Arturo Vidal

Morten

Real??? xD

Because they signed the best coach in the history of football, I guess? I predict a Real exit in the Quarterfinal unless they get the easiest route possible as they usually always get.

True, i will be suprised if we even make it to the quarters in the first place, i think we will be knocked out before the quarters. I kind of hope that too, maybe Perez will have to f*** off if we perform truly awful.

serghei

If somebody says "Bale is the same class as Messi", you would also lol hard, I imagine. That's how I felt when I read that particular line in your previous statement.

You are delusional. You think the difference between Vidal and Turan is the same as the difference between Messi and Bale? Are you posting from the psych ward or something? Their transfer sums were both close to 40m (34+7 in Turan's case, so he could actually cost more than Vidal) because they are players of similar value.

F

Flavia

If somebody says "Bale is the same class as Messi", you would also lol hard, I imagine. That's how I felt when I read that particular line in your previous statement.

That's quite an absurd comparison. Maybe you haven't watched Arda much, or at all, to say something like this. Vidal is not the second coming of midfielders either. They're pretty much on the same level.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I chose Messi, because they play the same position atm, and he is exactly the player Barca fans always get super-defensive about.
Fact of the matter is, Vidal is a better player than Turan and definitely not in the same class. Most pundits consider Vidal one of the 5, if not 3 best CMs atm, most defintely the best box-to-box player. Turan is a very good player, but he is nowhere near the same status or quality.
Thanks for the insults btw.

F

Flavia

I chose Messi, because they play the same position atm, and he is exactly the player Barca fans always get super-defensive about.
Fact of the matter is, Vidal is a better player than Turan and definitely not in the same class. Most pundits consider Vidal one of the 5, if not 3 best CMs atm, most defintely the best box-to-box player. Turan is a very good player, but he is nowhere near the same status or quality.
Thanks for the insults btw.

Arda is very much of the same quality. They play completely different positions too. But quality-wise, they offer pretty much the same on their positions. You are overrating Vidal.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I don't like national teams, but just look at what Vidal does for Chile and how successful they are with him at the helm, and compare that to Arda Turan and Turkey, since he has a very similar role in his team.
Sure, Vidal is not the second-coming of Christ, but to read that anyone considers Turan and Vidal equal, and gives arguments like "they were paid for similarly, so their worth and quality is the same also" (since when did actual worth and "what was paid" ever equal each other in terms of football transfers for that matter?), just boggled my fucking mind.

serghei

I don't like national teams, but just look at what Vidal does for Chile and how successful they are with him at the helm, and compare that to Arda Turan and Turkey, since he has a very similar role in his team.

Chile also has a certain Alexis Sanchez who is a world class attacker, players like Valdivia, Bravo, Arranguiz, and others, while Turkey has a weak generation of players.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Arda Turan - La Liga: 13 goals, 20 assists, 131 matches as winger/AM
Arturo Vidal - Serie A: 35 goals, 23 assists, 124 matches as CM/DM (as in the much less attacking role)

As I said, mind-boggling...

Next you will be telling me how much more difficult it is to score goals in La Liga compared to Serie A...

serghei

gives arguments like "they were paid for similarly, so their worth and quality is the same also" (since when did actual worth and "what was paid" ever equal each other in terms of football transfers for that matter?), just boggled my fucking mind.

Nice way of twisting the facts. I said they were payed for the same because they are of similar value, not that they are of similar value because they were payed for the same. Quite different, and quite pitty that you don't see the difference.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Chile also has a certain Alexis Sanchez who is a world class attacker, players like Valdivia, Bravo, Arranguiz, and others, while Turkey has a weak generation of players.

Of those other "world class attackers" and implied good players, Vidal is still the dominant player in the team and its very heart beat.

serghei

Arda Turan - La Liga: 13 goals, 20 assists, 131 matches as winger/AM
Arturo Vidal - Serie A: 35 goals, 23 assists, 124 matches as CM/DM (as in the much less attacking role)

As I said, mind-boggling...

Next you will be telling me how much more difficult it is to score goals in La Liga compared to Serie A...

Maybe you should post the passing and dribbling stats since you're so resourceful.

Home of Barca Fans