Arda Turan

khaled_a_d

Turan thrived under a system that was the antithesis of Barcelona's possession style. Not sure why so many of you are surprised now that he can't imitate his work with Barcelona. Turan can be more suitable for teams like Liverpool who play counter pressing footabll. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Is it just about fit? I mean his lack of effort is the biggest problem for him right now and it isn't a system problem.

George_Costanza

Is it just about fit? I mean his lack of effort is the biggest problem for him right now and it isn't a system problem.

Again why people here are surprised that he is been lazy? He moved to Barcelona because he didn't want to continue running all the times under Simeone. Read this Marca article posted few weeks before the surprise transfer to Barcelona. Marca wrote this article while Turan was linked to Chelsea rumors.

http://www.marca.com/2015/06/26/futbol/equipos/atletico/1435328811.html

If we can't sell him, may we can swap him with another player like Mata who isn't happy at Manchester and most likely will be sold.

God Serena

Again why people here are surprised that he is been lazy? He moved to Barcelona because he didn't want to continue running all the times under Simeone. Read this Marca article posted few weeks before the surprise transfer to Barcelona. Marca wrote this article while Turan was linked to Chelsea rumors.

If we can't sell him, may we can swap him with another player like Mata who isn't happy at Manchester and most likely will be sold.

Mata isn't Barca quality and would flounder big time. We don't need Arda Turan not just because he doesn't fit and he doesn't give any effort, but because we have an already stacked midfield even without him.

BusiTheKing

In my eyes, he looked way too agressive when he first started playing.
Mata? Come on. He would add nothing. Go for Isco instead.

George_Costanza

Mata isn't Barca quality and would flounder big time. We don't need Arda Turan not just because he doesn't fit and he doesn't give any effort, but because we have an already stacked midfield even without him.

In my eyes, he looked way too agressive when he first started playing.
Mata? Come on. He would add nothing. Go for Isco instead.

Not that I'm fan of Mata or anything but he would do better than Turan. United would be an attractive destination for Turan with suitable defensive style and can pay Turan's high salary. It's more realistic than to sugest to sell him to China (he wouldn't go) or an impossible swap with Isco....Isco wtf?

R

reaper

I doubt anyone will spend any serious money on Arda now. It will most likely be a loan with option to buy.

FC B

I reckon not even constant jeering can't make him leave in this transfer window. I'm beginning to make peace with his staying even though that's not easy especially while Barca should use the money for him to buy a proper RB and also a reserve attacker.

R

reaper

From your link:

Arda Turan has clashed with Barcelona fans.
Sport reports the confrontation occurred after training at the Ciutat Esportiva complex.
Fans jeered Turan as he left this morning, after he chose to ignore autograph hunters.
Barca supporters turned on Turan, with one thumping his car before he drove away.
Meanwhile, teammates Andres Iniesta, Munir and Samuel Umtiti stuck around to sign autographs and have photos taken.

Seems the beginning of the end, come on catalans!

Home of Barca Fans