Arda Turan

Alarcón

Legal in Spain, but essentially nowhere else. So who is the odd one out? It's understandable that FIFA wants to get rid of said odd one out.

Other leagues can introduce it as well if they want. Does every league have to be exactly the same? Let's also force the Bundesliga to take 2 additional teams since they are the "odd one out" with 18.

serghei

In that case we could appeal to the CAS and a decision in our favour would be even more embarrasing for them, especially since we could ask for a compensation for their dickheaded moves.

This is the part that is a bit confusing to me. At this minute in time, the rule (registering a player in case of season-ending injury) is in the RFEF statute and regulations and it is active, right? So, registering Arda would be legal, until the statute is updated and the rule abolished in a formal manner at the request of FIFA, from which point onwards it becomes illegal.

If the rule is active at this moment, we shouldn't really care or be worried if it would become unvalid somewhere in the future, since no legal amendments work reactively to penalize past actions.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Barcelona sources say club has at this moment not been informed about Fifa reportedly prohibiting ESP federation to register Arda. [rac1]

Spokesman of ESP federation denies the report that they have received an order of Fifa not to register Barcelona player Arda Turan. [md]

Sounds like Sport Jumped the gun.

Last edited:

Zebulun

This is the part that is a bit confusing to me. At this minute in time, the rule (registering a player in case of season-ending injury) is in the RFEF statute and regulations and it is active, right? So, registering Arda would be legal, until the statute is updated and the rule abolished in a formal manner at the request of FIFA, from which point onwards it becomes illegal.

If the rule is active at this moment, we shouldn't really care or be worried if it would become unvalid somewhere in the future, since no legal amendments work reactively to penalize past actions.

This is one situation where bartomeu can show if he has balls. prior to this he just sat back and allowed shit to happen to the team without defending our interests.

Barcafan 2304

Tbh I don't expect Fifa to say yes at all and they will want to pursue what they see as appropriate punishment. Just wish we could get some finality on it and then can plan appropriately

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Barcelona sources say club has at this moment not been informed about Fifa reportedly prohibiting ESP federation to register Arda. [rac1]

Spokesman of ESP federation denies the report that they have received an order of Fifa not to register Barcelona player Arda Turan. [md]

Sounds like Sport Jumped the gun.

Sport playing with our feelings like that:shakeshead:

Barcafan 2304

Who knows mate I'm not a legal eagle so certainly not I but this is ridiculous now and I wonder if they are purposefully dragging their feet over it

Cule4life

The Culest
Alarcón said:
[quote name="Ryu Hayabusa" post=1537814]Legal in Spain, but essentially nowhere else. So who is the odd one out? It's understandable that FIFA wants to get rid of said odd one out.

Other leagues can introduce it as well if they want. Does every league have to be exactly the same? Let's also force the Bundesliga to take 2 additional teams since they are the "odd one out" with 18.[/quote]

:lol: Good one

Home of Barca Fans