Arda Turan

Devils

...or he could become Lucho's pet like Cesc was with Pep/Tito.

Forcing Turan into a team in which he has no cohesion in and damaging team performances as a result.

Would really like to see this guy gone.

serghei

Oh my god. He refused to stop the car and give autographs... what a crime. Maybe his wife was sick and he rushed to the drugstore to take her an aspirine or smth. But nope. He's evil.

I swear at some point it seemed he tried to ran over one of the fans.

Sell!

F

Flavia

Douglas also didn't stop, and fans were chanting him to go to Cacereño, a club from segunda B. That really means nothing.

God Serena

Oh my god. He refused to stop the car and give autographs... what a crime. Maybe his wife was sick and he rushed to the drugstore to take her an aspirine or smth. But nope. He's evil.

I'm sure that was the problem, actually. His wife was sick but we know Arda, he's never one to slack off on his training, so he definitely told his wife to wait until training was finished to get her medicine instead of asking off. He said before pre-season that he's going to fight for a starting place, after all.

Nah all kidding aside, he was probably just being a jerk.

Douglas also didn't stop, and fans were chanting him to go to Cacereño, a club from segunda B. That really means nothing.

But aside from the clueless ESPN announcer Douglas is pretty universally understood to be trash and is hated by a large portion of the fanbase, while being considered a walking joke by the rest. His responsibilities as a Barca player are kind of different, as in... he doesn't have any, outside of attending training, I guess.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So then wtf are you trying to argue then?

That whatever "we" paid for him (or any other player, for that matter), doesn't have anything to do with his performances? You seem to have that clear in your response, but you also seem a little angry, so yeah, chill man...

God Serena

That whatever "we" paid for him (or any other player, for that matter), doesn't have anything to do with his performances? You seem to have that clear in your response, but you also seem a little angry, so yeah, chill man...

His price doesn't have anything to do with his performances, but it does have something to do with fan acceptance of said performances. Is that hard to understand? If Suarez costed us as much as he did and he pulled a Fernando Torres people would be much more upset than if he came on a free or if he costed as much as Denis Suarez.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Barça is not a club that have infinite cash available, so spending 40m on a player that doesn't correspond on the pitch will also bring even more criticism.

40 million was way too much, and him not fitting in seems more like a fact as time goes on, but all those decision were not his own... He should be criticized for underperforming, but not for business calls that were not up to him... I know it can be hard to separate, but it's not like he decided his market price and forced the club to shell out the cash...

Same goes for cases like Douglas, he is simply not good enough, yet it's not his fault the club owed money to some sketchy brazilian businessman or something...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

I swear at some point it seemed he tried to ran over one of the fans.

Sell!

Yeah sell. Maybe he is just a dick. Fact is he is pure shit on the pitch. So yeah, sell.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
His price doesn't have anything to do with his performances, but it does have something to do with fan acceptance of said performances. Is that hard to understand? If Suarez costed us as much as he did and he pulled a Fernando Torres people would be much more upset than if he came on a free or if he costed as much as Denis Suarez.

Well, I guess I see it differently... I try to separate what the player brings by himself, than what surrounds him...

I mean, would you argue that Arda's pricetag was high for a team were he would be a perfect fit? Ideally, in such team he would have been able to perform and the team would get those 40 million back, right? Now, we were looking for a reserve player with certain abilities that don't match Arda's, so who's really at fault for the signing?

When you mention Luis Suárez, do you think the club could have signed him for a cheaper fee, or nearly to what Denis costed? He was going to cost a shit ton of money whether he performed or not, same as what happened with Ibra before him, and as we know, Zlatan didn't stop being a good player here, the guy was just a bad fit for the team... So I think it's a similar case for Arda, he had a hefty pricetag according to his status, and the club went for the wrong player, and I can't really fault him for that... How can you value expectations anyway, or how can you know the pricetag has been justified? Are 20 goals a season worth 40 million? 30 goals? No goals and 50 assists? Is just playing decently enough?

Some said Bale's contract was justified by a single goal in a Copa final, but then he scored in a CL final, so was that surplus or the naysayers were right before? Or what if Suárez had the impressive numbers he has today, but failed to win any trophies? It's just too subjective in my opinion, when the only real thing in all cases is that the club management took a gamble on a player, fully aware of the consequences, so they are the ones who should be held responsible...

On the other hand, the player realizes he doesn't fit and decides to just let his contract run without intentions of living up to his name, then that's a whole different story...

God Serena

Well, I guess I see it differently... I try to separate what the player brings by himself, than what surrounds him...

I mean, would you argue that Arda's pricetag was high for a team were he would be a perfect fit? Ideally, in such team he would have been able to perform and the team would get those 40 million back, right? Now, we were looking for a reserve player with certain abilities that don't match Arda's, so who's really at fault for the signing?

When you mention Luis Suárez, do you think the club could have signed him for a cheaper fee, or nearly to what Denis costed? He was going to cost a shit ton of money whether he performed or not, same as what happened with Ibra before him, and as we know, Zlatan didn't stop being a good player here, the guy was just a bad fit for the team... So I think it's a similar case for Arda, he had a hefty pricetag according to his status, and the club went for the wrong player, and I can't really fault him for that... How can you value expectations anyway, or how can you know the pricetag has been justified? Are 20 goals a season worth 40 million? 30 goals? No goals and 50 assists? Is just playing decently enough?

Some said Bale's contract was justified by a single goal in a Copa final, but then he scored in a CL final, so was that surplus or the naysayers were right before? Or what if Suárez had the impressive numbers he has today, but failed to win any trophies? It's just too subjective in my opinion, when the only real thing in all cases is that the club management took a gamble on a player, fully aware of the consequences, so they are the ones who should be held responsible...

On the other hand, the player realizes he doesn't fit and decides to just let his contract run without intentions of living up to his name, then that's a whole different story...

You're going way too deep with your thought on it.

The guy gives no effort, is a bad fit, and isn't needed on the squad, and he costed 40m. His price tag matters. If we hadn't have wasted that money on him we could have improved the squad in other areas. Not his fault, but he at the very least could try giving an effort on the pitch. It doesn't help that his performances are so bad that even getting half of what we paid for him is going to be basically impossible.

Home of Barca Fans