing on and all of them are playing rather mediocrely. Absolutely nothing is done when the front three are playing like shit. On top of that Lucho's tactical decisions have been shit in the last couple of matches. So yeah, maybe a plan B is neccesary, nothing to do with Arda at all.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
At least he tried to. Whereas others did nothing and preferred to have a stroll out there. He and Sergi did more in 20 minutes than Mr 5 ballon d'or winner in the whole game.

Got you confused with this one.

Can you blame me though ? You all have 10 posts, registered yesterday, and fiercly criticizing Messi, our system, Lucho etc .. and refusing any criticism of Arda.

You're all one and the same ... the Arda Brigade ! :)

Don't mind me though.. keep on.

Home of Barca Fans