Arthur

Arizona Scott

If we have trouble with Lyon with Arthur being the only player out we were not truly a serious threat in this competition. I think we will be fine unless we get other injuries or a burned out squad.

EdmondDantes

Thanks to [MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] I've been watching Jnicee17's (twitter) Arthur compilations.

[tw]1088282909256105984[/tw]

This has already been posted here, Sevilla away. SofaScore states Arthur completed 5 dribbles in this game and you can clearly see how and why.

Acceleration, agility, close control, low centre of gravity, technique & high football IQ = press resistance and fearless drive with the ball.

I once read he's the most talented player out of South America since Neymar (with the Libertadores, etc as a track record and all) but it's now looking he's possibly better than Neymar as well - as silly as the comparison as given they play in vastly different roles. But Arthur's is super efficient right off the bat.

30 (+9) million was a bargain.

Total-Football

kroos and modric and casemiro will feast on barcelona now.. even with arthur they did well. they are going to toy with the turtles trio most likely to start. only god can save us in the second leg. by that i mean Leo

xXKonan

He's been covering up the cracks in the Midfield and without him, things in the middle go to shit.

About sums up our Midfield for the past several years now. This team struggles without having a passer and press resistant CM in the middle. We relied so much on an aging Iniesta to help control the tempo and take off pressure from the team after Xavi left and Iniesta wasn't a complete perfect match to do that but he was still our best CM in that regard to do what Xavi did. Busi is good but even he needed a CM like Iniesta/Xavi to help him out.

Arthur is the Xavi of this team pure and simple. Yeah, I hate comparing players but he's the only CM we have that can do the job that those two Iniesta and Xavi have done for us for years now in terms of pure control. Alena is another guy who I expect big things from and he has shown a lot of talent to be the driving attack force in the Midfield we also need kinda like Iniesta use to be.

ManusXavi

He's been covering up the cracks in the Midfield and without him, things in the middle go to shit.

About sums up our Midfield for the past several years now. This team struggles without having a passer and press resistant CM in the middle. We relied so much on an aging Iniesta to help control the tempo and take off pressure from the team after Xavi left and Iniesta wasn't a complete perfect match to do that but he was still our best CM in that regard to do what Xavi did. Busi is good but even he needed a CM like Iniesta/Xavi to help him out.

Arthur is the Xavi of this team pure and simple. Yeah, I hate comparing players but he's the only CM we have that can do the job that those two Iniesta and Xavi have done for us for years now in terms of pure control. Alena is another guy who I expect big things from and he has shown a lot of talent to be the driving attack force in the Midfield we also need kinda like Iniesta use to be.
I want to frame this on my bedroom wall

Riordon

One of the reasons why I dont like Bussi and Arthur on the pitch on the same time. Arthur IMO looks and play like a DM.

[tw]1095998530395799552[/tw]

EdmondDantes

One of the reasons why I dont like Bussi and Arthur on the pitch on the same time. Arthur IMO looks and play like a DM.

Would that be the same Busquets whose game instantly improves the second there's a player like Arthur with him on the field? Would that be the same Arthur that played further forward in the second leg of the cup tie against Sevilla?

Arthur is a CM who can play DM and not the other way round.

Since you were the guy who called Arthur overrated when he was first out injured it doesn't surprise me 'you don't like him and Busquets playing simultaneously'.

Thankfully plenty of people see otherwise. Fitness permitting, Arthur has everything to be a mainstay in the midfield for years to come.

Riordon

Would that be the same Busquets whose game instantly improves the second there's a player like Arthur with him on the field? Would that be the same Arthur that played further forward in the second leg of the cup tie against Sevilla?

Arthur is a CM who can play DM and not the other way round.

Since you were the guy who called Arthur overrated when he was first out injured it doesn't surprise me 'you don't like him and Busquets playing simultaneously'.

Thankfully plenty of people see otherwise. Fitness permitting, Arthur has everything to be a mainstay in the midfield for years to come.

Why do you have to defend Arthur like that all the time? He is a good player but there are a lot of areas he can improve. His position as a CM right now is IMO not that good and I have noticed that quite a lot. Take a look at the pictures. Thats something I think he can improve.

And yes, I consider a Arthur a good player but a lot of you guys said he will be the best midfielder by next season. Some even called him top 3 by now.

I dont like Busquest and Arthur together because both are slow and dont run much. They dont move between the lines but runs towards the ball as seen in the tweets regarding Arthur.

If thats it, I think he is overrated. I dont think he is the biggest midfield talent in world as I consider frenkie better.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Injuries suck. Especially for someone who actually takes the time to go above and beyond with his nutrition like Arthur... guy's version of the party life consists of extra practice on the pitch. He's got that kind of obsession about him. Rare.

Riordon

Injuries suck. Especially for someone who actually takes the time to go above and beyond with his nutrition like Arthur... guy's version of the party life consists of extra practice on the pitch. He's got that kind of obsession about him. Rare.

Funny because he attended Neymars birthdays in Paris two days before the Madrid game which apparently made Valverde speak to him about whats excepted in a top club.

Nobody posted those news though

Home of Barca Fans