Arda Turan

raki

I would have given a video link to prove your words wrong, but the final paragraph of your post, just stripped your post of any form of credence and note worthiness.

You are wrong. Alba and Neymar are hotheaded players.

Horatio

You're welcome
I would have given a video link to prove your words wrong, but the final paragraph of your post, just stripped your post of any form of credence and note worthiness.

If you would be so kind could you still provide me with the link to the video you mentioned?

Catalan Fan

Turan ain't world class

I've watched him over the last few seasons and he's a bloody good player and he'll enhance our squad.I know he'll be 29 once he starts playing, but if we get 2/3 good yrs out of him, it could help the team to great success.

You said Lucho likes fighters, he does and it's stiffened up the team.We won't get rolled over by physical teams now, plus we have a half decent front three.

With him and Vidal we have two very good players who (over a season) might well make the difference.I'm quite optimistic of our chances to win several more trophies over the next couple of yrs personally.

raki

This will give the timespan for Hallilovic, Samper and Alena to step forward.
We were lucky this season almost with no injuries in crucial players. We need depth. And now we got it.

Zangash

Banned
I don't get it. At 29 years old he's hardly a player for the future. Nothing about him indicates he won't go into serious decline as he ages, either. I'm not really upset by his signing but I don't see the necessity.

Although apparently the board can sell him back to Atletico on July 20 if they want to.

Horatio

You're welcome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAYobzQamFM&feature=youtu.be

He seems so nice just after Busi scores the equalizer, doesn't he?

I am thankful for you showing me the video.
But in all honesty I am still reserving judgement. If that is to be considered an incident than the list of aggressive players all of a sudden gets very long.
The opposing team carrying the ball, after they have scored, leading to stalling of the game almost always evokes an agitated reaction from the the other team.

I we can handle a player that has bitten other players, we can handle Arda. :D

Last edited:

Devils

I don't get it. At 29 years old he's hardly a player for the future. Nothing about him indicates he won't go into serious decline as he ages, either. I'm not really upset by his signing but I don't see the necessity.

Although apparently the board can sell him back to Atletico on July 20 if they want to.

No sensible board would sell him back. It would immediately sever their relationship with Lucho.

We need to keep in mind it was Lucho's decision to sign him. If Lucho feels this is the way his forward for his Barca we should at least give it a chance and see how it will work out. Lucho earned our trust.

Zangash

Banned
No sensible board would sell him back. It would immediately sever their relationship with Lucho.

We need to keep in mind it was Lucho's decision to sign him. If Lucho feels this is the way his forward for his Barca we should at least give it a chance and see how it will work out. Lucho earned our trust.

Do we have confirmation from Lucho himself that he asked for Arda? I've been out for about a week, but last I heard it was Pogba or bust. What changed? If Lucho has come out or will come out to say Turan is his signing I won't complain, but if him requesting Arda is something that came from Sport/MD or rat-face that should be a serious red flag.

Bran the Greenseer

If Lucho wants him we would have gotten him no matter what no sensible board would deny a relatively cheap player to a treble winning coach. I just hope lucho has his eye on the future with Rafinha still.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I have watched a lot of Atleti matches and Turan always stood out to me. I really like the signing. This is Messi's prime and the current class of La Masia graduates can't be counted on. I still have high hopes for Samper but that still remains to be seen.

xXKonan

Do we have confirmation from Lucho himself that he asked for Arda? I've been out for about a week, but last I heard it was Pogba or bust. What changed? If Lucho has come out or will come out to say Turan is his signing I won't complain, but if him requesting Arda is something that came from Sport/MD or rat-face that should be a serious red flag.
Well this is What Arda's agent said. Bulut (agent Turan): "We've reached an agreement today because Luis Enrique insisted he wanted the player now. Today's deal is due to him."

Jombi

If Lucho wants him we would have gotten him no matter what no sensible board would deny a relatively cheap player to a treble winning coach. I just hope lucho has his eye on the future with Rafinha still.

Relatively cheap? At 41m euros, isnt he the 4th most expensive Barca player ever, after Ney, Suarez and Ibra?

Zangash

Banned
Well this is What Arda's agent said. Bulut (agent Turan): "We've reached an agreement today because Luis Enrique insisted he wanted the player now. Today's deal is due to him."

Hmm. An agent is more believable than any of our people (Kind of sad, when I put it in words), but I'm still somewhat reserved. Is Lucho going to be releasing a statement or holding a presser soon? I've learned by now to trust only what he says.

Zangash

Banned
On another note, what is Turan going to do until January? I heard something about him being willing to play on the B team or go on loan until the ban expires?

Home of Barca Fans