Arthur

abiabi

we can read here comments about praising him "shielding the ball" and "doing great under the pressure"

i didnt watch the match, but did he creat something? split opposition lines with forward passes?

If you didnt watch the match, why make a silly comment?

Tottenham were being exposed at the back just by beating their pressure. When we got to their final 3rd, chances were falling like fruits from a tree just by Messi facing their line. Not everything is forward pass assists lmao.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

No need for the Xavi talk but what Arthur plays under pressure certainly isn't easy at all and very helpful in a game like this. Overall he obviously is still lacking a lot but thats expected, its still nice to have a CM again who's biggest strength is control/passing. Thats exactly what you need in a squad, it was a game where Arthurs qualities were helpful, he played and did good. Thats how it should be.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

If you didnt watch the match, why make a silly comment?

Tottenham were being exposed at the back just by beating their pressure. When we got to their final 3rd, chances were falling like fruits from a tree just by Messi facing their line. Not everything is forward pass assists lmao.

It was a question, not even a comment

biraboyz

Banned
Our overall offensive game has always been better, when we have what it takes to circulate the ball fluidly. Rakitic may score an odd goal and give assist or two, but our midfield with him is mostly out of depth, overrun by any semi decent team that doesn't sit back. Ffs, this is Barcaforum, people should know better than to only judge people by their stats. Us controlling the midfield so dominantly like we did even against weakened Spurs was something i haven't seen in years.
I agree that not even good controller will help us against tight buses. There needs to be more movement off the ball by the whole team and Rakitic is hardly helping in this respect. Maybe he really know how to position himself in the final third, when opportunity arises (he was an AM before Barca, no?), but his movement as a CM is non existent and he can't handle pressure at all, which makes for shitty overall offensive play.
This dude lowballing Raki so hard to justify his belief..lol

Gnidrologist

Come on, i admire Raki as a good asset and real pro for us, but he was always under criticism for his low offensive gravity since the very beginning. He did compensate that with being great nanny for our reckless attacking minded players so that's that. He does lack what we always want from real Barca CM and that's not an attack on him.

serghei

How sad it is when Barca fans say after such an amazing performance that he didn't create offensively. Fucking kidding me? I mean how do you even arrive at such a conclusion.

Home of Barca Fans