Arturo Vidal

Vilarrubi

There's a rumour coming out from the apparently reliable Chilean press that agreeing terms with Vidal is a final ultimatum to Rabiot, he has until tomorrow to express his desire to leave PSG, if not we will indeed sign Arturo.

I'd rather have Vidal for 25m than get ripped off for Rabiot with price and high wages. Also Vidal brings something different to the team.

EdmondDantes

I'd rather have Vidal for 25m than get ripped off for Rabiot with price and high wages. Also Vidal brings something different to the team.

The thing is, I've seen Rabiot have monster games in the Champions League, he's a mummy's boy, spoilt diva but I can see why we're keen on him - as possibly the long term replacement for Busi. He's very talented.

I wish we could sign Vidal now and then get Rabiot to run down his contract so we can get him for free next summer. They're very different players anyway, not mutually exclusive and can easily coexist in the same midfield.

Last edited:

Garrus

Those obsessed with signing young players with high ‘potentials’ already got their fix for this season, However its time for the club to start looking for experienced players that will help us win the UCL in THIS season.

We only need Vidal to step up in these crucial moments of the quarter & semi finals of UCL, Which we always seem to find ways to **ck up in them and get eliminated.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Can't wait for some crucial red cards in the knockout stages.
Also his partying habits are okay it seems. When Neymar did it (or when there were just rumours about it) everyone was going nuts.

Vilarrubi

Can't wait for some crucial red cards in the knockout stages.
Also his partying habits are okay it seems. When Neymar did it (or when there were just rumours about it) everyone was going nuts.

Someone already posted he's only had 6 reds in his career, its just a myth.

MTL_Barca

I don't like this at all, he already declined massively and is 31. This will be terrible in the long run and i don't even expect much from him this season either. Doesn't fit our style and will do nothing but give Valverde an excuse to play 4-4-2 without contributing much.

Sounds crazy but tbh i almost would've rather kept Paulinho if i new we would sign an even older player as a replacement. At least Paulinho was playing on for like 2 years without a break while Vidal just comes back from a knee surgery.

Malcom was a nice surprise, this is the complete opposite of it for me :( People here always say theres a reason Bayern wants to sell Thiago...well they don't want to, what they want is offload Vidal for pennies just to get rid of him. And they do this for good reasons, he was overall very disappointing for Bayern imo.

Last edited:

Joan

If I recall correctly, Casemiro has never gotten a red. Un - fucking - believable. What playing for Madrid does to a man...

Devils

I don't like this at all, he already declined massively and is 31. This will be terrible in the long run and i don't even expect much from him this season either. Doesn't fit our style and will do nothing but give Valverde an excuse to play 4-4-2 without contributing much.

Sounds crazy but tbh i almost would've rather kept Paulinho if i new we would sign an even older player as a replacement. At least Paulinho was playing on for like 2 years without a break while Vidal just comes back from a knee surgery.

He clearly fits Barca style, Pep Guardiola signed him. :bartomeu:

As much as I love the Chinese Dragon, Vidal is a superior player. Paulinho played for Spurs then went to China. Vidal has played for Levekeusen, Juve, Bayern and has achieved significant titles with Chile.

He's much more experienced at top level football. He's also more aggressive and physical than Paulinho.

Raketa10

I am more worried for what does this mean for De Jong next summer. We will have to many “over 30” midfielders.

Last edited:

Joan

I'm not worried about his style. At all. He's the type Valverde likes and wants, personally think every team could use such players, but I am worried about his possible decline, alcohol problems and injuries. A few years ago, I'd be all over this. Not so much now.

Home of Barca Fans