Arda Turan

God Serena

He did the correct thing in chesting it down to Suarez. Suarez had better chance of scoring as he was open then Arda did of chesting it down and finishing with a defender on him. Had any of MSN done it you would be gushing about the 'selflessness'

That chest and Suarez pass were one of the few moments of quality in the final third up until that point.

You are just trying boring strawman arguments as if people are trying to put the whole goal or result down to Arda as you cannot handle he had a good moment that helped Barca win the game.

I've said it was a great pass several times. I've not once denied it was a good play. You people are getting all up in arms just because I said Arda's not a good goalscorer, but that's completely besides the point.

His chested pass doesn't eliminate the rest of his game and make it a great performance as suggested by serghei and his chested pass isn't what unlocked the game, it was the pass he received.

JamDav1982

I've said it was a great pass several times. I've not once denied it was a good play. You people are getting all up in arms just because I said Arda's not a good goalscorer, but that's completely besides the point.

His chested pass doesn't eliminate the rest of his game and make it a great performance as suggested by serghei and his chested pass isn't what unlocked the game, it was the pass he received.

Nah I never mentioned anything about Arda being a goalscorer. He isnt and did correct thing to allow the ball to be at feet of the goalscorer with an open shot at goal in a better position.

You are wrong that chest pass did help unlock game as did Suarez pass to him it all contributed and were two quality moments. Both players unlocked it and allowed Suarez to have that simple chance to score.

You are trying to force all the credit onto Suarez to downplay Ardas input.

God Serena

Nah I never mentioned anything about Arda being a goalscorer. He isnt and did correct thing to allow the ball to be at feet of the goalscorer with an open shot at goal in a better position.

You are wrong that chest pass did help unlock game as did Suarez pass to him it all contributed and were two quality moments. Both players unlocked it and allowed Suarez to have that simple chance to score.

You are trying to force all the credit onto Suarez to downplay Ardas input.

I can agree that both passes helped unlock it. I was going after serghei's comment that Arda himself unlocked it with his chest pass (serghei's comment makes no mention of Denis) and that means he had a good game.

Aside from his chest pass he did close to nothing for almost the entire game and comparing him to Munir when he came on isn't even fair almost, so seeing comments like that are somewhat frustrating.

serghei

I can agree that both passes helped unlock it. I was going after serghei's comment that Arda himself unlocked it with his chest pass (serghei's comment makes no mention of Denis) and that means he had a good game.

Aside from his chest pass he did close to nothing for almost the entire game and comparing him to Munir when he came on isn't even fair almost, so seeing comments like that are somewhat frustrating.

I didn't say it was only Arda who unlocked the game, I'm referring to him because people underplay his achievement, simple as that. And he did took part in the action that led to Suarez' chance in the first half, by overcomming a 1 vs 3 with some nice short touches in a tight space. Also took part in that 3-way combination with Messi and Suarez who could have been the 2-0 goal. So it's not actually just that chested pass, there are several moments where he passing was sharp in little spaces. Yea, he lost some balls, so did Messi, so did Busi, so did Suarez in that first half. Virtually every attacking player was having problems with Sevilla's intensity, and their defenders breathing down their neck.

Isn't even fair to compare him to Munir? Munir came in when the game was very open, Sevilla was looking to get even on the scorecard, and he scored on the counter with acres of space. The game looked very different after the 1-0 goal. The reality is both Arda and Munir ended up having a good game. The difference is Munir had more space, because the game was more open when he got in. Had he played in the first half he would've had the same problems as our other players.

And don't tell me I underapreciate Munir. I said I trusted him when other were laughing and wanted him sold, or said he's useless. Almost like an Arda.

Last edited:

opjeoff

What are you on about? Nowhere did I say he should have scored, try reading it again. The only thing ridiculous is your lack of reading comprehension. I'd like you to go back and fucking bold that shit, because it ain't there.

I said if he had a nose for goal (He doesn't) he'd have tried taking the shot. The point is that he himself isn't the one who unlocked the game. If that's Suarez in that position he takes the shot, and the credit for the play that serghei attributed to Arda would go to Denis. Arda's chest pass was nice, but let's not pretend that we are nothing without the almighty pecs of Arda Turan.

If he had any nose for goal he could have scored it himself.

Sorry if I misunderstood , but that to me seems like you are criticising him for not scoring. If you watch the goal again , he had his back turned to goal therefore playing it back to Suarez was the right solution. If you cant understand that he did nothing wrong in that situation and that he doesn't deserve the criticism you gave above then as I said you are blinded by your hate of Arda.

God Serena

Sorry if I misunderstood , but that to me seems like you are criticising him for not scoring. If you watch the goal again , he had his back turned to goal therefore playing it back to Suarez was the right solution. If you cant understand that he did nothing wrong in that situation and that he doesn't deserve the criticism you gave above then as I said you are blinded by your hate of Arda.

It's gotten to the point where you're just arguing with strawmen at this point. I already said I wasn't criticizing him for not scoring and explained in depth what I actually meant in a way so clear that even the always argumentative Jamdav stopped replying.

mark1nhu

I just rewatched Suarez goal.

Denis pass was awesome, but Arda was instrumental ASKING the ball, MOVING himself to receive it and then ASSISTING Suarez:

[gfy]HonestMeanArizonaalligatorlizard[/gfy]

Stric

The dude does everything supporters want him to in one play, and he still gets flack for doing so instead of trying to score. :lol: Amazing.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
If he did more of this we'd all be happier but he rarely contributes in game and it's gotten to a point that a game he doesn't make a stupid mistake is already a great performance by him. He's staying so I hope he'll finally come good.

Stric

And as I said, he gets flack for doing that exact thing, regardless of the rest of the game. I'm OK with him being criticized for underperforming during the rest of the game, that's legit. But criticizing him even for what he does well just shows that people are looking for reasons to take a big hot dump on him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He's just like Messi, walks around all game long and then solves the match in a single play, FACT!

But seriously, he'll start again today against Sevilla, half the forum will lose their mind and decide he had a bad match before the game even starts and the other half will say he was OK and just needs another year or two to adapt...

Home of Barca Fans