Argentina

soul24rage

I'm happy that the team is in the Semi's, but more than that I am incredibly pissed off.

- First the pitch. Absolutely awful. Fk those artificial pitches. Ball bouncing so unpredictably that made this match so horrible to watch. Both Conmebol and Fifa better do something about this.

- Ref. No words, completely incompetent.

- Next, Messi. Horrendous today and if you are not 100% fit, especially against a team that is very physical, don't even think about playing. No exception. Don't get me started with the penalty. You perfected the penalty technique and even used it in MLS and League's Cup. Why change it? I am really hoping that he got his match fitness today and that in the Semi's, he will do better.

- Scaloni, I was in favor of having MacAllister deeper and Enzo higher back in fall 2023, but I changed my mind way before and I hope Scaloni changed his mind too. Enzo needs to play deeper and MacAllister forward.

Also, Scaloni this is a problem that has happened even in WC22. Where are the subs? Why are you defending to hold on to the lead? Netherlands, France and now Ecuador. This team crumbles when trying to hold on to a lead. Get those subs in earlier and try to dominate the game. The fact that this game is only 90 minutes should make it a lot easier for Scaloni to use all 4 subs (the 5th sub for emergency). Garnacho, Palacios where there to give you options in attack and what a waste not using them. The best thing about this tournament was the CB pairing. Why you sub in Otamendi for Licha? Makes no sense at all

- Credit to Ecuador, people just look at the name and think it's an easy game. No, if you watch their games and the fact that they have a talented young generation, then you will know that they are a difficult team to play. They will surely be better in years to come.

- Dibu, thank you, thank you and thank you. Tapia better build you a huge freakin statue.

If this team don't change, then this tournament will go to either Uruguay or Colombia easily. Relieved to go to the Semi's but a lot of self-reflection is needed for everyone except for Dibu.

soul24rage

Now that it is confirmed that Canada will be the Semi opposition, this would be my lineup (loopsided 433/4231)

-----------------Alvarez
-----------------------------Messi-------------Nico Gonzalez
Acuna--------Lo Celso-----------------RDP
---------------------------Enzo--------------------Montiel
-------------Lisandro-------------Romero
----------------------------Dibu

- It's clear that Canada's main progressive threat is on the left side with Davies and Shaffelburg so Nico G. and RDP to provide cover on the right. I love Molina but his reading of the game defensively and with defensive switch on has been bad this tournament so I would go for Montiel.
- Lo Celso is more adept to drifting to the left side as well so I would go for him.
- Enzo is there to provide quick progressive passes. It's clear that he needs to play deeper than that interior role that he previously had.
- Really hope that Scaloni makes the correct subs on a more timely basis. Bring in the likes of Lautaro, Di Maria, MacAllister, Paredes and Palacios. We have a lot of options.

Home of Barca Fans