Arda Turan

Stric

Barcelona drew up a list of former registrations of players based on Spanish rules regarding injured players. Fifa never intervened. [md]

It will be extremely obvious for everyone that they have a vendetta against us if they won't let us register him.

How is this relevant? Did any of those clubs have a transfer ban? Fifa never intervened because, unlike now, there were no outside circumstances (such as a freaking ban). I know we're not buying him but registering him. But by that logic, we could have waited until September 1st and registered him.

This is not about vendettas. We have a ban. If they still don't let us start playing him, it's because of the ban. What's the point of the ban if it's erased the first time the club starts having problems because of it?

F

Flavia

How is this relevant? Did any of those clubs have a transfer ban? Fifa never intervened because, unlike now, there were no outside circumstances (such as a freaking ban). I know we're not buying him but registering him. But by that logic, we could have waited until September 1st and registered him.

This is not about vendettas. We have a ban. If they still don't let us start playing him, it's because of the ban. What's the point of the ban if it's erased the first time the club starts having problems because of it?

The ban is over. Ended in August 31st.

F

Flavia

Did you even read the rest of my post? If the ban ended, then why didn't we just register Arda and Vidal on September 1st? Or anytime since then?

It's simple. Because registration is not open anymore. It closed on Aug 31st in Spain. But this is an exceptional thing. Rafinha got injured and is out for the rest of the season. Rfef has a rule that allows the clubs to sign and register a replacement at any time if that happens, even out of the registration windows. And this happened many times in the past, as stated. And you questioned why was it relevant. Well, that's why: there is no ban anymore. There's no reason for fifa to deny this, from a legal pov.

Richard.H

What are the consequences if we let him play? Can FIFA torment us any further than it currently has? Bigger transfer ban?

Stric

It's simple. Because registration is not open anymore. It closed on Aug 31st in Spain. But this is an exceptional thing. Rafinha got injured and is out for the rest of the season. Rfef has a rule that allows the clubs to sign and register a replacement at any time if that happens, even out of the registration windows. And this happened many times in the past, as stated. And you questioned why was it relevant. Well, that's why: there is no ban anymore. There's no reason for fifa to deny this, from a legal pov.

Letting us register a player only 3 weeks after the ban officially ended would defeat its purpose completely. I can't imagine them going along, even if it's legally possible. Legal and FIFA don't go together, anyway.

Bran the Greenseer

If I was them I wouldn't do it, cause its sort of a slap in the face cause we'd have technically bypassed the ban because we signed him in the summer. Idk how much they'd retaliate though. Since its legal they can't give us another ban.

Alik

What's the point in saying the ban ends on the 31st of August and then acting as if it's still in place?

If it's over it's over. They should piss off now and let us be.

George_Costanza

If I was them I wouldn't do it, cause its sort of a slap in the face cause we'd have technically bypassed the ban because we signed him in the summer. Idk how much they'd retaliate though. Since its legal they can't give us another ban.

If I was them, I will do it. FIFA is under heat and last thing they need is another problem with one of the biggest club in football. It's very corrupted organisation and acting like they care about rules and regulation is absurd. Beside most dickheads who acted against Barca are gone or going to be gone in few months.

raskolnikov

We are right in this case, but its best to not piss off FIFA further, less thing we need is FIFA being made to look foolish by us bypassing their ban and them becoming more vindictive towards us.

Barcafan 2304

We are right in this case, but its best to not piss off FIFA further, less thing we need is FIFA being made to look foolish by us bypassing their ban and them becoming more vindictive towards us.

That's the concern mate and I'd be worried about it to. Difficult situation for the club.

klc123

Why don't we just pay the bribes to FIFA like man city and Manchester United do?

I still can't believe we were punished for the youth academy that gave us players like Iniesta, Xavi, and messi, potentially the best player in history. Meanwhile shit English teams pay extortionate transfer fees and are killing the game at grassroots level.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans