Arturo Vidal

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Maybe you should post the passing and dribbling stats since you're so resourceful.

You are welcome to do that, I no longer have the time, as it's friday night and all and I need to leave.. Fact is, I'm very happy we got him as Schweinsteiger replacement, even for a very acceptable price, although he's not the youngest anymore.
You are of course welcome to believe about the quality of the player what you will, but I reserve my right to do the same about Arda Turan.

F

Flavia

I don't like national teams, but just look at what Vidal does for Chile and how successful they are with him at the helm, and compare that to Arda Turan and Turkey, since he has a very similar role in his team.
Sure, Vidal is not the second-coming of Christ, but to read that anyone considers Turan and Vidal equal, and gives arguments like "they were paid for similarly, so their worth and quality is the same also" (since when did actual worth and "what was paid" ever equal each other in terms of football transfers for that matter?), just boggled my fucking mind.

Valdivia had a better copa america than vidal, and he plays in Brazil. You say their difference is like Messi to bale, and then want to be taken seriously, or post stats that don't tell a whole picture. Nice try.

serghei

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, the discussion is about these two being close in value. Not about who is better. I am perfectly fine with someone who thinks Vidal is slightly better, but not with someone who thinks he is much better.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Real??? xD

Because they signed the best coach in the history of football, I guess? I predict a Real exit in the Quarterfinal unless they get the easiest route possible as they usually always get.

You must be quite mad because La Liga clubs humiliate Bayern every season nowadays. 5:0 to RM and 5 conceded vs Barcelona with that Messi goal that humiliated your defender and made him a joke. When will you notice that Bayern is behind La Liga teams ? Perhaps if they didn't play in such a weak league ,they would be favorites for CL. With a good transfer window I'd rate Barca,RM,Chelsea and even PSG to have a better chance. Robben and Ribery are getting old and are constantly injured, you can't depend on Robbery forever.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, the discussion is about these two being close in value. Not about who is better. I am perfectly fine with someone who thinks Vidal is slightly better, but not with someone who thinks he is much better.

You can't really use the transfer fee alone to compare and measure the quality of players. Juventus sold Vidal for 40m (37m plus 3m bonuses) to Bayern, which is certainly comparable to what we paid for Arda, but I think Juve sold him for cheap largely due to the fact that he became a liability after the drunk driving accident in Chile during Copa America (and he had a similar incident in Italy last season, if I am not mistaken?).

Vidal is a better player than Arda, I think most neutral fans would agree. But so what? Bayern or any team can stack a bunch of great players together, that alone doesn't win them games or titles. Let's beat them again this season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You must be quite mad because La Liga clubs humiliate Bayern every season nowadays. 5:0 to RM and 5 conceded vs Barcelona with that Messi goal that humiliated your defender and made him a joke. When will you notice that Bayern is behind La Liga teams ? Perhaps if they didn't play in such a weak league ,they would be favorites for CL. With a good transfer window I'd rate Barca,RM,Chelsea and even PSG to have a better chance. Robben and Ribery are getting old and are constantly injured, you can't depend on Robbery forever.

They have a VERY strong squad already, no shit, if everyone is fit. We will see how Douglas Costa turn out for them, but with Vidal, it is definitely a big plus for them. Also there seems to be rumors saying there will be one more big signing for them, most likely Di Maria or even De Bruyne, so we will have to wait and see.

In my opinion they are definitely one the favorite three to win the CL next season.

serghei

You can't really use the transfer fee alone to compare and measure the quality of players. Juventus sold Vidal for 40m (37m plus 3m bonuses) to Bayern, which is certainly comparable to what we paid for Arda, but I think Juve sold him for cheap largely due to the fact that he became a liability after the drunk driving accident in Chile during Copa America (and he had a similar incident in Italy last season, if I am not mistaken?).

Vidal is a better player than Arda, I think most neutral fans would agree. But so what? Bayern or any team can stack a bunch of great players together, that alone doesn't win them games or titles. Let's beat them again this season.

Again, I didn't say Arda is better than Vidal. But in this particular case, the transfer fees being payed for these two players are pretty eloquent of their value. So, similar players in terms of value, don't know which one is better, but I rate them about the same, just a notch lower than world class.

In my opinion they are definitely one the favorite three to win the CL next season.

Of course they are. Clear 3rd favourite. As far as odds are concerned, they can't be any higher since they've been outclassed in by both Barca and Real lately. So, you can't really make a reasonable case for them being odds on to win the CL in front of Barca and Real.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course they are. Clear 3rd favourite. As far as odds are concerned, they can't be any higher since they've been outclassed in by both Barca and Real lately. So, you can't really make a reasonable case for them being odds on to win the CL in front of Barca and Real.

I disagree. Just because they lost to Real Madrid and us in the last two rounds of CL semi- finals that doesn't mean they will have any disadvantages should they play us again. The past is not necessarily indicative of the future. Anything can happen. If they are fit and Guardiola doesn't screw up again, I think they are very capable of beating us or Real Madrid.

serghei

I disagree. Just because they lost to Real Madrid and us in the last two rounds of CL quarter finals that doesn't mean they will have any disadvantages should they play us again. The past is not necessarily indicative of the future. Anything can happen. If they are fit and Guardiola doesn't screw up again, I think they are very capable of beating us or Real Madrid.

They won't have any disadvantage should they play against us again, because odds are irrelevant when two teams meet. We are clear odds favourites in CL because we just won the treble, then it's Real Madrid IMO, and then Bayern. You could switch Bayern with Real, but we are no1 at the moment and quite rightfully so.

serghei

barca payed the same price for turan than we for vidal?

loool.

MMD_585197_gif_el_cano_de_dani_alves_a_vidal.gif

We are so scared of Vidal you can't even imagine. Maybe you'll sign Milner too. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans