Argentina

serghei

This is not about racism, but about stupidity. People do dumb shit all the time. And it's not ok. You should behave properly.

I see Nicholas Jackson posting in support of Enzo. OK, so he's probably not a racist, fair enough, but it doesn't mean you should behave like an idiot. Racism is not the only concern. There are many types of actions beyond that which makes you look like a dumb footballer.

Maradona37

Read this on Redcafe. Never considered it this way

'As Argentina has a mostly white population, and it's obvious that their players view France also as a "white" country, the essence of the song can be described as: "You French white boys need help from black people from Africa to play football, while we are all white." And it can be sensed that "black people from Africa" here is implied to be subhuman. '

To add balance, it's true that minorities can be very prejudiced themselves too.

Last edited:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Enzo and the team shouldn't have done that, but I find it hilarious how the French players act like the victim when they themselves did a lot worse.

I'm not Asian, but in a world where everyone pretends to care about equality, it's abundantly obvious that Asians are treated unequally. Which goes to show, most of these 'equality movements' are nothing more than a load of bollocks.

Windhook

Italian soccer team Como has defended a player who allegedly said Wolves’ South Korean forward Hee Chan Hwang “thinks he’s Jackie Chan” during a preseason game on Monday.
This is how stupid this gets.

soul24rage

Post Copa America 2019

- Copa America 2021
- Finalissima 2022
- World Cup 2022
- Copa America 2024
- 1st in both FIFA and Elo Ranking
- 2nd longest unbeaten run in football history
- Only 2 defeats in the last 5 years
- The 2nd team to win 3 major trophies consecutively

Life is good

GSxOJveW8AANQNt

Last edited:

AURELIUS2

France should just make a song about how argentinians all descendants of Italians and Nazi Germany instead of crying

Most of the Germans that came to Argentina and set up their own enclaves did so in the middle of the 19th century. You can see it in places like Bariloche and the west. Indeed many people came to Argentina seeking sanctuary like Armenians fleeing the genocide by the Ottomans and Jews fleeing Germany in the 30s, Russian emigres from the October Revolution.

Yes people like Sarmiento tried to make Argentina white in line with a thought of making it a completely European nation. There were killings. Many blacks moved to Brazil although a handful have represented Argentina at football Hector Baley being the last back im 1982. But for the most part mass European immigration flooded the country.

Enzo should apologize and be fined. There are a handful of others singing there with him like Guido who need to face the same punishment but for many it' been an opportunity to bash Argentina and Argentines. Mexicans, Brazilians apart from those in the south who have closer cultural ties to Uruguay and Argentina, the French of course (while ignoring how they mocked Konami staff) and the Ronaldo fan club.

AURELIUS2

One of the greatest TEAMS of all time, at the international level.

They really are much greater than the sum of their parts, considering they never had prime Messi.

Even when Messi does walk out of the door I think looking at the players coming through in defence and midfield they are some of the deepest talent pools Argentina has had in many many years. I'd say since the 1940s. And there are some highly promising strikers like Ruberto and Carrizo too. Keepers well they take time to get going and there are some young prospects at fullback. Giay if he can jump another level. Ortega and Barco. But that central defence and midfield it is stacked.

Messigician

Breaking news!

Enzo responds to the controversy, I’ll post the rough translation

“Hola, we meant no offence, it was just a bit of fun and nothing racist was intended, I dont remember the details but a group of us were browsing online and a user called Gnidrologist had recommended some chants for people to sing. France were not targeted, there were also chants prepared for Saka, Bellingham and, Vini Jr. it was a total misunderstanding and isolated incident.”

I’m stunned

Gnidrologist

:lol:
Anyhow, they should not appologize for anything. You never ever apologize to extremist groups, especially not some wokeshits, who will try to harass you even more next time they sense blood, if you showed weakness previously. These animals feed from this shit and apologetic attitudes is what gives them levy.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Rodrigo De Paul:

"When the final ended, Messi came and the first thing he said was, ‘nobody taunts anyone, let’s celebrate and enjoy our victory.’

“They always find something against the winner. Whether it’s that we got help, or that we taunt others, or that it’s not such a good team, or that South America is less developed than Europe, we didn't see any fuss about that when they say those things about us. All these things are said to discredit what we’ve achieved.

"We never talk before playing. For us, the Euro is incredible, but in the World Cup the best ones play…

"Someone from Colombia said that Messi and Di María weren’t the same anymore, that they were old. We see those things.

"Now they’re on about Enzo and nobody talks about the Copa América.”

Home of Barca Fans