Argentina

soul24rage

This would be my starting XI vs Colombia.

-------------------------Alvarez
Di Maria—--------------------------------------Messi
—--------------MacA-------------RDP
--------------------------Enzo
Tagliafico—---Lisandro—-----Romero—--Montiel
---------------------------Dibu

Colombia will most likely line up like this

-------------------------Cordoba
Diaz----------------------------------------------James
—--------------Arias---------------Ríos
--------------------------Lerma
Mojica—-------Cuesta-----------Sanchez—----Arias
--------------------------Vargas

2 things that worries me from Colombia are the vertical transitions and their set pieces. Argentina will need to counterpress Colombia really well to stop the vertical transitions, but even then Colombia is comfortable punting the ball long and Cordoba is good at holding up play. Lisandro and Romero will need to be alert and I suspect Scaloni will have Montiel and Tagliafico deep to help Lisandro and Romero for the vertical transitions (Most likely it'll be Tagliafico)

For the set pieces, James' delivery are on point. We'll need a monster display from Dibu to claim those crosses.

We'll need to dominate the midfield with Quick touches. The Hard Rock Stadium will have natural grass so that's very good news, but I heard that they had to install a new grass due to a different event. Will see if that has a huge impact to Arg.'s game. Put the subs timely like Lautaro, Palacios, Lo Celso and Nico Gonzalez for speed and energy.

I feel that Colombia's weakness is their fullbacks, especially with Munoz sent off. Mojica did well defensively vs Uruguay, but I could see him unease with our attack. Di Maria definitely needs to play at LW to test Arias at RB. Argentina will probably need to build up play on the right and then switch the play to Di Maria to take Arias on 1-1. I trust the team's quality in the final third more than Colombia's so Argentina needs to convert those half chances if they arrive.

Overall, I see this as a good game and more importantly, I hope there's no incident like that of Uruguay vs Colombia. May the best team win (let's hope that will be Argentina)

Vamos Argentina carajo! Vamos muchachos!

Maradona37

This would be my starting XI vs Colombia.

-------------------------Alvarez
Di Maria—--------------------------------------Messi
—--------------MacA-------------RDP
--------------------------Enzo
Tagliafico—---Lisandro—-----Romero—--Montiel
---------------------------Dibu

Colombia will most likely line up like this

-------------------------Cordoba
Diaz----------------------------------------------James
—--------------Arias---------------Ríos
--------------------------Lerma
Mojica—-------Cuesta-----------Sanchez—----Arias
--------------------------Vargas

2 things that worries me from Colombia are the vertical transitions and their set pieces. Argentina will need to counterpress Colombia really well to stop the vertical transitions, but even then Colombia is comfortable punting the ball long and Cordoba is good at holding up play. Lisandro and Romero will need to be alert and I suspect Scaloni will have Montiel and Tagliafico deep to help Lisandro and Romero for the vertical transitions (Most likely it'll be Tagliafico)

For the set pieces, James' delivery are on point. We'll need a monster display from Dibu to claim those crosses.

We'll need to dominate the midfield with Quick touches. The Hard Rock Stadium will have natural grass so that's very good news, but I heard that they had to install a new grass due to a different event. Will see if that has a huge impact to Arg.'s game. Put the subs timely like Lautaro, Palacios, Lo Celso and Nico Gonzalez for speed and energy.

I feel that Colombia's weakness is their fullbacks, especially with Munoz sent off. Mojica did well defensively vs Uruguay, but I could see him unease with our attack. Di Maria definitely needs to play at LW to test Arias at RB. Argentina will probably need to build up play on the right and then switch the play to Di Maria to take Arias on 1-1. I trust the team's quality in the final third more than Colombia's so Argentina needs to convert those half chances if they arrive.

Overall, I see this as a good game and more importantly, I hope there's no incident like that of Uruguay vs Colombia. May the best team win (let's hope that will be Argentina)

Vamos Argentina carajo! Vamos muchachos!
Well-thought out post mate and good spirit at the end, with hoping it's a well-contested game with no horrible moments off the pitch, and the best team wins.

I agree with plenty of your assessments and you deserve a like for putting a lot of effort into that. Well done.

soul24rage

Starting XI today.

Proud of these lads. Let's go one more time.

Vamos Argentina!

GSerOXeXoAA6oAN

raskolnikov

What do you guys think of argentina's xhances at the next wc? Team seems to hsve deckined a bit from the wc win. A few wing backs, quality player in midfield next to enzo and alexis is needed I think along with a replacement for Messi if he retires ir becomes a sub.

soul24rage

What do you guys think of argentina's xhances at the next wc? Team seems to hsve deckined a bit from the wc win. A few wing backs, quality player in midfield next to enzo and alexis is needed I think along with a replacement for Messi if he retires ir becomes a sub.

Imo, there are better younger players waiting right now and this tournament has to be the last for some. If Scaloni stays and he rejuvenates the squad well, the WC26 squad should be really strong to be favorites. It depends on Messi too of course. Di Maria's clutchness will be solely missed, but it's the right time for him to retire.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans