Arthur

xXKonan

It was kinda funny seeing Josep Capdevilla(Well known La Masia journalist) retweet some guy saying.

"Arthur is great but was he needed as we have Riqui Puig, Alena, and Collado ?"

After yesterday yeah I will say someone like him is much needed in the middle. And not only that those three are different in terms of style compared to Arthur. I feel Monchu is closer in terms of style to Arthur than Puig, Alena and Collado are.

soul24rage

How sad it is when Barca fans say after such an amazing performance that he didn't create offensively. Fucking kidding me? I mean how do you even arrive at such a conclusion.

Those people are in the minority. We needed someone who can resist pressure and help move the ball out of our half without the need for Messi to drop deep and Arthur did that role really really well. I think Arthur could improve in an offensive matter like improving his passing range, but I feel that Arthur is the key alongside a fully fit Messi to hopefully win the CL.

barcanuck

Had some very nice Xavi type moments for sure, but doesn't have the Iniesta to combine with as the midfield is pretty cut and dry with Busi and Raki. I would like to see him more in the final 3rd.

khaled_a_d

How sad it is when Barca fans say after such an amazing performance that he didn't create offensively. Fucking kidding me? I mean how do you even arrive at such a conclusion.

Do you think Arthur -from what you have seen- is a finished product or there is a room for improvement
If it is the later, what kind of improvements do you want, what do you want him to add to his game?

serghei

Do you think Arthur -from what you have seen- is a finished product or there is a room for improvement
If it is the later, what kind of improvements do you want, what do you want him to add to his game?

I'd say, as with other top class talents, he is good enough to start right now with room to grow into the best CM in the world.

So, needs to develop more? Sure.

Is a he a class midfielder right now too? You bet.

Man just played his first CL game and was a standout and perhaps best CM on the pitch. And he played away vs a very good team.

I want him to develop his long pass. And don't overuse his obvious skills because they can turn from effective into unnecessary embellishment.

Last edited:

PhilS

He fit in so well yesterday, great to see. What I really liked is that he did not try to do too much, did not try to be the hero. This team has plenty enough of heroes, Arthur provides the heads-up passing, not turning the ball over in close quarters, doing his share of the defensive duties. Is he Xavi? Of course not, but that is not even needed these days. Rak and Busquets need someone like this to balance out the midfield, Arthur permits those two to do what they do best.

serghei

Would be amazing for Xavi to actually coach him in 2 years. Would be amazing. The maestro teaching the apprentice.

khaled_a_d

I'd say, as with other top class talents, he is good enough to start right now with room to grow into the best CM in the world.

So, needs to develop more? Sure.

Is a he a class midfielder right now too? You bet.

Man just played his first CL game and was a standout and perhaps best CM on the pitch. And he played away vs a very good team.

I want him to develop his long pass. And don't overuse his obvious skills because they can turn from effective into unnecessary embellishment.

You see, it isn't sad after all, we can point to his weaknesses and areas he can improve and add to the game, most of us has said it is great game from him anyway.
I mean look at the redcafe [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] brought, even neutral realized soon he has that limitation he need to work on, even in youtube videos it was clear.
We doesn't have to get carried away with praises and don't talk anything about other things. It isn't how it works
That is neither sad or hate, it is actually being a bit realistic and critical when you you have high hopes for player

Would be amazing for Xavi to actually coach him in 2 years. Would be amazing. The maestro teaching the apprentice.

I would have hoped if he was able to play with Iniesta before he left, players learn a lot from each other, Neymar benefited from, Messi benefited from R10, who benefited from Ronaldo and Rivaldo etc. Thought it would have been great for Athur to have a player mentor there for year, though Busqets is there and he is also highly regarded in Barca as future coach

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Working on that part of his game would be easier than the skills he already has. You can always improve your forward passing and ability to make those through passes or recognize those options if you got the right mentality and aren't afraid of taking some risks.

Harder to be able to learn what he already has.

serghei

You see, it isn't sad after all, we can point to his weaknesses and areas he can improve and add to the game, most of us has said it is great game from him anyway.
I mean look at the redcafe [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] brought, even neutral realized soon he has that limitation he need to work on, even in youtube videos it was clear.
We doesn't have to get carried away with praises and don't talk anything about other things. It isn't how it works
That is neither sad or hate, it is actually being a bit realistic and critical when you you have high hopes for player

Didn't mean the normal common sense criticism. Some of the things that others are saying like he didn't bring anything offensively, when he did just that vs Tottenham, finding pockets of space between the lines. Ensuring that balls get to the likes of Messi and Coutinho in space, on the run.

Basic tactic in recent years has been press hard the Barca midfield because in this way the supply to Messi and Co would be cut. But now, with Arthur, teams might find out that the supply, while reduced, is not cut at all, and that Messi and Co would still be played, and when they will, they have space available. This is what Tottenham tried to do, and they got burnt, and a big reason for why that happened and Messi with Suarez ran loose in 3 vs 3 situations was Arthur's CM performance which was impressive to say the least. Arthur and Busi also complement each other great. And it was their first game together basically.

Last edited:

xXKonan

His ability to withstand the press and his intelligence and his movement especially tactical wise at his age is so much superior to some of the Midfield talents we brought in in the past couple of years it's actually pretty staggering.

His creativity will come in time I reckon, but some of the stuff he already possesses is crucial to what we need out of a CM.

Ronaldinho10

His ability to withstand the press and his intelligence and his movement especially tactical wise at his age is so much superior to some of the Midfield talents we brought in in the past couple of years it's actually pretty staggering.

His creativity will come in time I reckon, but some of the stuff he already possesses is crucial to what we need out of a CM.

He was and is a bingo signing. I had no doubt about him from the start. Glad to see he EV is finally given him a chance.

Zidane82

Didn't mean the normal common sense criticism. Some of the things that others are saying like he didn't bring anything offensively, when he did just that vs Tottenham, finding pockets of space between the lines. Ensuring that balls get to the likes of Messi and Coutinho in space, on the run.

Basic tactic in recent years has been press hard the Barca midfield because in this way the supply to Messi and Co would be cut. But now, with Arthur, teams might find out that the supply, while reduced, is not cut at all, and that Messi and Co would still be played, and when they will, they have space available. This is what Tottenham tried to do, and they got burnt, and a big reason for why that happened and Messi with Suarez ran loose in 3 vs 3 situations was Arthur's CM performance which was impressive to say the least. Arthur and Busi also complement each other great. And it was their first game together basically.

We have to hope that Valverde also saw his talent and potential last night ...or will he just leave him on the bench for the forces me future

xXKonan

We have to hope that Valverde also saw his talent and potential last night ...or will he just leave him on the bench for the forces me future
Considering how we played this season and the last couple of weeks of results. Valverde decided to throw a hail mary this match and it worked.

I gave Valverde props for this one. he could have gone with a flat 4-4-2 with Cou-Busi-Raki-Vidal and hope we squeeze out a draw for an ugly 1-0 victory but instead, he rolled the dice and gave Arthur the chance to prove himself and certainly did. And we played some of the best football in awhile.

Right now Valverde can't just give him some game time every once in a while he's certainly ready for a much bigger role in the team.

Home of Barca Fans