Arturo Vidal

BBZ8800

Ignore the fact that they lost Zidane as well and may lose Modric?

You really think RM's young players haven't succeeded? Carvajal assisting in a CL final and numerous other key games, being the best RB in the world at certain points? Varane being better defensively than Ramos? Isco having numerous high profile performances in the KO stages or Asensio's goals?

RM's entire front line needs to be renovated after Ronaldo left. A team built around serving chances to their single consistent high volume scorer has now lost said player, of course they won't gel nearly as well. I doubt their midfield gets any weaker or chance creation drops at all (unless Modric leaves) but the goalscoring will obviously not be at the level it was with Ronaldo. That doesn't mean their youth sucks or was overly reliant on Ronaldo.

By contrast, let's see where Ronaldo is this season without a team who's entire plan is built around world class creators getting him clear chances in the box.

I am saying only that Asensio, Isco and co won't win shit.
Lopetegui is a good coach, that's what people said when Spain had to be coached by Hierro.

Yes, losing Zidane is a huge loss.
But without CR7, they lost:
1. a leader
2. crazy guy who will core 1 goal in every single CL knockout game, unlike any other footballer in the world
3. a guy who brings different attacking options, like crosses and headers in dying minutes when it is hard to break buses with heavy and tired legs

Apart from that, I don't rate Isoc, Asensio and guys as out of the world.
Good guys in the range of Thiago and similar.
Which usually won't be enough to win a CL, unless you have gamechanger killers like CR7.

So, Cr7 can't win without Iscos.
But Iscos alone will do shit without CR7.

And now, since Real don't have CR7 anymore, they will do shit.
Especially if 18 year old guys like Clownicius will play.
A thought of that is already making me warm and happy, lol.

Barca will win LA liga.
In a CL, I have no idea what will happen.
The only safe bet is that RM WON'T win it.

If they get top class attackers or the prospects they have right now (Asensio and Vinicius) make it then I don't see why they wouldn't be a top team. There is 0 debate that the attack needs to rebuild over at least a few years to make up for the loss of Ronaldo.

The established youngsters (the ones in midfield and the backline) are thoroughly proven though and it makes little sense to assume they won't be class anymore.

They won't.

Wait and see.
Cr7 was their heart on a field and mentally, and a leader.
Not to mention that 50% of actions were aimed at him.
None player in the world can replace that and they will be lost for 1-2 years at least.

Who will replace CR7's goals, decisive goals, leadership and headers?
Isco and Vinicius?
5 new guys won't be enough.

Who will replace that experience, leadership, mental strength and drive, generational talent and the player with the highest motivation in football?
Youngsters?

Please...

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Our net-spend will be 0€ this summer, and the squad-depth clearly improved! Fine business by the board, considering Iniesta left for 0€.

Devils

Our net-spend will be 0€ this summer, and the squad-depth clearly improved! Fine business by the board, considering Iniesta left for 0€.

Still quite a few sales to be made so we'll end up with some extra cash.

Not sure we might even buy FDJ for next season, but he wont come this year with Vidal here.

Porque

Less goal than Paulinho but will give more "position" in midfield. Not really like for like, but at the same time a profile that our midfield is missing, and a profile that Valverde will no doubt like.

If the price is as low as being reported then it is a good, if uninspired choice. But only if De Jong is coming next season.

Devils

[tw]1025064727976787969[/tw]

Seems like his salary will be low...half of what Inter offered. Lmao that sounds too good to be true.

Joan

We don't know how much Inter offered... seems like the guy wants to come here, which is good.

I know he wouldn't sign unless it was a 3 year deal, but doubt he'll be able to stay that long.

All in all, not as terrible as I thought. Still, I'd pass.

Porque

Seems like his salary will be low...half of what Inter offered. Lmao that sounds too good to be true.

Isn't that the type of story MD run before it comes out that we are actually paying him double what Inter and paying him, and also giving Neymar's dad 20m as part of the deal.

Saladin

If that's the case, then I guess the deal is not as risky as I reckoned at first glance. Still think Valverde is stubbornly sticking to his 4-4-2 snoozefest of a game plan, which I am already dreading the results of.

Home of Barca Fans