Arturo Vidal

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I wouldn't call him a technically gifted player either.

He is technical enough for the role he will play. He provides variety and other qualities to complete the squad imo. Also age is a positive, you need experience especially with all the youth entering the club.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You don't know this. That's the role Paulinho should have had and he ended up dragging our midfield down way more often than he had any right to.

That’s valverde’s fault. Having the guy in the team is not a problem in and of itself. I’m arguing it’s a positive move..

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He is technical enough for the role he will play. He provides variety and other qualities to complete the squad imo. Also age is a positive, you need experience especially with all the youth entering the club.

We have plenty of experience in the squad already.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Pogba becomes available next summer we better sell his ass and get him as the replacement.

clemente

How is he a deadweight when he is literally a world class player, that is known as a hardworker and type of player that "every team wants to have", wtf are these comparisons to Arda and Poulinho? This guy is obviously on another class, Bayern had to many midfielders and they let him go for 30m.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Vidal has played for Pep. He has drastically improved his tactical IQ under him. I have no worries that he will adapt to Barca easily given that he's played for Pep's Bayern with more or less the same principles. He is good technically, certainly better than Paulinho. His downsides are poor discipline and injury proneness.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How is he a deadweight when he is literally a world class player, that is known as a hardworker and type of player that "every team wants to have", wtf are these comparisons to Arda and Poulinho? This guy is obviously on another class, Bayern had to many midfielders and they let him go for 30m.

Why would Bayern let a World Class midfielder go for 30m? You literally make a point then contradict it right away.

God Serena

That’s valverde’s fault. Having the guy in the team is not a problem in and of itself. I’m arguing it’s a positive move..

The manager's tendencies play a massive role in how good or bad a transfer is for the team. Mina wouldn't be nearly as bad a transfer if he hadn't ruined our unbeaten run. Vidal would have been a much worse transfer if Lucho and Valverde featured him more often. Paulinho would have been a better transfer if he wasn't played so often, etc.

The fact that Valverde demanded this guy suggests he won't be a bench option as so many people are trying to claim, and if that's the case he will be a terrible transfer.

Home of Barca Fans