Arda Turan

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You're going way too deep with your thought on it.

The guy gives no effort, is a bad fit, and isn't needed on the squad, and he costed 40m. His price tag matters. If we hadn't have wasted that money on him we could have improved the squad in other areas. Not his fault, but he at the very least could try giving an effort on the pitch. It doesn't help that his performances are so bad that even getting half of what we paid for him is going to be basically impossible.

Ok, got it! :cheers:

opjeoff

hes such a jerk and clearly doesnt care, thats why he signed for us during a transfer ban and had to wait 6 months to play. i think it sucks people wanna sell him after 6 months, shows how patient some people are... im just glad the management is thinking clearly and want to keep him, which is the most important thing.

God Serena

hes such a jerk and clearly doesnt care, thats why he signed for us during a transfer ban and had to wait 6 months to play. i think it sucks people wanna sell him after 6 months, shows how patient some people are... im just glad the management is thinking clearly and want to keep him, which is the most important thing.

He didn't wait 6 months to play. He waited 4 months. He was free to play for longer than he has was banned. He's been able to play for 8 months now and has been part of the club for over a year and still has no chemistry with the team and doesn't give any effort.

For some reason anyone who defends Arda seems flatly incapable of even addressing the fact that Arda doesn't give any amount of effort when he plays.

opjeoff

He didn't wait 6 months to play. He waited 4 months. He was free to play for longer than he has was banned. He's been able to play for 8 months now and has been part of the club for over a year and still has no chemistry with the team and doesn't give any effort.

For some reason anyone who defends Arda seems flatly incapable of even addressing the fact that Arda doesn't give any amount of effort when he plays.

This showing no effort statement is used to criticize even Messi a number of times in the past. My point is calling for a player to be sold after not even a full season is clearly an overreaction and if clubs thought the way some people are in this forum do, we would never develop players or see players who are experiencing bad form recapture thier form. An example is Roberto, when he was performing badly, everyone wanted him out and now hes being considered a starter here. Seems we haven't learned from that though. Everyone is finding excuses to see him gone, which is what they probably did with Roberto.

God Serena

This showing no effort statement is used to criticize even Messi a number of times in the past. My point is calling for a player to be sold after not even a full season is clearly an overreaction and if clubs thought the way some people are in this forum do, we would never develop players or see players who are experiencing bad form recapture thier form. An example is Roberto, when he was performing badly, everyone wanted him out and now hes being considered a starter here. Seems we haven't learned from that though. Everyone is finding excuses to see him gone, which is what they probably did with Roberto.

Arda and Roberto are nothing alike. One was a B team promote at 21 years old while the other is a 29/30 year old who will only get worse.

opjeoff

Arda and Roberto are nothing alike. One was a B team promote at 21 years old while the other is a 29/30 year old who will only get worse.

What has Roberto being from the B team got to do with anything? People still doubted him anyway , calling for him to be sold even when he was a 'B team promote at 21 years old', this just further proves my point that this is all an overreaction and just like Roberto, Arda can turn his form around. He is the age as Messi , Suarez and Pique players who are getting better despite thier old. Either way he wont be sold, no matter how much we argue.

God Serena

What has Roberto being from the B team got to do with anything? People still doubted him anyway , calling for him to be sold even when he was a 'B team promote at 21 years old', this just further proves my point that this is all an overreaction and just like Roberto, Arda can turn his form around. He is the age as Messi , Suarez and Pique players who are getting better despite thier old. Either way he wont be sold, no matter how much we argue.

I don't remember a single person calling for Roberto to be sold, certainly not at the level Arda is being called for, anyways. He wasn't anyone's favorite player or anything and a lot of people expressed dissatisfaction when he played, but he costed us very little in wages and rarely got a game in anyways, so there wasn't much hate put onto him. His sudden explosion into an important squad player makes his situation beforehand look much worse than it actually was, imo. If anyone wanted him to be sold, it was him. Both Tata Martino and Luis Enrique convinced him to stay.

And once again, you ignore the most serious issue with Arda, which is not his form.

Barcilliant

I have defended Arda before but it looks like he's not motivated anymore and just wants to be a squad player who sits on the bench and collects his money.

Massive disappointment for the fans. I really thought he could bring something positive but his on and off field behavior has been poor. No professionalism whatsoever.

Would be a damn good thing if we cancelled his contract and he fucked off somewhere else.

CuleLife4Life

I liked Arda's enthusiasm for being with us but its clear thats all his efforts towards Barca go.

I simply don't understand how he lasted that long in a Simeone system though.

opjeoff

I don't remember a single person calling for Roberto to be sold, certainly not at the level Arda is being called for, anyways. He wasn't anyone's favorite player or anything and a lot of people expressed dissatisfaction when he played, but he costed us very little in wages and rarely got a game in anyways, so there wasn't much hate put onto him. His sudden explosion into an important squad player makes his situation beforehand look much worse than it actually was, imo. If anyone wanted him to be sold, it was him. Both Tata Martino and Luis Enrique convinced him to stay.

And once again, you ignore the most serious issue with Arda, which is not his form.

I've never been able to shake my perception of him as a system player, nothing more...They should sell him because he has quality, just not good enough for Barcelona's first team
It still baffles me that the club extended his contract.

This guy is worse than tom cleverly.

He's useless anyway. I can't believe that they signed new contract with him for 5 years. He should be already in some Getafe, Elche or other weak team.

Granted , there were many who believed in him, but after one bad performance they all turned into what you see above. Also I am not ignoring Arda's 'lack of effort' as I feel that had to do with the fact that he didn't play for '4 months' and clearly wasn't match fit wherever he did play. In addition, Atletico's system is hugely different to ours. People saw how much he ran in Atletico's system and compared it to how less he runs here and they assume he doesn't care anymore. I may be wrong, but we will never find out if we don't give him another chance, give him a full season to prove himself. If he can get a game with our current midfield then he clearly shows something in training which leads Lucho to believe he cares.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
There were a ton of people who wanted Roberto gone. They thought he was going to be the next JDS. I was guilty of this too. I'm happy that he's proving me wrong though.

opjeoff

There were a ton of people who wanted Roberto gone. They thought he was going to be the next JDS. I was guilty of this too. I'm happy that he's proving me wrong though.

I'm not blaming anyone, heck I wanted him gone too. I am just saying same way how eventually Roberto's form changed to the player he is now, Arda can change too. We should learn to give players a chance, which we didnt wanna give Roberto. At least give a player a full season to prove himself, if he doesn't then you could say 'you gave him time' and hes just shit. People calling him to be gone after half a season if wrong is all.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
For the record, I agree with you. We can only get peanuts for Arda now anyway. Might as well keep him and see if he wants to step up his game. If not, we'll still get peanuts for him next summer.

George_Costanza

I'm not blaming anyone, heck I wanted him gone too. I am just saying same way how eventually Roberto's form changed to the player he is now, Arda can change too. We should learn to give players a chance, which we didnt wanna give Roberto. At least give a player a full season to prove himself, if he doesn't then you could say 'you gave him time' and hes just shit. People calling him to be gone after half a season if wrong is all.

You can't compare S.Roberto who is a La Masia graduate and cost us nothing with Turan who was already an established player at ATM and cost us 34m+ variables. He suppose to be an impact player and show his worth immediately. And with his age I understand why most of us don’t have that kind of tolerance. It’s not like he moved from another league or continenant beside S. Roberto always gave his all even when he didn’t click but Arda’s lack of efforts is something we don't understand.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans