Arthur

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
312.jpg

Jadentheman

I think this is his 4th injury since the summer .

No he was out the other two times because of burn-out not injury. But it’s clear he’s being played too much or he’s exerting way too much to where it’s not sustainable. He needs more people supporting him when he plays

gregorrin10

No he was out the other two times because of burn-out not injury. But it’s clear he’s being played too much or he’s exerting way too much to where it’s not sustainable. He needs more people supporting him when he plays

No wonder he got injured, when he has to cover our whole damn midfield with statues like Rakitic beside him. Can't wait for Frenkie to join so that Arthur can get some real help. In the mean time, i really hope Alena gets those minutes. I'd even take Coutinho in midfield. Just please for the love of God don't play Rakitic-Busquets-Vidal against Lyon (and Madrid). When i think about this snail midfield against the likes of Ndombele, Aouar and Fekir, I'd put my money on a big Lyon win, which we can't afford in this hellish month, the team is going to be wiped out physically and emotionally after two more Clasicos in the mean time, so we really can't allow ourselves to need to overcome some big loss in the 2nd leg, cause even if we do manage to come back again, it's gonna hurt us big time in the latter stages, like it did after PSG, especially if we get a much more stronger opponent in the quarterfinals, which is a big possibility.

Arizona Scott

Bad news, but better now than in march.

As usual I'm reading a lot of catastrophic comments of the users of this forum.

Keep calm! It's february...
FCB has a great squad, despite Arthur is great!

I think we can play without problem until march with Vid-Busq-Rak.

Yes it is very sucky news. But it is not a knee injury or something that ended his season.

We got one of the best possible draws in Lyon. This team is +12, tied for 4th in goal differential in ligue 1. The only way we don't cruise is we send in an exhausted and unprepared squad in, like Roma leg 2.

Coutinho Bob and Aleña can cover while he is out. No need to run Rakitic Busi and Vidal into the ground covering for him. Unfortunate injury but this could be a big moment for Coutinho.
Agreed this totally changes the calculation where now Valverde has to be bolder (Alena, Samper, try Coutinho in midfield) to sit Rakitic & Busi so matches while neither extending Vidal to do it. We would use Bob but we also need cover in the fullbacks.

Leo_Messi

I prefer to look at unfortunate incidents and negative news in a positive light as much as that is possible.

Arthur's 3-4 week long injury is obviously going to impact the team negatively as he was our most in-form midfielder (by far) but the injury could have come at a worse time. We have a somewhat solid 6+ point lead in the league. We should be able to defeat Lyon without much trouble over 2 games in the CL without Arthur. Even though Arthur is expected to return for the return leg of that CL tie. We should also be able to at least score 1 goal at the Santiago Bernabéu, draw or win without him.

Hopefully this injury will give Aleñá more playing time and give him a breakthrough. Vidal too will be able to start in more games and grow as a player for us. Coutinho, even though I have little hope about him turning his situation around anytime soon, might step up in the midfield alongside Busquets and Rakitic/Vidal.

I am not really worried about the CL tie against Lyon. Sure, they are a decent team and should not be underestimated but if Arthur will be the difference maker between us going through or going out of the CL, we need to start from scratch as a club. My main worry is the league and more precisely Sunday's game away at San Mamés.

SeloBarca

Well, ive been watching Barcelona this season mostly becouse of Arthur so it sucks hes out.
Busi, Raki, Alena/Coutinho i guess should be the lineup, but with Valverde logic, it will be Vidal.

EdmondDantes

Still bummed about his injury but at least it's not a complicated one.

Plus there's the assuring fact that Arthur is now a reality and not a player who enjoyed an unmatchable purple patch before his first injury since he pretty much came back even stronger and kept getting better and better to the point he's looked virtually unstoppable of late (Modric's violence aside).

Porque

I would like to see Dembele-Suarez/Messi-Malcom infront of Vidal-Busquets-Rakitic while Arthur is away and Messi is finding his fitness again. If Rakitic and Vidal can be fast in the transition then a more direct style ala LE2015 can be dangerous. Especially paired with Alba and Semedo as two extremely pacy fullbacks.

It would be good to test this away to Madrid in the CDR.

Home of Barca Fans