Arda Turan

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Fifa have prohibited the ESP federation to register Arda and have urged them to change the possibilty to replace injured players. [sport]

LEL

"Urged them to change the Rules"

Fifa is so full of shit it's Hilarious. It's like they know what we are doing is Legal and they're Begging Spain to change the rules.

Legal in Spain, but essentially nowhere else. So who is the odd one out? It's understandable that FIFA wants to get rid of said odd one out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Legal in Spain, but essentially nowhere else. So who is the odd one out? It's understandable that FIFA wants to get rid of said odd one out.

In England teams can loan a player in case of serious injuries. I'm sure there's something similar in Germany and Italy too.

F

Flavia

It's more strange they just decided to do it. Happened for years with no problem.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

In England teams can loan a player in case of serious injuries. I'm sure there's something similar in Germany and Italy too.

No, there is not, but even if it were... I'm sure would have been countless clubs willing to loan quality players to Bayern or BVB when they were hit by much more severe injury crises. ;)

DonAK

No, there is not, but even if it were... I'm sure would have been countless clubs willing to loan quality players to Bayern or BVB when they were hit by much more severe injury crises. ;)

For a good loan fee, why not?

Anyway, we've already signed legal binding contracts with Arda and Aleix. They're just not registered as Barca players yet.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
When English League had "emergency loan" system(when they could register players outside transfer window) Fifa gave 1.5 season for them to change the rule, it wasn't prohibited instantly.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It's more strange they just decided to do it. Happened for years with no problem.

Well, those teams however have not been under a transnational (so to say) FIFA ban from registering any players. Surely you can see how the FIFA would get more than just a sour taste in their mouth if Barca would use a national level exception to circumvent that ban.

DonAK

Well, those teams however have not been under a transnational (so to say) FIFA ban from registering any players. Surely you can see how the FIFA would get more than just a sour taste in their mouth if Barca would use a national level exception to circumvent that ban.

FIFA confirmed the ban was over 31st of August. They should have no issues whatsoever and it's not like anyone wanted Rafinha to get injured like that just so that we could register Arda.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

FIFA confirmed the ban was over 31st of August. They should have no issues whatsoever and it's not like anyone wanted Rafinha to get injured like that just so that we could register Arda.

Well, it ended on that date as all transfer windows/registering windows had closed at that time, if I'm not gravely mistaken.
So the next logical opportunity to them to see Barca register new players would have been the winter window.
Ofc one could argue that they could only fault themselves for such a narrow judical language when they stated the ban regulations. I think they don't like to be exposed as fools and rather hit back at the one trying to make a fool out of them (which they undoubtably are).

DonAK

Well, it ended on that date as all transfer windows/registering windows had closed at that time, if I'm not gravely mistaken.
So the next logical opportunity to them would have been the winter window.
Ofc one could argue that they could only fault themselves for such a narrow judical language when they stated the ban regulations. I think they don't like to be exposed as fools and rather hit back at the one trying to make a fool out of them (which they undoubtably are).

In that case we could appeal to the CAS and a decision in our favour would be even more embarrasing for them, especially since we could ask for a compensation for their dickheaded moves.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

In that case we could appeal to the CAS and a decision in our favour would be even more embarrasing for them, especially since we could ask for a compensation for their dickheaded moves.

Well, you could, I guess. We'll see how things turn it. ;)

Home of Barca Fans