Are you happy that we got Olmo?

Are you happy we got Olmo?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

We won 5 ucl and only in two of them they had a big role, but again in my opinion not the biggest role and let's not joke around, Nico isn't half the quality of Ronaldinho or Neymar.

Xavistas are very much in love with those kind of players ( Dembele, Shark) but played UEL without Felix who isn't that wide or a winger.

Wide players have had huge impacts on all those wins.

FCBfan22

I can agree but I will prefer to have pace for the CB, LB, RB and DM than for our inside forwards.
After all we are stuck in trench warfare most of the time and we have issues defending fast players.
I don't mind our inside forwards having pace, neither the striker but they should have ball control, dribbling and finishing as absolute needed requirements. Our team tends to have possession so pace is less vital there.
Wide players need a lot pace in 2024. And that includes both wingers and fullbacks. Sadly. Wingers should also do A LOT of defensive work and help the fullbacks.

Pacey crafty wingers and high press were the main reason why Spain won Euros this year. If we bet it all on posession yet again, we might win Liga here and there, but in cup comps, especially CL, we stand no chance.

I don't mind Olmo at #10 or at CAM. Not at all. He is great there and has a nose for goal. However we should never play him as LW. That is just stupid in 2024 football. Would work 10 years ago, but won't work now.

Porque

Balde done a lovely cross for the goal. But if we play Olmo or Fermin at LW, we need to look internally over how Gerard Martin has the best final ball out of all our FBs.

jamrock

Balde done a lovely cross for the goal. But if we play Olmo or Fermin at LW, we need to look internally over how Gerard Martin has the best final ball out of all our FBs.
Thought it was Valle? No.

Martin did have some good crosses though, he has good size, could adapt to the highest level with time, as a back up.

jamrock

Olmo will be great at LW with, balde providing width.

Casado improved Saturday when he went to the right side, so he/gavi will play their and give yamal someone to play off, so he's not completely isolated, with Kounde getting forward when he can.

Messi983

Don't destroy your good olympics impression please.

Yes, can we please go back to the Olympics and forget that this self destructing club exists.

My previous post was clearly sarcastic. We'll find a way to register Olmo but would be the end for the clown that runs this club if we would fail to do that so wouldn't mind it either.

I'm usually optimistic but it's just hard to find anything positive (I guess signing Pau Victor and Mbacke permanently are the only good things we did) about what we are doing on the market this summer. I know we're working under financial constraints but those were even bigger in the past but I liked Gundo signing last year (never liked both Joaos but accepted cheap loans) and also signing Faye and Darvich for the B team. Back in 2022 was excited about Kounde and liked Christensen and Kessie as free agents (was not a fan of spending 60m on Raphinha though nor signing Lewy or Ferran). And year before that liked Kun (sadly had to retire), Auba and bringing back Emerson. Only to sell him after one game, lol. But that's how we're rolling these days.

So while there were some transfers (both incoming and outgoing) I didn't like there were also moves I've supported. Can't say the same about this TW. Not even any signings for BA in the mould of Faye, Darvich or Victor that would excite me a bit.

Olmo could be a good signing but hard to support spending big money we don't have on someone I don't consider address the biggest needs of this team. And now we are pushing out promising youngsters while keeping around the old fecks or players who have been around long enough to show they don't belong.

The only positive of this club are La Masia kids but they'll be broken after taking so much responsibilites on their shoulders so early in their careers. Hopefully not but could see Yamal and Cubarsi going down the same routes as Ansu, Pedri, Gavi and Balde and be damaged goods in their early twenties or even before. Barca is just not a healthy environment for the youngsters.

And with how we dealt with foreign youngsters they will probably avoid us in forseeable future even when finances will improve and I won't blame them. If I'm a 17 year old Brazilian and have to choose between Madrid or Barca these days I would select Madrid every day. Heck, I'd even go to Southampton or Nottingham Forest before joining this rotten club.

Let's see what we'll do in next 10 days. Will probably try to get back Cancelo and maybe an injury prone winger like Coman but don't expect anything that would make me feel bettter about this season.

JamDav1982

Laporta is not a clown for signing Olmo and letting Gundo go.

That would be a move that makes sense for team going forward.

It would be moving away from some of the poor moves made in last couple windows.

Birdy

Laporta is not a clown for signing Olmo and letting Gundo go.

That would be a move that makes sense for team going forward.

It would be moving away from some of the poor moves made in last couple windows.

He is a clown just for pushing someone out and starting a smear campaign
when he was signed a year ago, and the wages were offered by the club.

Not wanting to sign on big wages is great
Signing on big wages and the pushing people out after a year through media pressure is UNACCEPTABLE

#LAPORTA OUT

JamDav1982

Signing on big wages and the pushing people out after a year through media pressure is UNACCEPTABLE

#LAPORTA OUT

Not sure there has been a smear campaign really.

Club need to put interests of club first even if seems harsh on him.

jamrock

I doubt laporta is in charge of his own bodily functions the way some here thinks he's in charge of everything that happens in and mostly importantly around Barcelona.

jamrock

Laporta is probably sitting there, eating his ice cream, confused like WTF did I do.

I'm just here eating some ice cream lol.

companyofcules

#LAPORTA OUT
He was bad vs PSG and Real and blamed FDJ and others. The point is, I like his attitude outside the field but on field he is hiding behind others.
His salary is big and we can do without him after all Pedri, Fermin are there and we say they are so good.

jamrock

1000245108.jpg

Laporta right now, as Barca forum makes all sort of accusations of him being the mastermind behind everything that comes out of the Media.

JamDav1982

Laporta only allowed to be the 'mastermind' when it is anything positive.

Thems the rules.

As with all presidents the decisions taken under them are easier to put on them as President and have ultimate responsibility.

Much easier than breaking down everyone involved every time a decision made.

Home of Barca Fans