Arturo Vidal

PhilS

In this case, passing the Barca medical exam is not a sure thing. I'm going to wait until the official team announcement before I consider him a member of the squad.

I would expect him to be a clear improvement over Gomes and probably over Paulinho. He would strengthen the squad. I have no idea how the midfield playing time would sort out, their will be serious competition within the team.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Had to come back just to laugh at this shit :lol:

Get ready for Vidal in your soup. Valverde will play him until he can't play him anymore.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Outdated "experience" from players who weren't performing at their best level for years is a big part of what sunk us in CL play the last few years. Suarez, Rakitic, and even Iniesta had been resting on their laurels for a while without actually backing it up in performance at the tournament level for us. Vidal is another player well past his prime hanging onto the same.

We need invigorated, hungry youth that is talented enough to compete for starting spots as early as possible and gives a fresh take on this team and its playing style. Only through real change in our identity will our fortunes in the CL change too. Arthur, Dembele/Malcom, Semedo, etc. are key additions to blood early and shake things up in our core team. Vidal/Paulinho are not good enough to make any notable impact and gives us more of the same.

Do you think the policy that won RM 4 CL's in 5 years was loading up on washed up workhorses and technically limited starters? No, not even close. They bought several talented youngsters (a number of which have succeeded greatly) and made sure everyone in the starting lineup is at the technical level required for their role.

Barca have bought youth with technical ability nd I’m happy with those signings. Someone like de Jong can also arrive next summer. The future looks good in that area.

A role player like Vidal is at this point in his career serves a good purpose in the squad and if managed properly will be a great signing imo. He brings complementary traits the other midfielders lack and is technically good enough for Barca.

Also you talk about Madrid but they had plenty of experience. The core of their team are older guys. You must mix youth and experience.

Jakabor

Thiago's bones would break if he tried lifting those weights behind Vidal.

#EnjoyVidal

giphy.gif

Icarium

Lifestealer
Wtf?!!! Is this really happening? He is way past it imo. Was really good but not anymore. Just hope it is not more 2 or 3 years contract.

hamoon32

What makes you think that he won't be starter in big games? If anything I think he's here to start in big games. I can see EV use a diamond 4-4-2 with Coutinho as AM and Raki and Vidal as CM.

Jombi

Barca have bought youth with technical ability nd I’m happy with those signings. Someone like de Jong can also arrive next summer. The future looks good in that area.

A role player like Vidal is at this point in his career serves a good purpose in the squad and if managed properly will be a great signing imo. He brings complementary traits the other midfielders lack and is technically good enough for Barca.

Also you talk about Madrid but they had plenty of experience. The core of their team are older guys. You must mix youth and experience.

Madrid bought those experienced players years and years ago, often more than a decade ago. How can you say that we dont have the experience when 7 out of 10 outfield players will have turned 30 next season? The central spine of our team is what? Suarez, Messi, Raki, Busi, Pique, all turned 30.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
More than 100 people in here :lol:

I guess I am in minority but wouldn't mind Vidal giving us some muscle for a season or two.

Home of Barca Fans