Arda Turan

God Serena

True, but I don't see people saying Arda is shit after this game. And you can't be serious thinking he passed because he isn't a competent scorer. He took the best decision there with an extremely difficult to pull off chested pass. Just give credit with as much intensity as you criticize.

He isn't a competent goalscorer, though. Not even at Atletico was he reliable in front of goal (In the past 5 seasons he has 24 goals). Give that same ball to any of MSN or Munir and that ball is going towards goal, every time. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that. I really don't see why that even needs to be argued, Iniesta isn't exactly a goalscorer, either.

He pulled off a great chested pass, I'm not denying that, but the fact that his assist is literally the only thing even those of you who are desperate to find a good performance in anything he does can find to talk about, is proof enough that for the majority of the game he was positively useless.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Good assist but I don't think he can be a decisive factor for us. Our midfield was struggling to cope with Sevilla's pressure and Iniesta got injured? Denis came on and gave us creativity going forward. We were struggling to overload them in the final third and give space for Messi to operate in? Munir came on, changed our shape for the better and scored the goal that sealed the game.

Both of those guys gave us a more decisive change as subs than Arda had given as a starter. They contributed by improving on the overall quality of our play and making our team better positioned to break Sevilla down with their performances as a whole. Arda didn't do any of this and often hindered our left side up until one really good moment with the chest assist.

God Serena

Good assist but I don't think he can be a decisive factor for us. Our midfield was struggling to cope with Sevilla's pressure and Iniesta got injured? Denis came on and gave us creativity going forward. We were struggling to overload them in the final third and give space for Messi to operate in? Munir came on, changed our shape for the better and scored the goal that sealed the game.

Both of those guys gave us a more decisive change as subs than Arda had given as a starter. They contributed by improving on the overall quality of our play and making our team better positioned to break Sevilla down with their performances as a whole. Arda didn't do any of this and often hindered our left side up until one really good moment with the chest assist.

Those question marks are really throwing me off. Like I'm reading and then BAM.

Total-Football

like [MENTION=12906]DonAndres[/MENTION] said there is no way he's going to be decisive for us or even an option in huge games .. his value in the market is non existent , no need to bemoan about that because it's all have been said and done .. i think our most rational option would be to use him upfront where he's more or less allowed to fuck up passes and possession ( he lost balls today but it wasn't noticeable because of his position ) .. i say use him upfront to rest MSN .. that way we don't even need a back up striker and he wont take away those precious minutes badly need from players like gomes denis rafinha ( or even samper ) .

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Every season I need somebody to hate on in Barca - I'm sad, I know. This season I have chosen Arda, he really gets on my nerves. He just looks so nonchalant when playing, almost cocky, when he hasn't achieved sh*t for us - maybe I'm wrong, but it looks to me like he has an attitude problem. Lol at some of you that want to put him on LW so he doesn't fu*k up our midfield - you want an 30 year old snail with attitude problems and almost 0 instinct for scoring goals to be our 5th choice forward, 40M player as our 5th choice behind Munir?

ini4ever

Ok he pulled off a nice assist but did he even create something more alongside that as he supposed to do when you're playing such role ? ( LW )
This guy is awful either as midfielder or winger at all.

This guy plays midfielder and then shows nothing, not any single risky passes nor setting up a counter-attaack. ( Actually he kills such chances , after every single ball he receives he tries to keep it to himself and then look around where his teammates actually are )
Plays winger and again shows nothing, not making any movement that'd pass 1-2 players behind or rush into opponent defense , nothing at all.

p.s : I don't care about the amount of money we spent on him anymore, let's just hope Lucho doesn't give him any time again because he's absolutely USELESS most of the time.

serghei

TURAN.jpg

This is a screenshot form the first half with Turan getting the ball out from a 3 vs 1 situation in a tight space marking, setting Busi up who plays the ball to Suarez. That was our only chance in the first half, and Arda played a part in it.

