Aymeric Laporte

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
France are so stupid for not selecting him yet. Varane, Laporte and Zouma are the three CBs they should base their future on.

Not freaking Sakho. Hell even Mangala is ahead of him for some reason(for the record then I think Mangala will go on to develop as quite a good CB too, but Laporte's current level is higher IMO).

Laporte-Varane

Pace, agility, tactical understanding, physicality, everything.

Imagine that central defence :worthy:

DonAK

Wait can Spain still call him up then?

Yes, and he has not ruled out playing for Spain either although he really want to play for France and Spain would most likely only be his option if France keep ignoring him.

He's currently the Captain of France's U21 side.

khaled_a_d

He fits Lucho's profile. He surely prefers to play a left footed Lcb. As Mustafi is probably going to Bayern, maybe it'll happen.

Our starting LCB is Mascherano ,who is right footed
tbh I think unless he renewed Giménez will be better option for Lucho .he is far more proven and is young enough to learn to play with his foot and overall much better player than Laporte

DonAK

Our starting LCB is Mascherano ,who is right footed
tbh I think unless he renewed Giménez will be better option for Lucho .he is far more proven and is young enough to learn to play with his foot and overall much better player than Laporte

I like Gimenez too, but don't see how he is far more proven and a much better player than Laporte. Unlike Gimenez, Laporte doesn't have the luxury to play in a very secure team defensively like Atletico alongside a rock like Godin.

I haven't seen anything from Gimenez that Laporte hasn't showed in the 100 odd matches he's played for Athletic Bilbao.

khaled_a_d

Oh, I thought Gimenez had renewed last season with a higher buyout.

Not sure about that ,from what I understand he has something like 40-50M buyout
Laporte has 50M buyout which is ridiculous tbh .I would like him for something like 30-35M but he isn't worth the current price tag IMHO .

Home of Barca Fans