Arturo Vidal

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Santi Ovalle claiming the transfer will cost less than 20m.

I can take that. Perhaps they'll find better value in the transfer market next summer with de Jong or someone like Pogba getting available.

[tw]1025053464219529216[/tw]

serghei

Well, if it's less than 20m... then it's a more than decent deal. We could even sell him in China maybe for around the same in 2 years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I hope that doesn’t happen. Valverde needs to fix his mistakes or get sacked.

Valverde reportedly called Bartomeu when Paulinho was on verge of getting sold and has been in a bad mood in his press conferences lately when asked about Paulinho and a replacement.

Seem to have a massive mancrush on the Lord and possibly now on Vidal so wouldn't surprise me if Rakitic, Vidal and Busquets become undisputed starters with Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom being rotated.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well, if it's less than 20m... then it's a more than decent deal.

Problem isn't the money, nor is it ultimately the player itself. If we had trust in our coach, this wouldn't be an issue because we'd trust he would use Vidal on a limited role based on his characteristics.

Because it is Valverde, this is concerning. He will play Vidal in a key role if fit.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Reddit Madridistas are adamant that Kovacic will step up. :lol:

That got me so confused reading so many of them ok with Modric leaving because Kovacic will save the day.

First off, why would they bother playing 4 midfielders anymore? No Zidane and no over-abundance of WC mids if Modric leaves. Could easily see Lopetegui going with 3 and Isco just taking Modric's old spot while Kroos increases his role. Especially since they want to emphasize the wingers they have in Bale, Asensio, maybe Vinicius, etc.

Devils

There is no way this was decision between Thiago or Vidal.

Two completely different profiles of player and probably a huge difference in the price of players as well. The club (EV) wants a physical b2b workhorse midfielder. Then Thiago wouldn't even be on the list of options.

I'm in agreement with the club that we need that profile more than a Thiago profile because of how we've been outplayed in the CL in recent years. Mostly due to physicality and aggressive teams.

Whether Vidal is the best choice or not I'm not sure. But please don't spout BS like this signing is a choice between Thiago or Vidal or even 30m Vidal vs 200m Pogba.

Player profile and budgeting is the main two things the club needs to take into consideration when making these transfers.

#SeriousPostNoTrolling

BBZ8800

Barca have bought youth with technical ability nd I’m happy with those signings. Someone like de Jong can also arrive next summer. The future looks good in that area.

A role player like Vidal is at this point in his career serves a good purpose in the squad and if managed properly will be a great signing imo. He brings complementary traits the other midfielders lack and is technically good enough for Barca.

Also you talk about Madrid but they had plenty of experience. The core of their team are older guys. You must mix youth and experience.

These guys will see mighty RM's youth this season in a CL without CR7's luck, drive, decisive goals and headers.

Let's see how much RM's youth will win this season.

Tekkers

Who exactly are these fans? Rakitic best season came in 4-3-3, so i don't know what that means really. We have two real wingers now and if we still go with 4-4-2 god this season will be boring. Ronaldo less madrid, this is our chance for CL. I hope we don't make such stupid mistakes again.

valverde is sticking to that 4-4-2 formation. i won't be surprised to see rakitic on the right and vidal lining up adjacent to him in the centre against alaves

God Serena

Valverde reportedly called Bartomeu when Paulinho was on verge of getting sold and has been in a bad mood in his press conferences lately when asked about Paulinho and a replacement.

Seem to have a massive mancrush on the Lord and possibly now on Vidal so wouldn't surprise me if Rakitic, Vidal and Busquets become undisputed starters with Coutinho, Dembele and Malcom being rotated.

A starting midfield of Rakitic, Vidal, and Busquets with Coutinho, Dembele, and Malcom on the bench. That's a wet dream if I've ever heard one.

Wet because I'll be crying.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Imagine leaving a combined 300M in players, including your two most expensive ever, on the bench, because you have a workhorse fetish.

Home of Barca Fans