Lucho sees these things, even if most here don't.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We've been buying scrubs from Arsenal for the last 20 years or so, they could return the favour and buy Arda.

opjeoff

No, Denis did. If he had any nose for goal he could have scored it himself. He just touched it back to someone who is a competent scorer. The pass from Denis is the reason that was all possible.

I repeat: Arda Turan did not "Unlock" anything. You're making a great move look dull by overhyping it.

Are you for real? You're saying he should have scored? We've seen MSN do that exact same movement numerous times for each other. He did the right thing in that situation and you still criticise him for not scoring. You're Arda hate is clouding your judgement, you look for every opportunity to criticise him. If Arda wasn't in that position , made that run , had awareness to play that pass, we wouldn't have scored that goal. Simple. He was heavily involved , as was Denis and of course Suarez, in the goal that unlocked the match. Its getting ridiculous now.

opjeoff

Ok he pulled off a nice assist but did he even create something more alongside that as he supposed to do when you're playing such role ? ( LW )
This guy is awful either as midfielder or winger at all.

This guy plays midfielder and then shows nothing, not any single risky passes nor setting up a counter-attaack. ( Actually he kills such chances , after every single ball he receives he tries to keep it to himself and then look around where his teammates actually are )
Plays winger and again shows nothing, not making any movement that'd pass 1-2 players behind or rush into opponent defense , nothing at all.

p.s : I don't care about the amount of money we spent on him anymore, let's just hope Lucho doesn't give him any time again because he's absolutely USELESS most of the time.

Lucho plays him because he is the best available player for the match. Simple. However some people here dont want to believe that so you make up conspiracies regarding how Lucho favors Arda, or Lucho is blind when it comes to Arda.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
CB's pull them off every day back to their keepers across the planet. Don't think he did anything today that showed that he is Barcelona material.

Arda is our mutant, a mutant between Song and Hleb - if we could get some muted transfer cash from him asap that would be great.

God Serena

Are you for real? You're saying he should have scored? We've seen MSN do that exact same movement numerous times for each other. He did the right thing in that situation and you still criticise him for not scoring. You're Arda hate is clouding your judgement, you look for every opportunity to criticise him. If Arda wasn't in that position , made that run , had awareness to play that pass, we wouldn't have scored that goal. Simple. He was heavily involved , as was Denis and of course Suarez, in the goal that unlocked the match. Its getting ridiculous now.

What are you on about? Nowhere did I say he should have scored, try reading it again. The only thing ridiculous is your lack of reading comprehension. I'd like you to go back and fucking bold that shit, because it ain't there.

I said if he had a nose for goal (He doesn't) he'd have tried taking the shot. The point is that he himself isn't the one who unlocked the game. If that's Suarez in that position he takes the shot, and the credit for the play that serghei attributed to Arda would go to Denis. Arda's chest pass was nice, but let's not pretend that we are nothing without the almighty pecs of Arda Turan.

JamDav1982

What are you on about? Nowhere did I say he should have scored, try reading it again. The only thing ridiculous is your lack of reading comprehension. I'd like you to go back and fucking bold that shit, because it ain't there.

I said if he had a nose for goal (He doesn't) he'd have tried taking the shot. The point is that he himself isn't the one who unlocked the game. If that's Suarez in that position he takes the shot, and the credit for the play that serghei attributed to Arda would go to Denis. Arda's chest pass was nice, but let's not pretend that we are nothing without the almighty pecs of Arda Turan.

He did the correct thing in chesting it down to Suarez. Suarez had better chance of scoring as he was open then Arda did of chesting it down and finishing with a defender on him. Had any of MSN done it you would be gushing about the 'selflessness'

That chest and Suarez pass were one of the few moments of quality in the final third up until that point.

You are just trying boring strawman arguments as if people are trying to put the whole goal or result down to Arda as you cannot handle he had a good moment that helped Barca win the game.

Home of Barca Fans