Arjen Robben

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Peak Robben = Piccolo
Peak Cristiano Ronaldo = ssj2 Vegeta (non majin)
Average Messi = ssj2 Goku
Peak Messi = ssj3 Goku

Nah

Peak messi = ssj3

Injured messi = ssj 2

Peak ronaldo = mystic gohan

Peak robben = majin vegeta

Peak suarez = trunks ascendend ssj

Arbeloa = yamcha

Onyi

10334339_1074233699283512_4584715131010065485_n.jpg

37,000m/3600s = 100m/9.73s, and that's very close to the 100-meter dash world record.

Assuming this speed was rounded up and he was actually running only at 36.5 km per hr, that's still 100m/9.86s, and he's doing it with a ball in front of him. I kinda doubt that figure is accurate, or he's been taking some PEDs.

Wouterinho

37,000m/3600s = 100m/9.73s, and that's very close to the 100-meter dash world record.

Assuming this speed was rounded up and he was actually running only at 36.5 km per hr, that's still 100m/9.86s, and he's doing it with a ball in front of him. I kinda doubt that figure is accurate, or he's been taking some PEDs.
the majority of his sprint is just above 30 km/h, it's about absolute top speed. Bolt's top speed was 44.72, so by your calculations he'd do in in about 8 seconds... It's all about acceleration and being able to hold that top speed. Impressive nevertheless.

About Robben: he's playing great but let's not forget this is basically the ideal situation for a player like him to play in... If Messi (just an example, many players apply in this case) was playing for Holland, he probably already had 5 or more goals and would've been completely unstoppable.

JamDav1982

Was there not something that they had got the Robben sprint speed wrong?

Edit: Yes they did get it wrong. He never broke any records.

Alarcón

The way they measured it, he was already running, as opposed to sprinters who have to start at 0 km/h, plus he could never keep up this kind of velocity when running 100m. It might very well be accurate.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Was there not something that they had got the Robben sprint speed wrong?

Edit: Yes they did get it wrong. He never broke any records.

Average speed was 31, yeah? I guess they somehow measured a top speed somewhere in between.

Useless record any way, but still incredibly fast over such distance in a football match ongoing for quite a while.

BerkeleyBernie

Best player this world cup, no doubt!

Agree. As an opponent, he's the player I'd be most afraid of. Messi a close second, but at least with Messi, you know it's going to be a moment here or there, mostly in a tight space around the box, with other players to help you. Robben can just appear out of nowhere like a bat out of hell, and there's little you can do about it.

Good interview with him in perfect English after the Chile match, saw it on MotD, very modest about Netherlands, proud of the younger players, and complimentary on what Spain has done over the past few years. I was looking for that interview as a clip, and was surprised to see him also giving an interview in Spanish. Apparently, he speaks fluent English, Spanish, German, as well as his native Dutch. Man takes his job seriously, and learns the language of the league where he is playing. :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans